Author Topic: The Last Week of Christ's Life: From the Gospel as Revealed to me by Valtorta.  (Read 363 times)

Offline Xavier

• Eternal Father, through Mary's Immaculate Heart, We Offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in Atonement for our sins and those of the Whole World.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Slave of the Risen Jesus in the Holy Sacrifice.
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: St. Thomas' Indult Traditional Roman Catholic.
Our Lord has often said that few things please Him so much as constant meditation on His Life and especially on His Most Holy Passion. As we are entering into Holy Week, it will be well to contemplate in detail the last days He spent on Earth before His Crucifixion, and all the Sorrows and Sufferings He endured for our sake, before His glorious Resurrection. May it impel us to make every effort to carry our Cross behind Him and with Him, so that we also one day may partake of His Resurrection. Contstant meditation on the Passion is almost a kind of continual mental prayer offered up to Our Lord, and that would surely please Him much. Along with it, contemplation of His Sorrows draws us inexorably to love Him more and more, Who Sacrificed and Suffered so much for our sake. This is the most auspicious of times. So come let us all deepen and renew Our Love for Our Lord and retrace in spirit His holy steps up to the Way of the Cross.

580. The Friday before the Entry into Jerusalem. Judas of Kerioth Impenitent.19th March 1947.

1 «If you wish so, you may go, wherever you like. I am staying here today with Judas and James. The women disciples are to come» says Jesus to the apostles who are gathered around Him under the porch of the house. And He adds: «But make sure that you are all back here before sunset. And be prudent. Try to be unnoticed to avoid retaliations against you.»

«Oh! I am going to stay here. What have I to do in Jerusalem?» says Peter.

«Instead I will go. My father is certainly expecting me. He wants to offer the wine. An old promise, but always kept, because my father is an honest man. What a wonderful wine you will taste at the Passover banquet! My father's vineyards at Ramah! They are famous in the area» says Thomas.
«Also these wines of Lazarus are very good. I will never forget the banquet for the feast of the Dedication...» says Matthew, in an unintentional tone of gluttony.
«In that case your memory will be refreshed more than ever, because I think that Lazarus is giving a great banquet tomorrow. I have seen such preparations...» says James of Zebedee.
«Is that so? Are other people coming?» asks Andrew.

«No. I asked Maximinus. He said no.»
«Ah! Otherwise I would have put on the new tunic that my wife sent me» says Philip.
«That is what I am going to do. I wanted to put it on at Passover. But I will wear it tomorrow. We are going to have more peace here tomorrow, than in a few days' time...» says Bartholomew and he stops pensively.

2 «I am going to adorn myself with new clothes to go to town. And what about You, Master?» asks John.
«So am I. I will put on purple robes.»
«You will look like a king!» exclaims the favourite apostle full of admiration, as he already imagines Him in the splendid robes...
«But if I had not seen to it! I have had that purple for years...» says the Iscariot boastfully.
«Really? Oh! no one had thought about it... The Master is always so humble...»
«Too humble. The time has now come when He must be King. We have waited long enough! If He is not a king on a throne, at least, to safeguard His dignity, He must have clothes suiting His rank. I see to everything.»

«You are right, Judas. You are aware of the ways of the world. We... are poor fishermen...» say humbly the men who have come from the lake... And as it always happens in the light of the world − in the false twilight of the world – Judas' base metal alloy seems nobler than the unrefined, but pure, sincere, honest gold of the Galilean hearts...

Jesus, Who was speaking to the Zealot and to Alphaeus' sons, turns round and looks at the Iscariot and at those honest men, so humble and mortified at being so... deficient as compared with Judas... and He shakes His head without saying anything. But when He sees the Iscariot tie the laces of his sandals and sort his mantle as if he were on the point of setting off, He asks him: «Where are you going?»
«To town.»
«I told you that I am keeping you here with James...»
«Ah! I thought that You were referring to Your brother Judas... So... I... am like a prisoner... Ah! Ah!» He sneers.
«I don't think that Bethany has chains or bars. It has only the desire of your Master. And I would love to be the prisoner of it» remarks the Zealot.
«Oh! of course! I was joking... The fact is... I would like to have news of my mother. Pilgrims from Kerioth have certainly arrived in Jerusalem and...»
«No. In two days' time we shall all be in Jerusalem. You are staying here now» says
Jesus authoritatively.
Judas does not insist. He takes off his mantle saying: «So? Who is going to town? We ought to know what the humours are... What the disciples are doing... I wanted to go to hear also from friends... I had promised Peter...»
«It does not matter. You are staying. Nothing of what you said is necessary. It is not strictly necessary...»
«But if Thomas is going…»
3 «Master, I should like to go as well. I also promised it. I have friends in Annas' house and...»
«And would you go there, son? And if they catch you?» asks Salome who has approached them.
«If they catch me? What wrong have I done? None. So I must not fear the Lord. And even if they catch me, I will not tremble.»
«Oh! the bold young lion! Will you not tremble? Are you not aware of how much they hate us? It's death, you know, if they catch us» says the Iscariot to frighten him.
«Then why do you want to go? Are you perhaps privileged with immunity? What have you done to be so? Tell me, and I will do it.»

Judas suddenly looks as if he were frightened and angry, but John's face is so clear that the traitor is reassured. He realises that there is no snare, no suspicion in those words, and he says: «I have not done anything. But I have some good friends near the Proconsul, so...»

«Well! Who wants to come, let him come, as it is not raining any longer. We are wasting time here and by midday it may rain again. Whoever wants to come should hurry up» says Thomas urging them.
«Shall I go, Master?» asks John.
«Yes, go.»
«There you are! It is always the same! He can, the others can. I cannot. It's always “no” for me!»
«I will try to find out about your mother» says John to calm him.
«And I will try as well. I am coming with you and Thomas» says the Zealot and he adds: «My old age will check the young ones, Master. And I know those of Kerioth very well. If I see any, I will approach them. I will bring you news of your mother, Judas. Be good! Be quiet! It is Passover, Judas. We all feel the peace of this festivity, the joy of this solemnity. Why do you alone want to be so upset, so sullen, so discontented, enjoying no peace? Passover is the passage of God... Passover, for us Hebrews, is the feast of our liberation from a hard yoke. The Most High God delivered us. Now, as the ancient event cannot be repeated, its symbol remains, individual... Passover: liberation of hearts, purification, baptism, if you wish, with the blood of the lamb, so that enemy powers may no longer injure those who are marked with it. It is so beautiful to begin the new year with this feast of purification, of liberation, of adoration of God
our Saviour...

4 Oh! excuse me, Master! I have spoken when I should have kept quiet, because You are here to correct our hearts...»
«Just what I was thinking, too, Simon. The very same thing: that I have two masters now instead of one, and they seemed too many» says the Iscariot angrily.
Peter... oh! Peter this time cannot control himself and he flies into a rage saying: «And if you don't stop this at once you will have a third one and that will be me. And I swear to you that my arguments will be more persuasive than words.»
«Would you beat a companion? After so many efforts to keep the old Galilean to the bottom, your true nature is surfacing again, is that so?»
«It is not surfacing. It has always been on the surface, and very clearly I use no duplicity. The trouble is that with wild jackasses such as you are, there is only one argument to break them in: a good flogging. You ought to be ashamed of trespassing on His kindness and our patience! Come, Simon! Come, John! Come, Thomas! Goodbye, Master. I am going away as well, because if I stay... no, thank God, I will no longer be able to check myself.» and Peter grasps his mantle, that was on a seat, and puts it on in a hurry, and he is so angry that he does not realise he has put it on upside-down, so that John has to tell him of his mistake and help him to put it on right. And he goes away headlong, stamping his feet on the ground, to discharge some of his wrath thus. He looks like a furious young bull.

The others... oh! the others are like open books in which one can read what is written. Bartholomew raises his thin face of an old man towards the sky still cloudy, and he seems to be studying the winds, in order not to have to study faces: Jesus' is in fact too sorrowful, the Iscariot's too perfidious. Matthew and Philip look at Thaddeus whose eyes, so similar to Jesus', are flashing with wrath, and both have the same thought: they take him between them and push him away, towards the inner lane leading to Simon's house, saying: «Your mother wanted us to do that job. You had better come, too, James of Zebedee» and they drag away also Salome's son. Andrew looks at James of Alphaeus and James looks at him: two faces reflecting the same contained sufferings, and as they do not know what to say, they take each other's hand like two boys and move away sadly. Salome is the only woman disciple there and she dare not move or speak, neither can she make up her mind to go away, as if she wished to check other words of the worthless apostle with her presence. Fortunately none of Lazarus' family are present.

