Author Topic: What if you are prohibited at learn Christ?  (Read 421 times)

Offline gsas

• Vizekorporal
What if you are prohibited at learn Christ?
« on: September 28, 2019, 01:23:13 AM »
The Gospel of St John says that nobody has an excuse, because the Word has been made known to the farest reaches of the world. 

So now you get school leavers in vast soviet societies who were taught that calling the name of the Lord Jesus Christ is a crime.

What can you do for your salvation, when the very thing that salvation needs is a taboo for you? 

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: What if you are prohibited at learn Christ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 02:27:33 PM »
God doesn't demand the impossible; if a person was never taught about Christ then how can they believe in Him?
This is the very question that St. Paul asked:
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved. [14] How then shall they call on him, in whom they have not believed? Or how shall they believe him, of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear, without a preacher? [15] And how shall they preach unless they be sent, as it is written: How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, of them that bring glad tidings of good things!
Dr. Challoner, commentary:
[15] "Unless they be sent": Here is an evident proof against all new teachers, who have all usurped to themselves the ministry without any lawful mission, derived by succession from the apostles, to whom Christ said, John 20. 21, As my Father hath sent me, I also send you.

[16] But all do not obey the gospel. For Isaias saith: Lord, who hath believed our report? [17] Faith then cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of Christ. [18] But I say: Have they not heard? Yes, verily, their sound hath gone forth into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the whole world.
Some theologians such as St. Thomas have speculated that if a person is faithful to grace, then God would even send an Angel to preach the faith to them. We know that God wills the salvation of all men; therefore somehow He will make salvation available to every man, no matter what the obstacles.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: gsas