Author Topic: No more forgiveness left from heaven  (Read 626 times)

Offline pioflower

• Hellebardier
No more forgiveness left from heaven
« on: November 04, 2019, 01:48:24 PM »
I read in the bible that after you repent If you return back to your sinful ways there would be no more forgiveness from. Heaven.

St john vianney also talks about the sins beyond God no longer pardons, he's a mystic

So can you be walking around earth with zero hope of salvation?

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: No more forgiveness left from heaven
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 02:19:58 PM »
Yes.  It is quite obvious you are damned.

My gosh, we've warned you not to go down this path and become like the poster Daniel.  God does not lay traps for you.  In fact, He shed every drop of His Most Precious Blood for you because He makes excuses to save you.

Please go to a good priest and tell him you have scruples.  Then do what he tells you.  You are not the first person with scruples.  Priests know about it and are trained in dealing with it.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »
I read in the bible that after you repent If you return back to your sinful ways there would be no more forgiveness from. Heaven.

St john vianney also talks about the sins beyond God no longer pardons, he's a mystic

So can you be walking around earth with zero hope of salvation?
St. John also saw a man that committed suicide, saved by the B.V.M. Because of his devotion to her.
Jesus says of himself: Behold, I stand at the gate, and knock. If any man shall hear my voice, and open to me the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
[Apocalypse  3:20]
Jesus also describes himself as "meek and humble of Heart: and you shall find rest to your souls."
The good shepherd that leaves the 99 and goes looking for the lost sheep.
Describes Himself in the parable of the prodigal son, as the father who anxiously awaits the return of his wayward son, and who goes out to meet him on the road, when he espies him from far off; then accepts him back as his son, not as a servant, and holds a big festivity to celebrate the son that has returned from the dead.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, aquinas138, Xavier, Blue Violet

Offline gsas

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 06:04:15 PM »
Very interesting question.  Yes, it is possible to gradually kill off all sanctifying grace from your soul that God had put there originally.  Look for example at the life of Judas Iscariot who committed serial endless theft of Jesus's money directly under His nose then went and got Him killed.  But interestingly, even Judas Iscariot had some sanctifying grace left inside him for realizing his sin after committing it.  And Jesus was merciful with him all along, even at the point of His death.  So most likely nobody manages to kill off absolutely all sanctifying grace out of himself, no matter how fast their asymptotic approach is to this.  But then there are those souls too, that God did not create (directly), and these can do yet untold amount of damage to your soul like a virus to its host, which may not be asymptotic.

And as for suicide, such as for example what St John witnessed, there are a few sins that the Bible comments on as better not to be born for.  This may be interpreted as the Biblical imperative to commit suicide under these conditions.  Speculatively, this may be a necessity to save your soul in these cases, I would guess.

Offline Kreuzritter

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 06:44:59 PM »
But then there are those souls too, that God did not create (directly)

What?

This may be interpreted as the Biblical imperative to commit suicide under these conditions.  Speculatively, this may be a necessity to save your soul in these cases, I would guess.

Whaaaaat?

Offline Traditionallyruralmom

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Raising warriors for Christ and our country!
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 06:49:07 PM »
In a talk by Fr Ripperger he mentioned something like this. Forgive the paraphrasing....God gives you a certain amount of mortal sins that he will give you the grace to repent from.  After that, it takes the prayers of other people to get that grace of repentance if you mortally sin again.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian, gsas

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 07:15:41 PM »
In a talk by Fr Ripperger he mentioned something like this. Forgive the paraphrasing....God gives you a certain amount of mortal sins that he will give you the grace to repent from.  After that, it takes the prayers of other people to get that grace of repentance if you mortally sin again.

Yes, Fr. R does mention that, as does Fr. Phil Wolfe in his sermons.  It comes from St. Alphonsus Liguori, apparently, but also has some scriptural basis.

The following users thanked this post: Traditionallyruralmom, gsas

Offline St.Justin

• Feldwebel
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 08:38:42 PM »
Very interesting question.  Yes, it is possible to gradually kill off all sanctifying grace from your soul that God had put there originally.  Look for example at the life of Judas Iscariot who committed serial endless theft of Jesus's money directly under His nose then went and got Him killed.  But interestingly, even Judas Iscariot had some sanctifying grace left inside him for realizing his sin after committing it.  And Jesus was merciful with him all along, even at the point of His death.  So most likely nobody manages to kill off absolutely all sanctifying grace out of himself, no matter how fast their asymptotic approach is to this.  But then there are those souls too, that God did not create (directly), and these can do yet untold amount of damage to your soul like a virus to its host, which may not be asymptotic.

And as for suicide, such as for example what St John witnessed, there are a few sins that the Bible comments on as better not to be born for.  This may be interpreted as the Biblical imperative to commit suicide under these conditions.  Speculatively, this may be a necessity to save your soul in these cases, I would guess.

Sanctifying Grace is primarily Sacramental Grace. It takes one mortal sin to lose it and one good confession to regain it. We are not born with Sanctifying Grace. We only obtain it in Baptism.

The following users thanked this post: gsas

Offline pioflower

• Hellebardier
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 10:01:24 PM »
Is it possible to pray for that grace yourself through the rosary?

