Author Topic: Whale Evolution dives to new low: a whale of a tale by evolutionists.  (Read 206 times)

Offline Xavier

• Eternal Father, We Offer You the Precious Blood of Your Divine Son, Jesus, In Union with the Holy Masses throughout the world this month, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, those who are going to die today, those in my family.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)

Whale Evolution Dives to New Low
By Brian Thomas and Jeffrey Tomkins

The story of whale evolution is one of the most ridiculous fables of scientifically unsupported speculation ever perpetrated on the public. And now, with the recent discovery of a Peruvian fossil of a clearly four-legged land animal named Peregocetus being called “An Amphibious Whale,” the evolutionary myth has just dived to a new low.1

The newly found fossil creature may have been amphibious because it appears to possibly have had webbed feet for swimming. It could definitely walk on land and possibly also swim in water, like beavers and otters. If all it takes is an amphibious capability to earn the name whale, then why not call otters, muskrats, and beavers “whales,” too?

According to the grand evolutionary story, whales evolved from a dog-like land creature. As the whale of a tale goes, over millions of years, the size of these evolving creatures grew enormously and finally resulted in the largest animals ever seen on Earth—the baleen whales that reach 100 feet in length.

Besides the enormous differences in size and specializations—filter feeding versus toothed whales—many designs are only found in whales.2-5 To name a few, whales have specialized bodily features that allow for unique breathing, swimming, deep diving, reproduction, echolocation, communication, specialized feeding, and many other novel traits not found in any other type of sea or land creature.

From a paleontological perspective, whale evolution still lacks its most critical need: evidence. Evolutionary researchers have not yet reached consensus on any fossil or living creature as having intermediate features between a whale and a land creature (including semi-aquatic creatures like otters). The Current Biology report described anatomical features used to bin Peregocetus into a man-made category of pre-whales. This process of inventing evolutionary categories helps make the wacky concept of legged whales easier to swallow.

In this new research, the authors fully acknowledge that the creature walked on land and even had small hooves. They said, “the retention of small hooves with a flat anteroventral tip at fingers and toes indicate that Peregocetus was still capable of standing and even walking on land.”1 Despite the fact that the creature had hooves, the authors speculated that its feet were webbed and it swam like an otter. No soft tissue preservation to indicate webbing was found, but the bone structure of the feet could have allowed for it.

Much of the skeleton was missing, including the entire skull above the lower jaw. Even the latter section of the creature’s tail was completely absent, yet this didn’t prevent evolutionary artists from adding an imaginary small whale-like fluke in their graphic reconstructions!

The features of the fossil that supposedly indicated a whale ancestry were minor similarities to other so-called “pre-whale” fossils called protocetids. The fossils in this evolutionary category were not pre-whales. Instead, they were even less aquatic and looked canine-like.

This evolutionary story needs what every evolutionary story needs: a missing link, a fossil with features that show transition from wolf to whale. A partial list includes re-plumbing nostrils, crafting fins, arranging new bones and muscles to fit them, designing new teeth, making a whole new reproductive system, and integrating new thermoregulation, eyes, ears, and pressure and temperature sensors.6 Like all other extinct or living amphibious mammals, Peregocetus has none of these required transitional features.

As far as science can tell, whales have always been whales.

Whale Evolution Dives to New Low: https://www.icr.org/article/whale-evolution-dives-new-low/

Overall, this new fossil’s news reduces to an evolutionary boondoggle accompanied by startlingly speculative imagination. As far as science can tell, whales have always been whales."

References

1. Lambert, O. et al. 2019. An Amphibious Whale from the Middle Eocene of Peru Reveals Early South Pacific Dispersal of Quadrupedal Cetaceans. Current Biology. 29: 1-8.
2. Wells, J. 2018. From Bears to Whales: A Difficult Transition. Evolution News and Science Today. Posted on evolutionnews.org July 17, 2018, accessed April 15, 2019.
3. Tomkins, J. and F. Sherwin. 2018. New Whale Fossil Harpoons Evolution. Creation Science Update. Posted on ICR.org June 22, 2012, accessed April 15, 2019.
4. Thomas, B. Organ Discovery Shows Why Whales Didn’t Evolve. Creation Science Update. Posted on ICR.org June 22, 2012, accessed May 30, 2018.
5. Guliuzza, R. G. 2016. Major Evolutionary Blunders: Are Whales and Evolution Joined at the Hip? Acts & Facts. 45 (3): 12-14.
6. Living Waters. Illustra Media. Segment shown on Youtube: Whale Evolution vs. Population Genetics. Posted on YouTube August 9, 2016, accessed April 15, 2019.
Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

Daily Morning Offering: O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary,  I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the Altars  throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word, and action of this day. I desire to gain every Indulgence and Merit I can, offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, Whom Thou hast appointed the dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular  [Here kiss your Brown Scapular] that She may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Amen.

Consecration to Our Blessed Mother: My Queen, my Mother! I give myself entirely to Thee, and to show my devotion to Thee I consecrate to Thee this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve, Wherefore, good Mother, as I am Thine own, keep me, guard me, as Thy property and possession." http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/morning-offering.htm

"I am the Lady of the Rosary. Pray the Rosary (i.e. 15 decades; 5 decades is a part of the Rosary) every day to obtain Peace for the World." ~ Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Maximilian