Author Topic: Second Book is Out  (Read 9076 times)

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
Re: Second Book is Out
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »
Use the weights to do goblet squats and stiff legged deadlifts. Glad to hear you got some good stuff going on.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2020, 08:22:48 AM »
I have just read pages 73 through 80.

Any ladies out there, who have access to the book, who would agree that what he's saying in this section is fair and accurate? Because I'm no woman, but it all seems very counterintuitive.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 08:36:39 AM by Daniel »

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2020, 08:58:08 AM »
We ladies aren't allowed to read the book   ;D. Give those of us who've not read it a summary, if James doesn't mind

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline Heinrich

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2020, 09:38:02 AM »

Any ladies out there, who have access to the book, who would agree that what he's saying in this section is fair and accurate? Because I'm no woman, but it all seems very counterintuitive.

Daniel: Hey, everyone. Please help. I am not sure how life is and what to do or how to proceed with finding my way.
Everyone at SD: OK, here, by our experiences as grown people and traditional Catholics for many years, understand this and proceed this way a,b, .......,z.
Everyone else on SD: Yeah, that's good stuff. Listen to Mr. Everyone #1 Daniel. I concur.
Mrs. Elegant Every Ma'am on SD: Daniel, be a leader and masculine .  .  .    .
Daniel: Well, I just don't think any of it is right. I am not so sure it makes sense to me.

"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: Graham, TheReturnofLive, Kent

Offline TheReturnofLive

• The Gentile
  • Wachtmeister
  • An Excommunicant
  • Religion: Doubting Roman Catholic
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2020, 09:47:15 AM »

"Counterintuitive" on what basis? Based on your own success and experience? Based on what mass media has told you your entire life?

Most of the people running, or directly involved, with the media tend to be narcissists with serious issues, believing they are some kind of "deserving genius" who are able to social engineer biology and transcend what it means to be human. You see this with Transgenderism, "toxic masculinity", and the transhumanist garbage that's perpetuated.

You are a smart kid, having studied game design and philosophy. Use that critical thinking ability to think hard on men who have had successful relationships and men who have not; what men naturally attract a lot of women and what types of men do not; why it is that women are naturally repelled by some red flags in men but can be oblivious to other red flags in men, etc.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:51:50 AM by TheReturnofLive »

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2020, 10:01:05 AM »
We ladies aren't allowed to read the book   ;D. Give those of us who've not read it a summary, if James doesn't mind

Well perhaps James could elaborate, but what he basically says is that woman's psychology is fundamentally different than man's psychology. He says that women love to worry about stuff and that worrying is what gives them happiness. He goes on to say that women operate on an emotional level, and that women desire passion even if the particular passion is (paradoxically) an undesirable passion such as sorrow or anger. He also says that women are never straight up with men, but that if they want men to know something then they beat around the bush and "hint" at stuff. So man's job is more or less to manipulate women's emotions (women love it when men do that) and to extract the information from the "hints". (He isn't clear whether this is all by God's design or if it's a result of the fall, but his overall point seems to be that men and women have fundamentally-different psychological makeups.)

This is all completely the opposite of what I'd expect. I would think that men and women both have fundamentally the same psychological structure. Women are at times emotional; men are at times emotional. The whole point--whether you're a man or a woman--is to keep your emotions under control. Nobody enjoys worrying about stuff. And nobody enjoys being upset. And as for "hinting", you just shouldn't do it. This has nothing to do with being a man or a woman, it's just common sense: if you want people to understand you, be clear and direct about it. Don't go beating around the bush, and certainly don't get angry at someone for not understanding you when it's your own fault that he doesn't understand you. I'm not denying the real distinction between man and woman, but I'm pretty sure that it's not a matter of psychological makeup. To say that women are essentially emotional seems to be to degrade them to the level of beasts. It also seems to create a double moral standard: if women should be passionate, then why is it a sin for women to commit gluttony and stuff? You'd think it would not be a sin, or, that it would at least be a lesser sin than if a man did it.

Daniel: Hey, everyone. Please help. I am not sure how life is and what to do or how to proceed with finding my way.
Everyone at SD: OK, here, by our experiences as grown people and traditional Catholics for many years, understand this and proceed this way a,b, .......,z.
Everyone else on SD: Yeah, that's good stuff. Listen to Mr. Everyone #1 Daniel. I concur.
Mrs. Elegant Every Ma'am on SD: Daniel, be a leader and masculine .  .  .    .
Daniel: Well, I just don't think any of it is right. I am not so sure it makes sense to me.

Haha, that's actually kind of amusing :D

But you do understand that "universal judgements" can be (and oftentimes are) faulty? I take other peoples' experiences into consideration, but I don't blindly take any of it as "known to be true". Especially when whatever is being asserted is contrary to my own experiences. So this is basically the attitude I have: listen to advice but be skeptical and always take it with a grain of salt. As for "be a leader and masculine", seems like pretty solid advice if you ask me.

"Counterintuitive" on what basis? Based on your own success and experience? Based on what mass media has told you your entire life?

Most of the people running, or directly involved, with the media tend to be narcissists with serious issues, believing they are some kind of "deserving genius" who are able to social engineer biology and transcend what it means to be human. You see this with Transgenderism, "toxic masculinity", and the transhumanist garbage that's perpetuated.

You are a smart kid, having studied game design and philosophy. Use that critical thinking ability to think hard on men who have had successful relationships and men who have not; what men naturally attract a lot of women and what types of men do not; etc.

When I said "doesn't seem", I meant it doesn't seem that way from my own experiences and from my own understanding of the Christian anthropology.

I'm with you concerning the media and pop culture. I don't deliberately take much stock in any of it. But a lot of it is brainwashing, and, unfortunately, has most likely had some level of influence on pretty much all of us.

With regard to the particular issue I was raising--about women--what I meant is that I haven't experienced this in my own interactions and friendships with women. Women seem pretty rational and pretty human if you ask me, and they've been pretty direct and open whenever they've conversed with or confided in me. Even traditional Catholic women. And I'd bet if they knew I was trying to manipulate their emotions, they would not be down with it. I think this is in line with Christian teaching, not just indoctrination by the feminists.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:13:00 AM by Daniel »

The following users thanked this post: Lydia Purpuraria, Blue Violet

Offline TheReturnofLive

• The Gentile
  • Wachtmeister
  • An Excommunicant
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2020, 10:21:36 AM »
Well perhaps James could elaborate, but what he basically says is that woman's psychology is fundamentally different than man's psychology. He says that women love to worry about stuff and that worrying is what gives them happiness. He goes on to say that women operate on an emotional level, and that women desire passion even if the particular passion is (paradoxically) an undesirable passion such as sorrow or anger. He also says that women are never straight up with men, but that if they want men to know something then they beat around the bush and "hint" at stuff. So man's job is more or less to manipulate women's emotions (women love it when men do that) and to extract the information from the "hints". (He isn't clear whether this is all by God's design or if it's a result of the fall, but his point is that men and women are fundamentally different psychologically.)

This is all completely the opposite of what I'd expect. I would think that men and women both have fundamentally the same psychological structure. Women are at times emotional; men are at times emotional. The whole point--whether you're a man or a woman--is to keep your emotions under control. Nobody enjoys worrying about stuff. And nobody enjoys being upset. And as for "hinting", you just shouldn't do it. This has nothing to do with being a man or a woman, it's just common sense: if you want people to understand you, be clear and direct about it. Don't go beating around the bush, and certainly don't get angry at someone for not understanding you when it's your own fault that he doesn't understand you. I'm not denying the real distinction between man and woman, but I'm pretty sure that it's not a matter of psychological makeup. To say that women are essentially emotional seems to be to degrade them to the level of beasts. It also seems to create a double standard: if women should be passionate, then why is it a sin for women to commit gluttony and stuff?

This whole post is grossly offensive.

What's wrong with being more emotional? Look at the mysticism of the Saints, either East or West. Read Saint Francis of Assisi's poetry or look through Byzantine poetry.

Women tend to have long life expectancy than men and lower suicide rates probably because of their openness with emotion.

At the same time, there's an inherent value to controlling your emotions, including being able to think more logically and clearly, and be able to analyze the world how it is, to be able to solve problems.

It isn't black and white. There's a deep chasm between men and women that you cannot cross, and you should accept that.

Of course not all women and men are like that at all. Some women are a lot more logical and think clearly compared to some men who are emotional. But you cannot pretend that both sexes are identical, biological organs exempt.

Again, you don't realize to what extent mass media has lied to you. It took me years to accept that fact.

Also, it's not about "manipulation" at all. The fact of the matter is, though, that relationships are not going to be black and white, logical, and straightforward.

For example, a woman is not going to go up to you and say "I find you attractive, let's be boyfriend and girlfriend from this point on." More often than not, she'll drop you hints that she is attracted to you, with the expectation that if you are interested back, you'll have the confidence to ask her out.

When I said "doesn't seem", I meant it doesn't seem that way from my own experiences and from my own understanding of the Christian anthropology.

Here's the bitter truth: how much success with women and relationships have you had? Have you ever been in a romantic relationship with one? Ever ask a girl out? Ever go on a date with one?

When you have above average intelligence and are able to operate on a level that passes superficial instagram posting, it can be very easy to think you are an Ubermensch that knows everything. But the fact of the matter is you aren't, and you need to humble yourself, or go through a challenging experience where your delusions about yourself are broken. Martial arts is a great idea for that; real martial arts, not fake karate. Or do a difficult fast. Push yourself to your limits. Something like that.

For me, a lot of maturation came through Law School. One of the few academic experiences that made me realize that I'm not the smartest person in the world and I have a lot of flaws I need to improve on.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:34:01 AM by TheReturnofLive »

The following users thanked this post: Blue Violet

Offline TheReturnofLive

• The Gentile
  • Wachtmeister
  • An Excommunicant
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2020, 10:34:20 AM »
Sorry if I'm harsh, but you remind me of myself 3-4 years ago, and in many ways I'm still that person.
See my recent posts.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:44:08 AM by TheReturnofLive »

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2020, 12:04:45 PM »
What's wrong with being more emotional? Look at the mysticism of the Saints, either East or West. Read Saint Francis of Assisi's poetry or look through Byzantine poetry.

Nothing's wrong with being emotional. My only point is that this view seems to be a gross oversimplification/overgeneralization.

But you cannot pretend that both sexes are identical, biological organs exempt.

There is a real distinction, but it has little to nothing to do with psychology. A human soul is a human soul--while the male body is different from the female body, all human souls are the same: they all follow the same blueprint, are structured in fundamentally the same way, and have the same faculties. Maybe men and women are separately more inclined to use the different faculties in different ways (and maybe this is an innate predisposition), but it's not as if women can only be emotional, should only be emotional, or generally are only emotional (to the exclusion of reason). Seems only to be a difference in degree, not kind.

For example, a woman is not going to go up to you and say "I find you attractive, let's be boyfriend and girlfriend from this point on." More often than not, she'll drop you hints that she is attracted to you, with the expectation that if you are interested back, you'll have the confidence to ask her out.

This much is understandable. Guess not everything always needs spelling out.

But what I was specifically referring to is the sort of "hinting" that James references on pp. 76-77. I'm pretty sure that unmarried females don't generally behave this way towards their male friends. But do wives typically act this way towards their husbands? In either case, this behaviour seems out of place. You shouldn't be holding grudges to begin with. And situations like these call for directness and honesty, not passive aggression. None of it is healthy for the relationship or for the individuals, and I'd even say it's sinful. Pretty sure this is not the way God designed women to behave (or anyone else for that matter).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 12:25:59 PM by Daniel »

Offline Kent

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2020, 01:27:44 PM »
Quote from: Daniel
Well perhaps James could elaborate, but what he basically says is that woman's psychology is fundamentally different than man's psychology. He says that women love to worry about stuff and that worrying is what gives them happiness. He goes on to say that women operate on an emotional level, and that women desire passion even if the particular passion is (paradoxically) an undesirable passion such as sorrow or anger. He also says that women are never straight up with men, but that if they want men to know something then they beat around the bush and "hint" at stuff. So man's job is more or less to manipulate women's emotions (women love it when men do that) and to extract the information from the "hints". (He isn't clear whether this is all by God's design or if it's a result of the fall, but his overall point seems to be that men and women have fundamentally-different psychological makeups.)

This is all completely the opposite of what I'd expect.

Haven't read the book, but the accuracy of that description is unimpeachable.  Have you met any women before?  Like ever?   :o

I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, james03, TheReturnofLive

Offline Heinrich

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Daniel

This is all completely the opposite of what I'd expect.

Haven't read the book, but the accuracy of that description is unimpeachable.  Have you met any women before?  Like ever?   :o

:rofl:

The following users thanked this post: TheReturnofLive

Offline TheReturnofLive

• The Gentile
  • Wachtmeister
  • An Excommunicant
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2020, 02:42:35 PM »
There is a real distinction, but it has little to nothing to do with psychology. A human soul is a human soul--while the male body is different from the female body, all human souls are the same: they all follow the same blueprint, are structured in fundamentally the same way, and have the same faculties. Maybe men and women are separately more inclined to use the different faculties in different ways (and maybe this is an innate predisposition), but it's not as if women can only be emotional, should only be emotional, or generally are only emotional (to the exclusion of reason). Seems only to be a difference in degree, not kind.

Have you studied actual neuroscience or psychology? It's very clear that men and women are not the same psychologically, lol.

Even transhumanist idealogical cucks in psychology who are trying to unscientifically propagandize this idea that there is no difference in arbitrary constructionism have to admit this. They just say these differences are "constructed," and then imply these "constructions" exist for no reason or have no pragmatic utility.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 02:51:05 PM by TheReturnofLive »

The following users thanked this post: Blue Violet

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2020, 03:03:35 PM »
Have you met any women before?  Like ever?   :o

Yes. And they don't act like that.

Have you studied actual neuroscience or psychology? It's very clear that men and women are not the same psychologically, lol.

Equivocation. What you mean to say is that it's very clear that men and women are not the same chemically or behaviourally. Not "psychologically".
Even if it were the case that most women generally don't act rationally, this does not at all entail that there exists a separate non-rational female soul nature akin to that of the animal.

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2020, 03:16:58 PM »
Adding to that, this is why in my initial post I was asking the ladies for their opinion. Because I have no idea what's going on inside woman's mind. But from an outsider's perspective, the women I've interacted with do not act like emotion-seeking zombies nor do they try to confuse me with cryptic messages when I do something wrong. A few of them did come to hate me with a passion, but they weren't really the best choice in women to begin with. But if some women on here could confirm James's view, I guess I'll shut up and reconsider.

The following users thanked this post: Lydia Purpuraria

Offline Kent

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2020, 03:22:13 PM »
Have you met any women before?  Like ever?   :o

Yes. And they don't act like that.

Is it possible that your judgment, either of their behavior or of their actually being women, is off?
I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Davis Blank - EG, TheReturnofLive