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 12:11:30 AM »

Praying the rosary is a sign of Marian favor, which means she is most likely praying for you.

While I am not scrupulous, I am definitely an anti-tyrant psychopathic God sort of person. For example, the idea of Banezian "Thomism"'s idea of predestination was enough for me to seriously just consider suicide a few times. Thankfully, the little voice in my head that said, "Domingo Banez and Garrigou-Lagrange are full of shit" won out, and I gave myself enough time to read some sensible Saints instead of St. Thomas' toilet worthy "interpreters" (He that toucheth pitch, shall be defiled with it - Sirach 13:1). And Michael Wilson... what an angel. He really talked me down during those times.

Take it from me: focus on the reality of God's goodness, stick with the writings of Saints like St. Francis de Sales, and leave the doom and gloom Saints' writings for those whose temperament is better suited for it. Some people really do need to be repeatedly kicked in the spiritual crotch. Others... don't.
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Providence is a present mystery by which our hope is confirmed and our faith solidified, if we give not into despair or disbelief.

Woe is me, because I have held my peace. Isaiah 6

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Chestertonian, Davis Blank - EG, Blue Violet

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 12:36:55 AM »

Maybe you should wipe your mind clear of everything you think about Catholic faith, and start again from the beginning, e.g. read the book "My Catholic Faith".

Seriously, gsas, have the humility to accept the possibility that other Catholics here are right about your understanding of the Faith being very poor.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 12:43:44 AM by Non Nobis »
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, MundaCorMeum, gsas

Offline gsas

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 06:46:42 AM »

Maybe you should wipe your mind clear of everything you think about Catholic faith, and start again from the beginning, e.g. read the book "My Catholic Faith".

Seriously, gsas, have the humility to accept the possibility that other Catholics here are right about your understanding of the Faith being very poor.

I apologize for my offenses and yes I am very aware that many members of this site have the proper Catholic knowledge and understanding which I don't have.

I hope that my posts are not offensive.  It serves all readers well, even if not members, when posters correct me, which is why I rarely mount arguments. 

Forums are excellent places to hammer out valid interpretations of all kinds of observations spiritual.

I also thank all of you for having worked with me on these. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 06:48:57 AM by gsas »

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, Davis Blank - EG

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 09:34:31 AM »
absolutely.  that is part of sanctification.  Pray for an increase in Grace.  I recommend that you pray for the grace to grow in the virtue of Hope.

Have Hope.  Remember that the Gospel is called THE GOOD NEWS.  Why is it called the Good News?  Because God has done all the heavy lifting and made it easy for you.  At a minimum, you say the Morning Offering and the Act of contrition.  About 30 seconds each.  You go to confession and just list your sins:
1.  I gossiped about my best friend behind her back (always popular with the ladies).
2.  I was a few minutes late giving my husband his nightly foot massage.
3.  I nagged my husband about 35 times.
4.  One time I let the beer run out.

That takes about 30 seconds.  Then you keep quiet and LISTEN.  Don't clarify, explain, or give the priest your theories.  99.5% of the time the priest is not going to ask for clarification because he has heard the sins 10,000 times before.  You do your penance and you are forgiven.  Why are you forgiven?  Because the priest said you are forgiven, and your opinion in the matter doesn't count.  You then go to Communion.  Why?  Because the Church says you are forgiven, so you can go.

That's it.  And you are saved.  Sounds like Good News to me.  Now I recommend also working on Sanctification and deepening Charity, as this has eternal rewards in Heaven, but let's stick to the basics for now.

Scruples also has a tinge of pride in it, so pray for the grace to grow in humility.  And go schedule an appointment with a priest and tell him you have scruples, because you have scruples.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

The following users thanked this post: Traditionallyruralmom, Davis Blank - EG, Blue Violet, gsas

Offline Traditionallyruralmom

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Raising warriors for Christ and our country!
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 10:56:15 AM »
Take it from me: focus on the reality of God's goodness, stick with the writings of Saints like St. Francis de Sales, and leave the doom and gloom Saints' writings for those whose temperament is better suited for it. Some people really do need to be repeatedly kicked in the spiritual crotch. Others... don't.

agree with this......I listen to online sermons for daily encouragement.  Lately I cannot handle any more of certain sites and priests...because I need to hear this message of Gods goodness and need encouragement to grow in holiness...not to memorize all the ways the demons attack me or understand all of the prophecies of the end times  :(
St Marys Oratory, Wausau on the Institute page has a sermon page.  The Institutes primary patron is St Francis de Sales, and Canons sermons are very much in keeping with St Francis de Sales.  Same with the offerings from St Isidore (SSPX) in Denver.  Personal holiness and daily spiritual life are the common themes. 
I am also a former victim of scruples.  I dont need the kick in the spiritual crotch, I need the assurance of Gods love and providence as well. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:35:47 AM by Traditionallyruralmom »
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, Lynne, Michael Wilson, MundaCorMeum, Blue Violet

Offline gsas

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 11:11:11 AM »
Is this thread about Hebrews 6:4-6?  If yes, then this may be useful:

http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.aspx?category=11&article=5152