Author Topic: The Tribunals: how to get people back to the faith?  (Read 210 times)

Offline gsas

  • Vizekorporal
  • **
  • Posts: 232
  • Thanked: 32 times
The Tribunals: how to get people back to the faith?
« on: October 14, 2019, 11:24:33 PM »
Canon law is important.  Protecting the apostolic integrity of our church is important.  Educating and testing applicants who want to join our church is important.  Also practiced for 1000's of years. 

But, now we are down to 2 %.   The other 98 % of people say that our church is irrelevant.  And even when they want to join, our tribunals reject them because of their multiple marriages.  Yes, it is a fact of 21st century secular life, that most people remarry 2 or 3 times in life, like it was common to have 2 or 3 wives during the first couple of centuries. In fact, Charlemaigne, who did the most work in spreading our Church in Europe had 5 wives.

So, what are we going to do with people who want to join us but have multiple marriages each genuine?