The Blessed Virgin is also absent.

5 Judas sees that he is alone with Jesus and Salome. As he does not want to be with them, he turns his back on them and goes away towards the jasmin bower.

Jesus looks at him go away. He watches him. He notices that, after pretending to sit down in the bower, Judas slips away on the quiet from the rear side and disappears among the hedges of roses, laurels and boxes, that separate the true garden from the beds of spices, where the beehives are. It is possible to go out there through one of the secondary gates open in the walls of the large garden, a real park, two sides of which border on very tall hedges, as wide as an avenue, with openings facing gates here and there to give access to the meadows, fields, orchards and olive-groves, as well as Simon's house, that link the garden to the farms, uniting and separating them at the same time, while on the other two sides there are powerful massive walls opening on to two roads, a secondary one and a main one, that form a crossroad and the former, cutting through Bethany, runs towards Bethlehem.

Jesus straightens Himself up as much as possible and changes position as much as is necessary, to see what the Iscariot is doing, and His eyes are blazing.

Mary Salome sees them and she understands, although she cannot see, not being very tall, she realises what is happening towards the end of the park and she whispers:

«Lord, have mercy on us!» Jesus hears her whisper and He turns round for a moment to look at His good simple disciple. She may have had a thought of motherly pride when she asked for a place of honour for her sons, but at least she was in a position to do so as they are good apostles and she humbly accepted the reproof of the Master and she did not feel offended by it, neither did she go away from Him, on the contrary she became more humble and more obliging towards the Master, Whom she follows like His shadow, whenever she can, and Whose least expressions she studies in order to be able, whenever possible, to forestall His wishes and give Him joy. And even now the good and humble Salome tries to comfort the Master and to appease the suspicion that makes Him suffer, saying:

«See? He is not going far. He left his mantle there and he has not picked it up. He may go for a walk in the meadows to give vent to his humour...Judas would never go to town unless he were properly dressed...»
«He would go there even if he were naked, if he wanted. In fact... Look! Come here!»
«Oh!! He is trying to open the gate! But it is locked! He is calling one of the servants of the beehives!»
6 Jesus shouts in a loud voice: «Judas! Wait for Me! I must speak to you» and He is about to set out.
To understand God's Plan for Humanity, and how He has provided the means by which we can minimize the Coming Great Tribulation, read: https://maryrefugeofholylove.com/

Offer your Life to Jesus and Mary: TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Eminence Patriarch Kirill of Moscow, His Excellency Metropolitan Hilarion, as well as His Eminence Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Roman Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the 220+ Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all 6000+ Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for the 400,000+ Priests, the 700,000+ Nuns, 50,000+ Monks, 100,000+ seminarians, that they may all become the Saints the Divine Will wishes them to be; for all the 1.35 Billion Members of the Church, the Millions of Catholic Catechumens and Children to be born and baptized in this Decade; we pray for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, for All Lay Apostolates, and All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/

"Mother of God, Co-Redemptrix of the world, pray for us" [Promise: 1000 Souls from Purgatory]"This short prayer, this insistent prayer, every time it is said, sets free from Purgatory 1000 Souls, who reach the Eternal Joy, the Eternal Light"(!). http://www.jesusmariasite.org/jesus-pray-my-children-that-the-fifth-marian-dogma-be-proclaimed/

Offline Xavier

• Eternal Father, through Mary's Immaculate Heart, We Offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in Atonement for our sins and those of the Whole World.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
«For pity's sake, Lord!! I am going to call Lazarus... Your Mother... Don't go by Yourself!»

Although Jesus is walking fast, He turns round a little and says: «I order you not to do so. On the contrary, be quiet. With everybody. If they ask you about Me: I have gone out with Judas for a short walk. If the women disciples come, let them wait. I shall soon be back.»

Salome does not react, neither does the Iscariot. The former near the house, the latter near the wall, they both remain where Jesus has stopped them and they look at Him: Salome sees Him move away, Judas sees Him come towards him.

«Open the door, Jonah. I am going out for a moment with My disciple. And if you are going to stay here, you need not close it behind us. I shall soon be back» He kindly says to the peasant servant who had remained dumbfounded with the big key in his hand.

The heavy iron door squeaks in being opened, as the key screeches in working the lock.
«A door that is seldom opened» says the servant smiling. «Eh! You have got rusty! When one is idle one gets spoiled... Rust, dust... urchins... The same happens to us... if we do not always work on our souls!»
«Well said, Jonah! Your thought is a wise one. Many rabbis would envy you it.»
«Oh! it's my bees that suggest them to me... and Your words. It is really Your words. Then the bees also make me understand them. Because everything has a voice, if one can understand it. And I say: if the bees obey the order of Him Who created them, and they are little insects which I do not know where they may have brains and hearts, and I, who have heart, brains and soul, and I hear the Master, shall I not be able to do what they do, working all the time to do what the Master says we must do, and thus make my soul beautiful and bright, without any rust, dust, mud and straw, and stones and other snares placed in the device by hellish enemies?»

«You are quite right. Imitate your bees, and your soul will become a rich beehive full of precious virtues, and God will come to enjoy it. Goodbye, Jonah. Peace be with you.»

He lays His hand on the grey-haired head of the servant, who has stooped in front of Him, and He goes out on the road towards meadows of red clover as beautiful as thick deep-red and crimson carpets. Bees are flying on them from flower to flower sparkling and humming.

7 When they are far enough from the wall so that no one in Lazarus' garden might hear them, Jesus says: «Did you hear that servant He is a peasant. It is already a great thing if he can read a few words... And yet... His words could have been uttered by My lips and My speech would not have seemed to be foolish. He feels that one must watch to ensure that the enemies of the spirit do not spoil the spirit... I... am keeping you near Me because of such enemies, and that is why you hate Me! I want to defend you from yourself and from them, and you hate Me. I am handing you the means to save yourself, and you can still do it, and you hate Me. I will tell you once again: go away, Judas. Go far away. Do not go to Jerusalem. You are not well. It is not a lie to say that you are so ill that you cannot take part in the celebration of Passover. You will keep the supplementary one. The Law allows people to keep the supplementary Passover, when diseases or other grave reasons prevent them from keeping the solemn one. I will ask Lazarus – he is a prudent friend and will not ask any questions – to take you beyond the Jordan today.»

«No. I told You many times to reject me. You did not want to. Now I do not want it.»
«You do not want? You do not want to be saved? You take no pity on yourself? On your mother?»
«You should say to me: “Have you no mercy on Me?” You would be more sincere.»
«Judas, My unhappy friend, I am not begging you on My behalf. I am begging you for your own sake. Look! We are alone. You and I alone. You know who I am, I know who you are. It is the last moment of grace still granted to us to prevent your ruin... Oh! do not sneer so satanically, My friend. Do not laugh at Me as if I were mad because I say: “your ruin” and not Mine. Mine is not a ruin. Yours is... We are alone, you and I, and above us there is God... God Who does not hate you yet, God Who is witness to this supreme struggle between Good and Evil competing for your soul. Above us there is the Empyrean watching us. The Empyrean that will soon be filled with saints. They are already exulting, in their place of expectation, because they feel that joy is coming... Judas, your father is among them...»

«He was a sinner. He is not there.»
«He was a sinner, but not a damned soul. So joy is approaching him as well. Why do you want to grieve him in his joy?»
«He is past grief. He is dead.»
«No. He is not past the grief of seeing you guilty, you... oh! do not make Me say that word!...»
«Yes, say it! I have been saying it to myself for months! I am damned. I know. Nothing can be changed.»
«Everything! Judas, I am weeping. The last tears of the Man... do you want to have them shed?... Judas, I beg you. Consider, My friend: Heaven is assenting to My prayers, and you, and you... Will you let Me pray in vain? Consider who is praying in front of you: the Messiah of Israel, the Son of the Father... Judas, listen to Me... Stop, while you can!...»

«No!»
To understand God's Plan for Humanity, and how He has provided the means by which we can minimize the Coming Great Tribulation, read: https://maryrefugeofholylove.com/

Offer your Life to Jesus and Mary: TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Eminence Patriarch Kirill of Moscow, His Excellency Metropolitan Hilarion, as well as His Eminence Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Roman Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the 220+ Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all 6000+ Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for the 400,000+ Priests, the 700,000+ Nuns, 50,000+ Monks, 100,000+ seminarians, that they may all become the Saints the Divine Will wishes them to be; for all the 1.35 Billion Members of the Church, the Millions of Catholic Catechumens and Children to be born and baptized in this Decade; we pray for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, for All Lay Apostolates, and All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/

"Mother of God, Co-Redemptrix of the world, pray for us" [Promise: 1000 Souls from Purgatory]"This short prayer, this insistent prayer, every time it is said, sets free from Purgatory 1000 Souls, who reach the Eternal Joy, the Eternal Light"(!). http://www.jesusmariasite.org/jesus-pray-my-children-that-the-fifth-marian-dogma-be-proclaimed/

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
8 Jesus covers His face with His hands and drops to the ground at the border of the meadow. He weeps noiselessly, but bitterly. His shoulders are shaken by His deep sobbing... Judas looks at Him, there, at his feet, heart-broken, weeping, and out of the desire to save him... and he is moved for a moment. Laying aside the hard tone of a real demon he had previously, he says: «I cannot go away... I have given my word...»

Jesus raises His distressed face and interrupts him saying: «To whom? To whom? To some poor men! And you are worried about them, about being considered dishonourable by them? And had you not given yourself to Me for three years? And you are concerned about the comments of a handful of evil-doers and not about God's judgement? Oh! But what must I do, Father, to revive in him the will not to sin?»

And He lowers His head again, oppressed with sorrow, distressed... He already looks like the Jesus suffering in the agony of Gethsemane.

Judas feels sorry for Him and says: «I will stay. Do not suffer thus! I will stay... Help me to stay! Defend me!»

«Always! Always, if you only wish so. Come. There is no sin that I do not excuse and forgive. Say: “I want”. And I shall have redeemed you...» Jesus, standing up, has taken him in His arms. But if the tears of Jesus-God fall on Judas' head, Judas' lips remain closed. He does not say the requested word. He does not even say «forgive me» when Jesus whispers through his hair: «You can perceive whether I love you! I should have reproached you! I kiss you. I should be entitled to say to you: “Ask your God to forgive you” and I only ask you to have the will to be forgiven. You are so ill! You cannot ask much of a person who is very ill. Of all the sinners who came to Me I asked absolute repentance in order to be able to forgive them. I am asking you, My friend, only the will to repent and then... I will act.»

Judas is silent...

Jesus lets him go saying: «Stay here at least until the day after the Sabbath.»

«I will stay... Let us go back to the house. They will notice our absence. The women are perhaps waiting for You. They are better than I am and You must not neglect them because of me.»

Do you not remember the parable of the lost sheep? You are the lost sheep... They, the women disciples, are the good sheep closed in the fold. They are in no danger, even if I should have to search all day for your soul to take it back to the fold...»

«Of course! Of course! All right! I will go back to the fold! I will shut myself up in Lazarus library and read there. I don't want to be disturbed. I don't want to see anybody or hear anything. So... You will not suspect me all the time. And if the Sanhedrin is informed of anything that takes place, You will have to look for the snakes among Your favourite ones. Goodbye! I am going in through the main gate. Don't be afraid. I will not run away. You can come and check whenever You wish» and turning his back on Him he strides away.

9 Jesus, a tall white figure in His linen tunic at the edge of the green-red meadow, lifts up His arms towards the clear sky and raises His very sad face and soul to His Father moaning: «Oh! Father! Will You accuse Me of omitting anything that may save him?

You know that I am struggling to prevent his crime for the sake of his soul, not for My life... Father! Oh! Father! I beg You! Hasten the hour of darkness, the hour of the Sacrifice, because it is too cruel for Me to live near the friend who does not want to be redeemed...

The greatest grief!»
and Jesus sits down on the thick, tall, beautiful clover.

He bends His head on His raised knees clasped in His arms and He weeps... Oh! I cannot look at those tears! In distress, in solitude, in... the conviction that Heaven will do nothing to comfort Him, and that He must suffer that grief, they are already too similar to those of Gethsemane. And that grieves me too much...

Jesus weeps for a long time in the solitary silent place. Witnesses of His tears the golden-hued bees, the scented clover that waves slowly in a stormy wind, and the clouds that early in the morning were like a thin net in the blue sky and are now thick, dark, piled up threatening more rain.

10 Jesus stops weeping. He raises His head listening... The noise of wheels and harnessbells comes from the main road. Then the noise of the wheels stops, whilst that of the harness-bells continues. Jesus says: «Let us go! The women disciples... They are faithful... Father, let it be done as You wish! I offer You the sacrifice of this desire of Mine as Saviour and Friend. It is written! He wanted it. That is true. However, Father, let Me continue My work on his behalf until it is all over. And even from this moment I say to You: Father, when I pray for sinners, a victim having no power to take direct action, Father, take My sufferings and force Judas' soul with them. I am aware that I am asking what Justice cannot grant. But Mercy and Love have come from You, and You love what comes from You and is One Thing only with You, God One and Trine, Holy and Blessed. I will give Myself to My beloved ones as food and drink.

So, Father, are My Blood and My Flesh to become condemnation for one of them? Father, help Me! A germ of repentance in that heart!...

Father, why are You going away? Are You already moving away from Your Word Who is praying? Father, the hour has come. I know. May Your blessed will be done!

But leave Your Son, Your Christ, in Whom, by Your inscrutable decree the certain clairvoyance of the future is diminishing in this hour and I do not say to You that this is cruelty, but it is Your compassion for Me – leave Me the hope that I may still save him. Oh! Father! I know. I have known since I am. I have known since, not only as Word, but as Man, I came here to the Earth. I have known since I met the man in the Temple... I have always been aware of it... But now... Oh! it seems to Me – through Your great pity, Most Holy Father!  it seems to Me but a dreadful dream, brought about by his behaviour, but not something ineluctable... and that I may still hope, always, because infinite is My suffering and infinite will be the Sacrifice, and may it be of some benefit also for him... Ah! I am raving! It is the Man Who wants to hope so!

The God Who is in the Man, the God made Man cannot delude Himself! The mist that for a moment was concealing the abyss from Me is dissipating... the abyss already open to swallow the man who preferred Darkness to the Light... It was Your pity that concealed it! It is Your pity that shows Me it now that You have recomforted Me. Yes, Father, also that! Everything! And I will be Mercy until the end, because such is My Essence.»

He is still praying, silently, His arms stretched out crosswise, and His distressed face calms down more and more assuming the appearance of solemn peace. It becomes almost bright with the light of interior joy, although there is no smile on His closed lips.

It is the joy of His spirit, in communion with His Father, a joy that leaks out from the veils of the flesh and cancels the marks that grief had impressed and painted on the Master's face, which had become the more emaciated and spiritualised, the more He advanced towards sorrow and sacrifice.

In these last mortal days the face of Christ is no longer a face of the Earth, and no artist will ever be able to give us that face of Man God carved into supernatural beauty by perfect total love and sorrow, even if the Redeemer should show Himself to the artist.

11 Jesus is once again at the gate of the enclosure, He locks it and proceeds towards the house. The servant met previously sees Him and runs to take the big key that Jesus is holding in His hand. He goes on. He meets Lazarus who says: «Master, the women have come. I took them into the white hall because in the library there is Judas, who is reading and is not well.»

«I know. Thank you for the women. Are there many?»
«Johanna, Nike, Eliza and Valeria with Plautina and another friend or freedwoman, I do not know, whose name is Marcella, and an old woman who says she knows You: Anne of Meron, then Annaleah and there is another young girl with her, named Sarah. They are with the women disciples, Your Mother and my sisters.»
«And these voices of children?»
«Anne has brought her grandchildren, Johanna has her children and Valeria her daughter. I took them into the inner court-yard...»

Next Chapter: 581. The Friday before the Entry into Jerusalem. Farewell to the Women Disciples and the Encounter with an Unhappy Child.

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
As we celebrate Palm Sunday, let our thoughts and love, our minds and hearts, go back to that Last Holy Week of Our Lord Jesus Christ's Life, and let us share the burden of pain He must have borne in His Sacred Heart - the pain of betrayal and treason by His unfaithful disciple, the pain of disheartening weakness on the part of so many other disciples, the grief of denial by St. Peter, of His impending rejection by Jerusalem, and of so many other pains. But for now at least on this Sunday, Our Lord Jesus enters Jerusalem as Triumphant King, according to the prophesy of Zecharias 9, declaring to Israel and to the world that her Messiah had come and His Name was Jesus.

Let us relive and revisit the Holy Week of Our Lord's Life. Fast Forward to Chapter 584:

... 7 Mary of Magdala seems to be deaf. She continues wiping Jesus' feet with her loose hair that now, at its end, is also heavy with the ointment and darker than on the top of her head. Jesus' feet are smooth and soft in their shade of old ivory, as if they were covered with fresh skin. And Mary puts the sandals on the Christ's feet again, kissing each foot before and after putting the sandal on, deaf to everything that is not her love for Jesus.

Jesus defends her laying His hand on her head bent in the last kiss and saying: «Leave her alone. Why are you annoying and upsetting her? You do not realise what she has done. Mary has accomplished an action that is rightful and good with regard to Me. The poor will always be among you. I am about to go away. You will always have them, but you will soon not have Me any longer. You will always be able to give alms to the poor. Shortly to Me, to the Son of man among men, it will no longer be possible to give any honour, through the will of men, and because the hour has come.

Love is light to her. She feels that I am about to die and she wanted to anticipate the burial anointing for My body. I tell you solemnly that wherever the Good News is proclaimed, this prophetic action of love of hers will be remembered. All over the world. Throughout ages. I wish God would turn every human being into another Mary who does not value things, who entertains no attachment for anything, who does not cherish the least memory of the past, but destroys and treads on everything that is flesh and world, and breaks and spreads herself, as she did with the nard and the alabaster, on her Lord and out of love for Him.

Do not weep, Mary. In this hour I repeat to you the words I spoke to Simon the Pharisee and to your sister Martha: “You are forgiven everything, because you have loved completely.” You have chosen the better part. And it will not be taken away from you. Go in peace, My kind little sheep found again. Go in peace. The pastures of love shall be your food forever.

Stand up. Kiss also My hands that have absolved and blessed you... How many people these hands of Mine have absolved, blessed, cured, assisted! And yet I tell you that the people whom I have assisted are preparing torture for these hands...»

There is deathlike silence in the air sultry with the intense scent.

Mary, her loose hair clothing her shoulders and veiling her face, kisses the right hand that Jesus offers her and cannot detach her lips from it...

Martha, deeply moved, approaches her and gathers her loose hair, which she braids caressing her, and then she wipes the tears on her cheeks endeavouring to dry them...

No one feels like eating any more... Christ's words make them pensive. Judas of Alphaeus is the first to get up. He asks leave to withdraw. His brother James imitates him and Andrew and John follow suit. The others remain, but they are already standing, intent on purifying their hands in silver basins handed to them by the servants. Mary and Martha do the same with the Master and Lazarus.

8 A servant comes in and he bends to speak to Maximinus, who, after listening to him, says: «Master, there are some people who would like to see You. They say that they come from afar. What shall we do?»

Jesus calls Philip, James of Zebedee and Thomas and says to them: «Go, evangelize, cure, act in My name. Tell them that I shall be going up to the Temple tomorrow.»

«Is it wise to tell them that, Lord?» asks Simon Zealot.
«There is no sense in being silent about it, because it is already mentioned in the Holy City, more by enemies than by friends. Go!»
«H'm! As long as friends know... we know. But they do not betray. I do not know how the others can be informed.»

«Among the many friends there are always some enemies, Simon of Jonas. Now the friends are... too many and they are accepted as such too easily. When I think how long I had to wait and pray!... But those were the early days and one was cautious. Then the triumphs dazzled us and we were no longer wary. And that was wrong. But it happens to all winners. Victories prevent one from seeing clearly and enfeeble one's prudence in acting. I am speaking of us disciples, of course, not of the Master. He is perfect. If we had remained only twelve, we should not have to tremble for fear of betrayals!» says Judas of Kerioth lying shamelessly.

It is impossible to describe the glance Christ casts at the perfidious apostle. A glance of warning and infinite sorrow. But Judas pays no attention to it. He passes by the table to go out...

9 Jesus follows him with His eyes and when He sees him go out, He asks him: «Where are you going?»
«Out...» replies Judas evasively.
«Out of this room, or out of the house?»
«Out... So... For a little walk.»
«Do not go, Judas. Stay with Me, with us...»
«Your brothers have gone away with John and Andrew. Why must I not go?»
«You are not going to have a rest as they did...»
Judas does not reply, but he goes out obstinately. Not a word is uttered in the hall.
Lazarus and his sisters and the four apostles who have stayed: Peter, Simon, Matthew and Bartholomew, look at one another.

Jesus looks outside. He has got up and has gone to a window to follow Judas' movements and when He sees him go out of the house wearing his mantle and set out towards the gate, which cannot be seen from here, He calls him in a loud voice: «Judas! Wait for Me. I have something to tell you» and He gently frees Himself from Lazarus who, realising that the Master was grieved, had passed his arm round His waist embracing Him, and He leaves the hall, joining Judas, who had continued walking although more slowly. He reaches him at about one third of the distance between the house and the garden wall, near a thicket of plants with thick leaves that look like green baked clay sprayed with clusters of little flowers, and each flower is a small cross with heavy petals as if they were made of light yellow wax, with a strong scent. I do not know their name. He draws him behind the thicket and holding his forearm tight with His hand, He asks him again: «Where are you going, Judas? Please, stay here!»

«Since you know everything, why do You ask me? What need is there for You to ask, since You can read the hearts of men? You know that I am going to my friends. You do not allow me to go there. They press me to go. I am going.»

«Your friends! You should say your ruin! That is where you are going. You are going to your true murderers. Don't go Judas! Don't go! You are going to commit a crime... You...»

«Ah! You are afraid?! Are You afraid at last?! You realise at last that you are a man! You are a man! Nothing more than a man! Because man only is afraid of death. God knows that He cannot die. If You felt that You were God, You would know that You could not die and You would not be afraid. Because now that You feel death close at hand, You are afraid like all men and You are trying with every possible means to avert it and You see danger everywhere and in everything. Where is Your lovely boldness? Where are Your confident protestations that You were happy and thirsting for accomplishing the Sacrifice? There is not even an echo of them left in Your heart! You thought that this hour would never come, so You feigned power, generosity and You spoke solemn sentences. Go away! You are as bad as those whom You reproach as being hypocrites! You have enticed us and betrayed us. And we had left everything for Your sake! And because of You we are hated! You have brought about our ruin...»

«That is enough. Go! Go away! Not many hours have gone by since you said to Me: “Help me to stay. Defend me!” I have done that. To what avail? Tell Me one thing more, and think about it before telling Me. Is this your sincere will? To go to your friends, to prefer them to Me?»

«Yes. It is. I do not have to think about it, because for a long time I have wanted nothing but that.»
«Then go. God does not do violence to man's will.» and Jesus turns His back on him and goes slowly back to the house.

10 When He is close to it He raises His head, attracted by the eyes of Lazarus, who standing where he was before, is looking fixedly at Him. It is a very pale face that endeavours to smile at the faithful friend.

He goes back into the hall where the four apostles are speaking to Maximinus, while Martha and Mary are directing the work of the servants, who are tidying up the hall removing the dishes and table-linen used at the banquet.

Lazarus has gone to the door and once again he has embraced Jesus' waist with his arm, and passing near a servant he says to him: «Bring me the roll that is on the table in my work-room.»

He takes Jesus to one of the wide seats placed in the cavities of the windows, so that He may sit down. But Jesus remains standing, striving to pay attention to what Lazarus is saying to Him... but it is evident that His mind is elsewhere and His heart is grieved, although when He realises that the apostles are watching Him, He smiles to dispel the suspicions of those who have approached Him surrounding Him and are whispering to one another, winking and pointing at the Master.

The servant comes back with the roll and Peter, seeing that the parchments contain things that are higher than what his head can understand, withdraws saying: «Fish do not bite certain baits. It is better to speak to Maximinus of plants and cultivations.»
Martha continues with her work.

11 Maria, although silent, takes part in the conversation of Lazarus, who points out certain passages of the parchments to the Master, saying: «Has this heathen not got a rare foresight? More than many of us. Perhaps... if he had been here, while You are our Master, he would have been one of Your disciples, and one of the best. And he would have understood You as many of us have not been able to understand You. And what a poem would have been inspired to his genius by his admiration for You! Your words gathered and preserved by a spirit that is bright although it belongs to a heathen! Your life described by this open and limpid intellect! We no longer have writers and poets. You were born late. When the selfishness of life and religious-social corruption have extinguished poetry and genius among us. What our wise men and prophets have written about You, without knowing You, has not found an echo in the living voice of one of Your followers. Your favourites, Your faithful followers are mostly people without education. And the others... No. We no longer have any Qohelet to hand down to the crowds Your wisdom and Your figure.

We no longer have them because the spirit and will are lacking more than the ability to do so. The humanly more chosen part of Israel is as deaf as a broken trumpet, and it can no longer sing the glories and wonders of God. My worry is that everything may be lost or adulterated, partly through inability, partly through ill-will...»

«That will not happen. When the Spirit of the Lord is settled in hearts, it will repeat My words and explain their meaning. It is the Spirit of God Who speaks through the lips of the Christ. Then... Then It will speak to the spirits directly and will recall My words.»

