Author Topic: I believe we are in revelations. What does this mean  (Read 243 times)

Offline pioflower

• Hellebardier
I believe we are in revelations. What does this mean
« on: October 20, 2019, 11:51:06 AM »
There is an awful lot in revelations about angels placing the mark of the beast on mankind, that it's an unforgivable sin. It's also referenced in the old testament. I think it is alluded to in isaiah 25 too. What does it mean in Catholicism?

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: I believe we are in revelations. What does this mean
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 01:12:02 PM »
There is no consensus as to the significance; the Baptized, Confirmed and Holy Orders,  receive the Character or mark of these sacraments; but these are invisible; it appears also that those marked in Ezechiel 9.4 are also invisibly marked. On the other hand Cain had a mark that would enable men to recognize him and not kill him; and those in the time of the Anti-Christ who also do not receive the visible mark on the forehead or right hand, will not be able to buy or sell. 
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 11:58:53 AM »
I vote the computer chip. 
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 01:35:26 PM »
A computer chip may be part of it; but it has to be visible. Maybe a tatoo with a c.c. Imbeded sub-cutaneously?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers