Author Topic: Does your employer force you to work on Holy Days of Obligation?  (Read 68 times)

Offline Geremia

• Feldwebel
    • St. Isidore e-book library
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Do most trads work on holy days of obligation?

It seems the majority of trads work on holy days of obligation, as the Mass attendance at the evening Mass today was greater than that of the morning Masses today (feast of the Assumption).

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
Re: Does your employer force you to work on Holy Days of Obligation?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 02:32:17 AM »
Do most trads work on holy days of obligation?

It seems the majority of trads work on holy days of obligation, as the Mass attendance at the evening Mass today was greater than that of the morning Masses today (feast of the Assumption).

I don't know about the reasons for lower Mass attendance in your locality.  It could be a little more complicated than adult work.  Many children and teenagers started school this week.  (Not all trad families homeschool, for various reasons. Or, they may homeschool some of the children, not others.)  Anyway, that could explain a lower morning Mass attendance than evening.

Also, I don't know what the employer policies are at their places of business.  I am fortunate to be able to choose which paid time off days I get, and they needn't be grouped or consecutive.  Believe me, there aren't many of them, because the company I work at is small, and so benefits are also measured.  But the point is that my days off are different each year by my choice, and correspond first to any Holy Days which would normally be work days.  So I have a lot of juggling to do, given the # of Holy Days to expect each year.

Our High Mass was 2/3 as full as it usually is on a Sunday.  However, there was also a Low Mass today, and the remaining third could have gone to that one.  Our Low Masses are moderately attended on weekdays, well attended on weekends.