«Oh! I wish that would happen soon! Soon, because they listen so little to Your words and understand them even less. I think that the roaring of the Spirit of God will be as violent as blazing fire to engrave with violence in the minds of men what they would not accept because it was kind and mild. I think that the flaming Spirit will burn the tepid or torpid consciences with Its fire, writing Your words on them. The world will have to love You! It is the will of the Most High! But when will it happen?»

«When I shall be consumed in the Sacrifice of love. Then Love will come. It will be like the beautiful flame rising from the sacrificed Victim. And that flame will never go out, because the Sacrifice will never end. Once it is accomplished, it will last throughout the time of the Earth.»

«But then... You would really have to be sacrificed so that that may happen?»
«It is so.» Jesus makes His usual gesture of adherence to His own destiny. He stretches out His arms with His hands pointed outwards and lowers His head. He then raises it to smile at distressed Lazarus and says: «But the immaterial voice of the Spirit of love will not be so violent as a roar, but it will be as sweet as love, which is as mild as a Nisan breeze and yet is as strong as death. The ineffable ministry of Love! The complement, the completion of My ministry. The perfection of My ministry as Master... I am not afraid, as you are, that anything of what I have given may be lost. On the contrary, I solemnly tell you that beams of light will be cast on My words and you will see their spirit. I am going away serenely because I am entrusting My doctrine to the Holy Spirit and My spirit to My Father.»

He lowers His head pensively, then, after laying the roll, which gave rise to the conversation, on a kind of tall dresser or chest of ebony, or other dark wood, all inlaid with yellowish ivory, that has been brought by four servants from the next room, and in which Martha is arranging the more valuable tableware, He says: «Lazarus, come outside. I want to speak to you!»

«At once, Lord» and Lazarus gets up from the seat on which he was sitting and follows Jesus into the garden, where it is beginning to get dark, as the last daylight is fading away in the sky, and the early moonlight, which is just beginning to appear, is still too faint.

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
587. From Bethany to Jerusalem. 3rd March 1945.

1 Jesus is walking through orchards and olive-groves all in blossom. Even the silvery leaves of the olive-trees look like flowers, pearled as they are with dew, which shimmers in the first light of dawn as the leaves quiver in a gentle scented breeze. Each leafy branch seems the work of a goldsmith and one looks at them admiring their beauty. The almond-trees, which are all already covered with their green foliage, stand out from the white-rosy masses of the other fruit-trees, and under them the vines show their first tender indented leaves, so shiny and silky that they look like very thin scales of emerald or bits of precious silk. High above, the sky is like deep turquoise, clear, placid, solemn.

Songs of birds and scents of flowers everywhere. The fresh air restores and makes people happy. The delight of April is really smiling everywhere.

Jesus is in the middle of His twelve apostles. And He speaks.

«I sent the women ahead because I want to speak to you alone. During the first days that I was with you I said to you, to those who were with Me: “Do not upset My Mother informing Her of the evil deeds against Her Son.” Those deeds seemed so grave... Now, you three witnesses of those deeds that were the beginning of the chain by which the Son of man was to be lead to death – you, John, you, Simon, and you, Judas of Kerioth – can clearly see that they were comparable with a grain of sand that falls from above, in comparison with the boulder, the boulders, as such are the present deeds. But then, you, My Mother and I were unprepared for human wickedness.

In Good as in Evil man does not become supreme all of a sudden. But he rises or sinks by degrees. The same happens in sorrow. Now, you who are good, have risen in Good and you can realise, without being scandalised as you would have been then, to what point of perversion man can lower himself, when he becomes a demon, just as My Mother and I can bear all the grief coming from man, without dying because of it. We have strengthened our souls. All of us. In Good, in Evil or in Sorrow. And we have not yet reached the summit. We have not yet reached the summit... Oh! if you knew what and how high is the summit of Good, of Evil, of Sorrow! But I repeat to you the words that I spoke then.

Do not repeat to My Mother what the Son of man is about to tell you. She would be grieved too deeply. He who is about to be killed drinks the pitiful mixture that stuns him, enabling him to await the hour of torture, without having to tremble every moment. Your silence will be like the pitiful drink for Her, the Mother of the Redeemer!

2 Now I want to explain the meaning of the prophecies to you, so that nothing may still be obscure to you. And I ask you to be very, very close to Me. During the day I shall belong to everybody. I beg you to be with Me at night, because I want to be with you. I need to feel that I am not alone...»

Jesus is very sad. The apostles notice it and are worried. They gather round Him. Judas also presses against the Master, as if he were the most affectionate of the disciples.

Jesus caresses them and continues: «In this hour that is still granted to Me, I want to complete the knowledge of the Christ in you. At the beginning I made John, Simon and Judas acquainted with the truth of the prophecies concerning My birth. The prophecies have depicted Me better than the greatest painter could possibly do, from the dawn of My life to its end. Nay, that dawn and end are just the two periods most clearly elucidated by the prophets. Now the Christ Who descended from Heaven, the Just One Whom the clouds rained on the Earth, the sublime Shoot, is about to be killed. Crushed like a citron-tree struck by a thunderbolt. So let us speak of His death.

Do not sigh, do not shake your heads. Do not grumble in your hearts, do not curse men. It would serve no purpose.

3 We are going up to Jerusalem. Passover is now close at hand. “This month will be for you the first month of the year”. This month will be for the world the beginning of a new era. It will never end. In vain now and again man will try to fix new ones. Those who want to establish a new era bearing their idolatrous names, will be struck by lightning. There is but one God in Heaven and one Messiah on the Earth: the Son of God, Jesus of Nazareth. As He gives His whole Self, He can desire everything, and He puts His royal seal not on what is flesh and filth, but on what is time and spirit.

“On the tenth day of this month each man must take a lamb, one for each family, one for each household. And if the number of people in the household is not sufficient to consume the whole lamb, a man must join his neighbour's family, so that they may be able to consume the whole lamb”. Because the sacrifice and the victim must be complete and consumed. Not even a tiny bit of it must be left over. None will be left. Too many are those who are about to feed on the lamb. A countless number, for a banquet with no time- limit, and no more fire is required to consume the remains, because there are no remains. Those parts that are offered and rejected by hatred will be consumed by the very fire of the Victim, by His love.

4 I love you, men. You, My twelve friends, whom I chose personally, you in whom are the twelve tribes of Israel and the thirteen veins of Mankind. I have gathered everything in you and I see everything gathered in you... Everything.»

«But in the veins of Adam's body there is also the vein of Cain. None of us has lifted his hand against his companion. So where is Abel?» asks the Iscariot.

«What you said is true. In the veins of Adam's body there is also the vein of Cain. And I am the Abel, the meek Abel, the shepherd of flocks, pleasant to the Lord because he offered his early fruits and what was faultless, and himself before all his offerings. I love you, men. Even if you do not love Me, I love you. Love hastens and completes the work of the sacrificers.

Lamb of God. He is. The same on the last day as He was on the first day of this Earth.

He Who is like His Father does not know ageing in His divine nature. And His person knows only one old age and only one tiredness: the disappointment of having come in vain for too many. When you learn how I was killed – and the eyes that will see their Lord changed into a leper covered with sores are now shining with tears beside Me, and they can no longer see this pleasant hill because tears blind them with their liquid veil – you may say: “He did not die of that. He died because He had been unknown to His dearest ones and He had been rejected by too many men”. But if the Son of God has no time-limit, and thus differs from the lamb of the rite, He is equal to it because He is without blemish and a male sacred to the Lord. Yes. In vain the executioners, those who will kill Me with weapons, or with their will or their betrayal, will endeavour to excuse themselves saying: “He was guilty”. No one who is sincere can accuse Me of sin. Can you do so?

We are facing death. I am. Others also are. Who? Do you want to know who, Peter?

Everybody. Death advances hour by hour and snatches those who less expect it. But also those who still have a long life to live, are in front of death every moment, because time is a flash compared with eternity, and because at the hour of death even the longest life is reduced to nothing, and actions dozens and dozens of years old, even those of one's early childhood, come back in crowds saying: “Well, you were doing this yesterday.” Yesterday! It is always yesterday when one is dying!

And honours and gold for which men long so much are always dust! And the fruit after which one was mad loses all flavour! Women Money? Power? Science? What is left? Nothing! Only one's conscience and the judgement of God, before Whom goes the conscience, poor and stripped of human protection and wealth, and laden only with its actions.

6 “Some of the blood must be taken and put on the doorposts and lintel, and the Angel passing over will not strike the houses marked with the blood”. Take My blood. Do not put it on dead stones, but on dead hearts. It is the new circumcision. And I circumcise Myself on behalf of the whole world. I do not sacrifice the useless part, but I break off My magnificent, wholesome, pure virility, I sacrifice it completely, and I take My blood from My mutilated limbs and from the opened veins and I draw rings of salvation on Mankind, rings of eternal nuptials with God Who is in Heaven, with the Father Who is waiting, and I say: “See. Now You can no longer reject them, because You would reject Your blood”.

“And Moses said: ‘...and then dip a spray of hyssop in the blood and sprinkle the doorposts’ ”. So is the blood not sufficient? It is not. Your repentance is to be joined to My blood. Without bitter beneficial repentance, I shall have died for you in vain.

7 That is the first word in the Book about the Redeeming Lamb. But the Book is strewn with it. As at each new sunrise the blossoms become thicker and thicker on these branches, so, as a new year follows an old one and the time of Redemption draws near, then blossoming becomes more and more luxuriant.

And now with Zechariah I say to you, to you in Jerusalem: “Here is the King Who comes full of meekness riding on a donkey and colt. He is poor.” But He will disperse the mighty ones who oppress men. He is meek, and yet His arm raised to bless will defeat the demon and death. “He will announce peace, because He is the King of peace.” Although crucified, He will stretch His domination from sea to sea. “He Who does not shout, Who does not break, Who does not put out those who are not light but smoke, those who are not strength but weakness, those who deserve all reproach, He will do justice according to truth.” Your Messiah, o city of Zion, your Messiah, o people of the Lord, your Messiah, o people of the Earth.

“Without being sad or turbulent”, and you can see how there is not in Me the resentful sadness of the defeated, or the rancorous sorrow of the perverted, but only the seriousness of one who sees to what extent the possession of Satan in men can go, and you see how for three years I have incessantly stretched out My hands inviting everybody to love, and My hands will be stretched out again and they will be wounded, although I could reduce My enemies to ashes and disperse them with a simple act of My will!

“Without being sad or turbulent I will be successful in establishing My Kingdom.” That Kingdom of Christ in which is the salvation of the world.

The Eternal Lord My Father says to Me: “I have called You, I have taken You by the hand, I have appointed You alliance between peoples and God, I have made You the light of the nations.” And I have been light. Light to open the eyes of the blind, word to give speech to the deaf, key to open the underground prisons of those who were in the darkness of error.

And now, I Who am all that, am going to My death. I will enter the darkness of death. Death, do you understand?... The first things announced, are now being fulfilled, I also say with the prophet. I will tell you the rest before the Demon separates us.

8 There is Zion over there. Go and get the donkey and the colt. Say to the man: “Rabbi Jesus needs them.” And tell My Mother that I am about to arrive. She is up there, on that slope, with the Maries. She is waiting for Me. It is My human triumph... Let it be Her triumph. Always joined together. Oh! joined!...

And who is the heart of a hyena that with his claw tears the heart of a mother's heart: Me, Her Son? A man? No. Every man is born of a woman. And by instinct and moral consideration he cannot be pitiless towards a mother, because he thinks of “his own”.

So it is not a man. Who, then? A demon. But can a demon offend the Vic-tress? He must touch Her to offend Her. And Satan cannot bear the virginal light of the Rose of God. So? Whom do you say it is? Are you not speaking? Then I will tell you. The most cunning demon has blended with the most corrupt man, and like the poison enclosed in the teeth of an asp, the demon is closed in him who can approach the Woman and thus bite Her treacherously. Cursed be the hybrid monster that is Satan and is man! Shall I curse it? No. It is not the word of a Redeemer. Then I say to the soul of this hybrid monster what I said to Jerusalem, the monstrous city of God and of Satan: “Oh, if in this hour still granted to you, you could come to the Saviour!”

There is no love greater than Mine! Neither is there a greater power. Also My Father agrees if I say: “I want”, and I can speak but compassionate words for those who have fallen and stretch their arms towards Me from their abyss. O soul of the greatest sinner, your Saviour on the threshold of death bends over your abyss and invites you to take His hand. My death will not be avoided... But you... but you... would be saved, you whom I still love, and the soul of your Friend would not be horrified at the thought that He is aware of the horror of death and of such death through the deed of his friend...»

Jesus is silent... exhausted...

The apostles whisper to one another and they ask: «But who is He speaking of? Who is it?»

And Judas, lying shamelessly, says: «It is certainly one of the false Pharisees... I think it must be Joseph or Nicodemus, or Chuza and Manaen... Every man is anxious to save his life and his property... I know that Herod... And I know that the Sanhedrin. He trusted them too much! You know that even yesterday they were not present?! They haven’t the courage to face Him…»

Jesus does not hear him. He has gone ahead and has joined His Mother, Who is with the Maries and with Martha and Susanna. Only Johanna of Chuza is absent from the group of the pious women.

588. Jesus Enters into Jerusalem. 30th March 1947 (Palm Sunday).
1 Jesus says: «You will put here the vision: “From Bethany to Jerusalem” (dated 3rd
March 1945). And now: look!»
--------------------
2 Jesus embraces with His arm the shoulders of His Mother, Who has stood up when John and James of Alphaeus have reached Her to say to Her: «Your Son is coming», and then they have come back to join their companions who are proceeding slowly, talking, while Thomas and Andrew have rushed towards Bethphage to look for the donkey and the colt and take them to Jesus.

In the meantime Jesus is speaking to the women. «Here we are near the city. I advise you to go. And go without being afraid. Enter the town before I do. All the shepherds and the most faithful disciples are near En Rogel. They have been told to escort and protect you.»

«The fact is that… We have spoken to Aser of Nazareth and Abel of Bethlehem in Galilee and also to Solomon. They had come as far as here to watch for Your arrival. The crowd is preparing a great celebration. And we wanted to see… See how the tops of the olive trees are shaken? It is not the wind that is shaking them thus. But it is the people who are gathering branches to spread them on the road and to protect You from the sun. And over there?! Look over there, they are stripping the palm-trees of their fanshaped leaves.

They look like clusters and they are men who have climbed up the trunks to gather more and more… And, on the slopes, You can see children bending to pick flowers. And the women certainly strip gardens of corollas and scented herbs to strew Your way with flowers. We wanted to see… and imitate the gesture of Mary of Lazarus, who picked up all the flowers pressed by Your feet when You went into Lazarus' gardens» says imploringly Mary of Clopas on behalf of them all.

Jesus caresses the cheek of His old relative, who looks like a little girl anxious to see a show, and He says to her: «You would not be able to see anything among the large crowd. Go on, to Lazarus' house, the one whose keeper is Matthias. I shall be passing there and you will see Me from on high.»

«Son… and are You going all alone? Can I not be near You?»
asks Mary, raising Her very sad face and staring with Her sky-blue eyes at Her meek Son.
«I would beg You to remain hidden. Like a dove in the cleft of a rock. Rather than Your presence, My beloved Mother, I need Your prayer!»
«If so, Son, we will all pray for You.»
«Yes. And after you have seen Him pass by, you will come with me to my mansion in Zion. And I will send servants to the Temple, with instructions to follow the Master all the time, so that they may bring us His orders and His news», says Mary of Lazarus resolutely, always quick in realising what is the best thing to do and to do it without delay.

«You are right, sister. Although it grieves me not to follow Him, I understand that it is a just order. In any case Lazarus told us not to contradict the Master in anything, and to obey Him even in the least matters. And we will do that.»

«Go, then. See? The roads are getting busy. The apostles are about to join Me. Go. Peace be with you. I will make you come when I think it is a suitable moment. Goodbye, Mother. Peace to you. God is with us.» He kisses Her and dismisses Her. And the obedient women disciples go away quickly.

3 The ten apostles join Jesus. «Have You sent them ahead?»
«Yes, I have. They will see My entry from a house.»
«From which house?» asks Judas of Kerioth.
«Eh! the friendly houses are so many now!» says Philip.
«Not from Annaleah's?» says the Iscariot insisting.
Jesus replies in the negative and He sets out towards Bethphage, which is not far.

He is near the village when the two apostles, who had been sent to get the donkey and the colt, come back. They shout: «We found what You told us and we would have brought the animals. But the owner wanted to curry them and adorn them with the best trappings to honour You. And the disciples, with those who have spent the night in the streets of Bethany to honour You, wish to have the honour of bringing them to You, and we agreed. We thought that their love deserved a reward.»

«You did the right thing. Let us go on in the meantime.»
«Are there many disciples?» asks Bartholomew.
«Oh! a great crowd. It is impossible to pass along the streets in Bethphage. That is why I told Isaac to take the donkey to Cleanthes, the cheese-monger» replies Thomas.
«You acted rightly. Let us go as far as that rising of the hill, and we shall wait a little in the shade of those trees.»
They go to the place pointed out by Jesus.
«But we are going farther away! You are going beyond Bethphage passing round the back!» exclaims the Iscariot.

«And if I want to do so, who can forbid Me? Am I perhaps already a prisoner and not allowed to go where I want? Or is it urgent that I should be so, and is anybody afraid that I may avoid being captured? And if I should decide to go away along safer routes, is there anybody who could prevent Me from doing so?» Jesus darts a glance at the Traitor, who dare no longer open his mouth and shrugs his shoulders, as if to say: «Do as You like.»

They go, in fact, round the back of the little village, I should say a suburb of the town, as its western side is really not far from the town, being part of the slopes of the Mount of Olives, which surrounds the eastern side of Jerusalem. Farther down, between the slopes and the town, the Kidron is shining in the April sunshine.

Jesus sits down in the green silent place and concentrates on His thoughts. He then stands up and goes towards the rising, stopping just at its edge.
--------------------
4 Jesus says: «You will put here the vision of 31st July 1944: “Jesus weeps over Jerusalem”, from the sentence that I gave you as the beginning of the vision.» He then resumes showing me the phases of His triumphal entry.
--------------------
30th July 1944.
5 I do not know how I shall manage to write because I am suffering so much from heart trouble that I can hardly sit up. But it cannot be helped. I must write what I see. The Gospel of today, the ninth Sunday after Pentecost, is illustrated to me.

From a hill near Jerusalem Jesus looks at the town stretched at His feet. It is not a very high hill. At most it is like the large square of S. Miniato on the mountain, at Florence; but it is sufficient for the eye to dominate the extent of houses and streets, that go up and down the small ground elevations forming Jerusalem. If one refers to the lowest level of the town, this hill is certainly much higher than Calvary, but it is closer to the walls than the latter. It really begins just outside the walls and rises steeply on their side, whereas on the other side it descends gently towards a very green country that stretches eastwards. At least I think it is eastwards, if I am judging rightly according to sunlight.

Jesus and His apostles are sitting under a group of trees, in the shade. They are resting after a long walk. Then Jesus stands up, He leaves the clearing where they were sitting and He goes towards the hillock and stops just at its edge. His tall person stands out clearly in the empty space around Him. He looks even taller as He stands upright, all alone. His arms are folded across His chest, on His blue mantle, and He looks around very seriously.

The apostles watch Him. But they leave Him alone, they neither move nor speak. They must think that He has moved aside to pray. But Jesus is not praying. After looking for a long time at the town, at each district, at each hillock, at each detail, at times letting His eyes dwell upon this or that point, at times watching less insistently, Jesus begins to weep without sobbing or making any noise. Tears fill His eyes, then gush forth and stream down His cheeks and fall… Silent very sad tears. The tears of a man who knows that he must weep, all alone, without hoping to be consoled or understood by anybody. Tears brought about by grief that cannot be cancelled and must be suffered absolutely.

6 Because of his position John's brother is the first to notice those tears and he tells the others, who look at one another and are seized with astonishment.

«None of us has done anything wrong» says one, and another: «The crowds did not insult us either. Among them nobody was hostile to Him». «Why is He weeping, then?» asks the oldest of them all.

Peter and John stand up together and they approach the Master. They think that the only thing to be done is to make Him feel that they love Him and ask Him what the matter is with Him. «Master, are You weeping?» asks John laying his fair-haired head on the shoulder of Jesus, Who is taller than he is by a neck and a head. And Peter, laying his hand round Jesus' waist, almost embracing Him to draw Him to himself, says to Him:

«What is grieving You, Jesus? Tell us who love You.» Jesus rests His cheek on John's fair-haired head and opening out His arms, He passes His arm round Peter's shoulder. The three of them are thus embraced to one another in such a loving posture. But tears continue to drop.

John feels them run down through his hair and he asks once again: «Why are You weeping, Master? Are we perhaps the cause of Your sorrow?»

The other apostles have gathered round the loving group and are anxiously awaiting a reply.

7 «No» says Jesus. «Your are not. You are My friends and friendship, when it is sincere, is a balm and a smile, never tears. I would like you to remain My friends forever. Even now that we shall enter into the corruption, that ferments and contaminates those who are not resolutely willing to remain honest.»

«Where are we going, Master? Are we not going to Jerusalem? The crowds have already greeted You joyfully. Do You want to disappoint them? Are we going to Samaria to work some miracle? Just now that Passover is close at hand?» The questions are asked by several of the apostles at the same time.

Jesus raises His hands imposing silence and then with His right one He points to the town. A wide gesture like that of a man sowing seeds ahead of himself. And He says:

«That is the Corruption. We are going into Jerusalem. We are going there. And only the Most High knows how I would like to sanctify the town taking there the Holiness that comes from Heaven. I would like to resanctify it, as it should be the Holy City. But I shall not be able to do anything for it. It is corrupt, and will remain corrupt. And the streams of holiness that gush from the living Temple, and will gush even more in the next few days to the extent of leaving it lifeless, will not be sufficient to redeem it.

Samaria and the heathen world will come to the Holy One. The temples of the true God will be erected on the false temples. The hearts of the Gentiles will worship the Christ.

But this people, this town will always be hostile to Him, and their hatred will lead them to the greatest sin. 8 That must happen. But woe to those who will be the instruments of that crime. Woe!…»
Jesus stares at Judas, who is almost in front of Him.

«That will never happen to us. We are Your apostles and we believe in You, and we are ready to die for You.» Judas lies shamelessly and meets Jesus' eye without embarrassment. The others join in protesting.

Jesus replies to all of them, avoiding to reply to Judas directly.
«Would to Heaven that you may be so. But you are still very weak, and temptation may make you like those who hate Me. Pray fervently and watch diligently over yourselves. Satan is aware that he is about to be defeated and he wants to avenge himself by tearing you away from Me. Satan is around us all. He is around Me to prevent Me from doing the will of My Father and from fulfilling My mission. And he is around you to make you his servants. Be vigilant. Within those walls Satan will take those who are not strong. He will take him whose curse will be the fact that he was elected, because he made use of his election for a human purpose. I chose you for the Kingdom of Heaven, not for that of the world. Bear that in mind.

9 And you, o city, that want your ruin and over which I am shedding tears, be aware that your Christ is praying for your redemption. Oh! if at least in this hour still left to you, you came to Him Who would be your peace! If in this hour you understood the Love passing through you and you divested yourself of the hatred that makes you blind and insane, and cruel against yourself and your welfare! But the day will come when you will remember this hour! But it will be too late to weep and repent! The Love will have passed and disappeared from your streets, and the Hatred that you preferred will remain.

And Hatred will be on you and on your children. Because one has what one wanted, and hatred is paid with hatred. And then it will not be the hatred of the strong against the defenceless, but it will be hatred against hatred, thus war and death.

Surrounded by trenches and armed men, you will languish before being destroyed, and you will see your children killed by weapons and famine, and the survivors taken prisoners and derided, and you will ask for mercy, but will never find it, because you refused to acknowledge your Salvation. I am weeping, My friends, because I have the heart of a man, and the ruin of My fatherland makes Me shed tears. But it is just that this takes place because within those walls corruption exceeds all limits and draws the punishment of God.

Woe betide the citizens who bring about the ruin of their fatherland! Woe betide the leaders who are the main cause of it! Woe betide those who should be saints to guide the others to be honest and instead they desecrate the House of their ministry and themselves! Come. My action will be of no avail. But let us make the Light shine once again in the Darkness!»

And Jesus goes down followed by His apostles. He walks fast along the road with a serious countenance, I would say, almost looking sullen. He speaks no more. He goes into a little house at the foot of the hill, and I see nothing else."

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
[30th July 1944]
19 Jesus says:
«The scene described by Luke seems incoherent, almost illogical. I feel sorry for the misfortunes of a guilty town, but I do not feel sorry for the habits of that town. No. I am not able, I cannot feel sorry for them, because it is just those habits that bring about their misfortunes; and seeing them makes My sorrow deeper. My anger with the desecrators of the Temple is the logical consequence of My meditation on the forthcoming misfortunes of Jerusalem.

It is always the profanation of the cult of God, of the Law of God that provokes the punishments of Heaven. By turning the House of God into a robbers' den, those worthless priests and those worthless believers (only such by name) were drawing malediction and death on all the people. It is useless to give this or that name to the misfortunes that make a people suffer. Look for the right name in this: “Punishment for living like brutes.” God withdraws and Evil advances. That is the result of a national way of living undeserving to be named Christian.

