Author Topic: Preconciliar Breviary  (Read 633 times)

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Preconciliar Breviary
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 03:56:46 PM »
Also, there's a youtube channel with a playlist of videos on singing the hymns of the LOBVM.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR7cOUX2gl7rc5SoNvS6NrnsDf6ChWuub
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michaelís Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

ďMy dear good people: Do what you have to do, When youíre supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.Ē

The following users thanked this post: Jayne

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 11:46:21 PM »
I have a 1932 Divine Office that's meant for use with the Discalced Carmelite nuns.  I got it at a used book sale for free a few years ago. I took it solely because I didn't want it to get thrown away.  I've never used it, and likely never will.  While I love the Carmelites, I am not drawn to living their spirituality in my daily life.
 You are welcome to have it for the price of shipping, if you want it.  It's in really good shape, and I can post some pictures if you are interested. 

The following users thanked this post: Jayne, Lynne, queen.saints, discalced

Offline queen.saints

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2020, 05:03:26 AM »
I have a 1932 Divine Office that's meant for use with the Discalced Carmelite nuns.  I got it at a used book sale for free a few years ago. I took it solely because I didn't want it to get thrown away.  I've never used it, and likely never will.  While I love the Carmelites, I am not drawn to living their spirituality in my daily life.
 You are welcome to have it for the price of shipping, if you want it.  It's in really good shape, and I can post some pictures if you are interested.

Whoa, thatís incredibly valuable. Itís hard to find even much later editions of a specific riteís Divine Office.

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 08:02:48 AM »

Whoa, thatís incredibly valuable. Itís hard to find even much later editions of a specific riteís Divine Office.

If he doesn't want it, you can have it  :)

The following users thanked this post: queen.saints

Offline discalced

• Hellebardier
  • Zelo zelatus sum pro Domino Deo exercituum
    • Climbing Carmel
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2020, 08:29:52 AM »

Wow, that's incredibly generous. Absolutely - I would love that. Thank you so much. I just PM'd you.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 08:34:37 AM by discalced »
Residuum revertetur!

Climbing Carmel