Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 542 times)

Offline Davis Blank - EG

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: I'm back
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 10:16:08 PM »

That or bring in one of the dozens of priests who've left their diocese to just say the TLM, to live there as a pastor. 

I'm always so moved by this witness.  We have a few such priests in our area who have done the same thing.  Takes courage and sacrifice.  This phenomenon should also encourage trads that there exists real passion among the clergy, even diocesan clergy, for Tradition.  We need to do what we can to support such priests, morally and practically.  I don't know how we do the latter.  Would such a priest, above, living as pastor be financially supported by the TLM attendees?  Truthfully, I don't know how such priests survive now, either.

There needs to be a website where these priests in limbo can network and receive donations.  There's just not enough room for all of them to join the FSSP or SSPX.  I know of two such brave men in my own local Church, myself Miriam.  A growing sub-movement of the wider TLM movement.

I think this is an idea which needs more consideration.  Materially aiding these priests is very important but I suspect they are rightfully afraid to be publicly outed.  Is there a way to benefit from this without basically handing over a list to the Vatican of whom to defrock?

Offline christulsa

• Feldwebel
    • The Okie Traditionalist Blog
  • Religion: Greg’s Kung Fu
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2019, 10:33:22 PM »
Welcome back, Chris. Thanks for helping my pal move and watching his kids.

Sure thing.  He rewarded us with pizza that day, and when meeting a local trad friend at an English pub he even bought me dessert.  Though it seems his own dessert may have been reportedly the culprit behind GI distress later that evening.  There are hazards of all kinds moving to a state still reminiscent of the old Wild West.  On the surface here, see, people are rugged and cantankerous in a relatively benign kind of way, but deep down we Okies are salt of the earth.  Generally speaking.  Yessir.

Noice.

Ja whol.  I tried to impress our new transplant to the Heartland by asking our British waiter (whose Yorkshire accent, and personality, reminded me actually of Greg) to invite the old British woman who owns the pub to visit our table, and try out a series of semi-profane British jokes on her.  She laughed it up, but my new friend-in-the-flesh only chuckled a bit.  One tries.  ;)

But we did polish off the cheese plate, and had a pretty good time.  Even took a pic of the guys standing next to a life size cut out of the Queen.  I have a pic of it on my phone.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 10:39:40 PM by christulsa »

Offline christulsa

• Feldwebel
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2019, 10:46:12 PM »

That or bring in one of the dozens of priests who've left their diocese to just say the TLM, to live there as a pastor. 

I'm always so moved by this witness.  We have a few such priests in our area who have done the same thing.  Takes courage and sacrifice.  This phenomenon should also encourage trads that there exists real passion among the clergy, even diocesan clergy, for Tradition.  We need to do what we can to support such priests, morally and practically.  I don't know how we do the latter.  Would such a priest, above, living as pastor be financially supported by the TLM attendees?  Truthfully, I don't know how such priests survive now, either.

There needs to be a website where these priests in limbo can network and receive donations.  There's just not enough room for all of them to join the FSSP or SSPX.  I know of two such brave men in my own local Church, myself Miriam.  A growing sub-movement of the wider TLM movement.

I think this is an idea which needs more consideration.  Materially aiding these priests is very important but I suspect they are rightfully afraid to be publicly outed.  Is there a way to benefit from this without basically handing over a list to the Vatican of whom to defrock?

I don’t know. Time for us men to man up. Do what’s right in our work and let the chips fall where they may.  Fr Rodriguez is the best example, IMO.

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 02:23:19 PM »

Sure thing.  He rewarded us with pizza that day, and when meeting a local trad friend at an English pub he even bought me dessert.  Though it seems his own dessert may have been reportedly the culprit behind GI distress later that evening.  There are hazards of all kinds moving to a state still reminiscent of the old Wild West.  On the surface here, see, people are rugged and cantankerous in a relatively benign kind of way, but deep down we Okies are salt of the earth.  Generally speaking.  Yessir.

Noice.

Ja whol.  I tried to impress our new transplant to the Heartland by asking our British waiter (whose Yorkshire accent, and personality, reminded me actually of Greg) to invite the old British woman who owns the pub to visit our table, and try out a series of semi-profane British jokes on her.  She laughed it up, but my new friend-in-the-flesh only chuckled a bit.  One tries.  ;)

But we did polish off the cheese plate, and had a pretty good time.  Even took a pic of the guys standing next to a life size cut out of the Queen.  I have a pic of it on my phone.

St. Edward and St. George are English.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline christulsa

• Feldwebel
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2019, 05:56:39 PM »

Noice.

St. Edward and St. George are English.

As was Henry VIIIth...but I think Gardener chuckled even more when I asked the owner if she was Church of England or Roman Catholic, and when she said Church of England I asked “is it okay for us papists to visit your pub?”   She herself laughed understandably “oh yes you are welcome too.”  Bob’s your uncle, Heinrich.

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2019, 02:57:57 PM »
What the hell.  Greg and Jayne broke their self-perma-ban. 

I did not break my word to only post as often as Greg did. 

I am writing this post because I am reasonably sure that Greg is posting here under a different name, Maxim Gun.  You are dropping hints about this, Chris, including the above.  Do you actually know this or are you just speculating based on the similarities of style and views?

(If I am wrong about that poster being Greg, then I will continue with the original agreement and give Greg a free post to make up for this one.)
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline Sempronius

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2019, 03:55:17 PM »
What the hell.  Greg and Jayne broke their self-perma-ban. 

I did not break my word to only post as often as Greg did. 

I am writing this post because I am reasonably sure that Greg is posting here under a different name, Maxim Gun.  You are dropping hints about this, Chris, including the above.  Do you actually know this or are you just speculating based on the similarities of style and views?

(If I am wrong about that poster being Greg, then I will continue with the original agreement and give Greg a free post to make up for this one.)

I could bet money that Maxim is not Greg

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2019, 08:01:21 PM »
How do we know that Maxim Gun isn't a Sock of yours, Jayne?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Padraig

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2019, 09:41:27 PM »
MaximGun as Greg actually fits pretty nicely.

The following users thanked this post: Pon de Replay, Lynne, christulsa

Offline Davis Blank - EG

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 10:14:24 PM »
I think their writing styles are sufficiently different.

I do wish you both would end your exiles.

The following users thanked this post: red solo cup, Lynne, Maximilian, Michael Wilson

Offline christulsa

• Feldwebel
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2019, 12:08:29 AM »
The Ghost of Christmas Future appeared to me in a dream last night.  He showed us all getting along here, including Greg and Jayne!   The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.  And Mr. Edwards showed up with tin cups and candy canes for the little Ingalls girls.  'Tis the Season to be jolly!  And to forgive!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 12:27:35 AM by christulsa »

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 06:21:49 AM »
I think their writing styles are sufficiently different.

I do wish you both would end your exiles.
+1
"It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry"