Author Topic: Is there safe software for transferring audio from my iPhone to my computer?  (Read 735 times)

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
I recently had to reset my computer and thus lost my itunes library that was stored on it. All of the audio is still on my phone, but I need a way to transfer it to my computer so that I can make a backup. Has anyone ever unused any of the software available for this? Which would you recommend as the safest and easiest to use?
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

Offline Gardener

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
AnyTrans, one and done
https://www.imobie.com/anytrans/iphone-manager.htm

Easy to use. I did the pay to play version as I was backing up several iPhones and iPods of various generations. Not sure how their free one is.

The following users thanked this post: Bernadette

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think you should be able to do this with iTunes. (Assuming your phone is an iPhone... I don't know if it works with other phones...)

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
AnyTrans, one and done
https://www.imobie.com/anytrans/iphone-manager.htm

Easy to use. I did the pay to play version as I was backing up several iPhones and iPods of various generations. Not sure how their free one is.

Free version is terrible. It's only going to transfer 90 of my 3000+ tracks. I'll have to find another way.
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

Offline Gardener

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
Unless they've locked it down, and assuming you are on Windows 7/8/10, try the following:

File Explorer (Win+E) > click on iPhone in left pane > view hidden files > see if you can find a folder which contains your music > copy to iTunes library.

What is your OS?

I'll try this in a little bit on my iphone.