As in the past, also now, in the short period of this century, I have not ceased shaking and warning people by means of prodigies. But as in the past, I did nothing but draw mockery, indifference and hatred upon Myself and My means. But individuals and nations ought to bear in mind that they weep in vain, when beforehand they did not want to acknowledge their salvation. In vain they invoke Me when, while I was with them, they drove Me away with a sacrilegious war that starting from individual consciences, devoted to Evil, spread throughout the Nation. Fatherlands are not so much saved with weapons as they are by means of a form of life that may attract protection from Heaven.

Rest, little John. And make sure you are always faithful to your election. Go in peace.»
How tired I am! I am really exhausted…
--------------------
[30th March 1947]
20 Jesus says:
«My patient secretary, put here the vision: “The evening of Palm Sunday” (4th March 1945), and may My peace be with you.»

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
589. The Evening of Palm Sunday. 4th March 1945.
1 Jesus is with His apostles in the peace of the Garden of the Mount of Olives. It is evening. A tepid evening with a full moon. They are sitting on the natural seats that are the terraces of the olive-grove, on the first ones, which face the glade situated at the beginning of Gethsemane. The Kidron is gurgling among its stones and seems to be talking to itself. One can hear only the song of an odd nightingale or feel the breath of the breeze. Nothing else.

Jesus is speaking.
«After the triumph of this morning your spirits are quite different. What shall I say? That your minds are relieved? Oh! yes! From a human point of view they are relieved. You entered the town trembling because of My words. Each of you seemed to fear that hired ruffians on the other side of the walls were ready to attack him and take him prisoner.

2 In every man there is another man who reveals himself in the most dangerous hours.

There is the hero, who in the hours of greater danger emerges from the meek type of man that the world had always known him to be and had considered unimportant, the hero who faces a struggle saying: “Here I am”, who says to the enemy, to an overbearing opponent: “Compete with me”. And there is the saint who, while the others run away, struck with terror before wild people looking for victims, says: “Take me as a hostage and for your sacrifice. I will pay on behalf of everybody.”

And there is the cynic who avails himself of the general misfortune and laughs over the bodies of the victims. There is the traitor, who has a courage of his own, that of evil. The traitor who is the amalgamation of the cynic with the coward, and that is also a category that
reveals itself in dangerous hours. Because they cynically take advantage of a misfortune and in a cowardly way they join the stronger party, daring to face the scorn of enemies and the curses of the forlorn, provided they make a profit. Lastly there is the most widespread type, the coward who in the dangerous hour can but repent of having made known that he belonged to a party and to a man, now struck with anathema, and runs away… Such a coward is not so criminal as the cynic or so revolting as the traitor. But he always shows the imperfection of his spiritual structure. You… are such. Do not say that you are not. I can read consciences.

3 This morning you were thinking among yourselves: “What will happen to us? Are we going to our death as well?” And your lower part was moaning: “When ever!…” Yes. But have I ever deceived you? With My first words I spoke to you of persecutions and death. And when one of you, through excess of admiration, wanted to see Me and introduce Me as a king, as one of the poor kings of the Earth, always a poor king even if the king and restorer of the kingdom of Israel, I immediately corrected the error and I said: “I am king of the spirit. I offer hardships, sacrifices, sorrows. I have nothing else. I have nothing else here on the Earth. But after My death and your death in My faith, I will give you an eternal Kingdom, the Kingdom of Heaven.”

Did I perhaps say something different to you? No. You say I did not.

And then you also said: “This is all we want: we want to be with You, and to be treated, to suffer like You, for You.” Yes. That is what you said. And you were sincere.

Because you were reasoning like children, like thoughtless children. You thought that it was easy for you to follow Me, and you were so full of the treble sensuality that you could not admit that what I was mentioning to you was true. You thought: “He is the Son of God. He is saying that to test our love. No man will be able to strike Him. Since He works miracles, He will be able to work a great one for Himself!” And each of you would add: “I cannot believe that He may be betrayed, captured, killed.”

Your human faith in My power was so strong that you went to the extent of not having faith in My words, the true, spiritual, holy and
sanctifying Faith.

“He Who works miracles will certainly work one in His own favour!” you were saying. I will work not one, but many more. And two of them will be such as no mind of man can possibly imagine. They will be such as only the believers in the Lord can acknowledge. All other people, to the end of time, will say: “Impossible!” And even after My death I shall be the object of contradiction for many.

4 On a mild spring morning from a mountain I announced the various beatitudes. There is still another one: “Blessed are those who can believe without seeing.” Going through Palestine I have already said: “Blessed are those who listen to the word of God and keep it”, and also: “Blessed are those who do the will of God” and I said many more, because in the house of My Father many are the joys awaiting saints. But there is also this one. Oh! Blessed are those who will believe without seeing with the eyes of their bodies! They will be so holy that, although on the Earth, they already see God, the God hidden in the Mystery of love.

But after being with Me for three years, you have not yet arrived at that faith. And you believe only what you see. So, as from this morning, after the triumph, you are saying: “It is just what we said. He is triumphing. And we with Him.” And, like birds that are fledging again after their feathers have been torn off by some cruel person, you are flying off, beside yourselves with joy, sure of yourselves, free from the constraints that My words had put in your hearts. Are you more relieved also in your spirits? No, your spirits are even less relieved. Because you are even less prepared for the impending hour. You have drunk the hosannas like a strong agreeable wine. And you are inebriated with it. Is an inebriated man ever strong? The little hand of a child is sufficient to make him stagger and fall. That is what you are like. And the sight of hired ruffians will be enough to make you run away like timid gazelles, which see the sharp muzzle of a jackal appear near the rock of a mountain and, as fast as the wind, they scatter through the solitude of the desert.

5 Oh! make sure you do not die of dreadful thirst in that burning arena, which is the world without God! My dear friends, do not say what Isaiah says referring to this false and dangerous state of your spirits. Do not say: “He speaks of nothing but conspiracies. But there is nothing to fear, nothing to be afraid of. We must not be afraid of what He prophesies to us. Israel loves Him. And we have seen that.” How often the delicate bare foot of a little boy treads on the grass of a flowery meadow, picking flowers to take them to his mother, and he thinks that he will find only stems and flowers, and instead he lays his heel on the head of a snake, and is bitten by it and dies! The flowers were concealing the snake. Also this morning… that happened also this morning! I am the Condemned man crowned with roses. Roses!… How long do roses last? What is left of them once their corollas shed their snow-white scented petals Thorns.

I – Isaiah said so – shall be for you, and with you I say that I shall be the sanctuary for the world, but also the stumbling-stone, the chief culprit, the snare and ruin for Israel and the Earth. I will sanctify those who have good will and I will overthrow and crush those who have an evil will. The angels do not speak false words or words that last a short time. They come from God, Who is Truth and is Eternal, and what they say is the truth and their words are immutable. They said: “Peace to men of good will”. Then, o Earth, Your Saviour was born. Now your Redeemer is going to His death. But to have peace from God, that is, sanctification and glory, it is necessary to have “good will”.

Useless is My birth, useless My death for those who do not have that good will. My crying and My deathrattle,

My first step and the last one, the wound of My circumcision and that of My consummation, will have been of no avail if in you, if in men, there is not the good will to redeem and sanctify yourselves. And I say to you: A very large number of people will stumble against Me, whilst I am placed as a supporting pillar, and not as a snare for man, and they will fall because, being inebriated with pride, lust and avarice, they will be entrapped in the net of their own sins, caught and handed over to Satan. Keep these words in your hearts and seal them for future disciples.

6 Let us go. The Stone is rising. Another step forward. Upon the mountain. It must shine on the summit because He is the Sun, the Light, the East. And the Sun shines on summits. It must be on the mountain, because the true Temple is to be seen from all over the world. And I am building it by Myself with the living Stone of My sacrificed Body. I will cement its parts with the lime made with sweat and blood. And I shall be on My throne clothed in bright purple, wearing a new crown, and those who are far away will come to Me, they will work in My Temple, around it. I am the base and the summit. But all around, the abode will expand wider and wider. And I will shape My stones and form My handicraftsman Myself, As I was worked on with a chisel by My Father, by Love, by man and by Hatred, so I will work on them. After the wickedness of the Earth has been removed in only one day, the seven eyes will come to the stone of the eternal Priest to see God, and the seven fountains will flow to defeat Satan's fire. Satan… Judas, let us go. And remember that time is running short and the Lamb is to be handed over by Thursday evening.»