Author Topic: Organic burial pods and sacred forests  (Read 152 times)

Offline Probius

• Objectivist
  • Feldwebel
  • Do not let the hero in your soul perish.
  • Religion: Buddhism
Organic burial pods and sacred forests
« on: January 10, 2020, 10:01:36 PM »
I read a rather unusual article today and I was curious as to what the traditional Catholic view of this idea might be. The idea in the article is that traditional cemeteries will be replaced with sacred or memorial forests. The article uses both words. When a person dies, they are put into an organic pod in a fetal position and the pod is buried in the ground. The seed of a tree is planted above the organic pod and the person's remains feed the tree. In a way, the person becomes the tree, which becomes a memorial for family and friends. It certainly represents a different conception of death. What do y'all think?

https://theheartysoul.com/organic-coffins/?fbclid=IwAR0OdC8sgxTpxr_2tvYT9KMDl7tgdZxGkDNn59yDcKEMyVq6OoafBr577O8
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” - The Buddha

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.” - Carl Jung

Offline Philip G.

• Wachtmeister
  • Ordinary Cult
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Organic burial pods and sacred forests
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 01:27:50 AM »
I did not read the link, but the problem that I see with it is that it will promote the idea that you can or will communicate with that soul through the tree that was planted above it.  And, that is a lie.  It may very well be good to bury people in forests in a simple fashion.  We don't have a tradition of that in the west.  But, to plant a tree over them lends the practice to reincarnation and other false religious traditions that would likely deem it unacceptable in my opinion.   
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:29:54 AM by Philip G. »
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Offline Santantonio

• Vizekorporal
Re: Organic burial pods and sacred forests
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 05:14:42 PM »
They are selling the ridiculous notion that the body somehow becomes the tree.
Obviously, it is pagan in concept.