Author Topic: 100 and beyond  (Read 930 times)

Offline poche

• Feldwebel
100 and beyond
« on: May 09, 2013, 04:18:37 AM »
I wasn't sure what catagory to put this under so here it is.

We may be obsessed with looking younger, but we're in awe of the people who live to see their 100th birthdays and beyond. To what do these centenarians attribute their long, long lives? The answers may surprise you.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/odd-tricks-people-who-lived-past-100-swear-by-184109562.html

Offline Lyubov

• Wachtmeister
Re: 100 and beyond
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 11:57:10 AM »
If anyone is interested in peculiar longevity theories, take a look at the work of Soviet scientists under Stalin. It is a fascinating topic involving Martians, decapitated dogs, fermented milk, baking soda, and a peculiar serum derived from the blood of a rabbit and the spleen of a human corpse.
Имя ты мое услышишь
Из под топота копыт.

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »
If anyone is interested in peculiar longevity theories, take a look at the work of Soviet scientists under Stalin. It is a fascinating topic involving Martians, decapitated dogs, fermented milk, baking soda, and a peculiar serum derived from the blood of a rabbit and the spleen of a human corpse.

Martians?

The yahoo article was great.  If I predict correctly-  based on the information in the article, I'm going to live to be one hundred and seventy five.  Chocolate, booze, and bacon for the win.
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »

I still don't know why you had me watch that.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline OCLittleFlower

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • CALIFORNIA DEPLORABLE
  • Religion: Trad to the max!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 04:21:32 AM »

I still don't know why you had me watch that.

Okay, now we need a link.   :tongue:
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

Если вы можете прочитать это, вы лучше.