Author Topic: Trump's strong record on the federal judiciary.  (Read 64 times)

Offline Xavier

• Immaculate Heart of Divine Mother Mary, Save us and the Whole World. Sweet Heart of Immaculate Mary, make of Pope Mario-Francis a Great Saint. Purest Immaculate Heart of Mary, Preserve the Hierarchy, Clergy and Religious in the Truth of the Catholic Faith
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
Trump's strong record on the federal judiciary.
« on: July 28, 2019, 02:34:44 PM »
All the signs are that if President Trump rules for just 5 more years - let alone if, say, a pro-life future president continues his pro-life legacy into 2028 or beyond - the US federal judiciary will become and remain strongly conservative for decades and generations to come, perhaps irreversibly so. Very exciting good and hopeful news in this respect for pro-lifers. Thoughts?

An excerpt from one of President Trump's recent speeches: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-faith-freedom-coalition-road-majority-2019-conference/

Edit:: "Unfortunately, Democrat politicians have become increasingly hostile to pro-life Americans who want to help more children find a loving home and share their dreams with the world.  Virtually every top Democrat lawmaker now supports taxpayer-funded abortion, right up to the moment of birth.

And, by the way, if you watched Virginia, the governor — after the moment of birth.  That was something that nobody —

AUDIENCE:  Booo —

THE PRESIDENT:  — that was something that nobody heard of before: after the moment of birth.  Nobody believed it.  I had never heard of it.  I don’t think anybody had heard of it.  When he talked about wrapping the child and then discussing with the mother whether or not she wants to keep — the child is born.

So that becomes an execution.  That becomes an execution.  Every child born and unborn is made in the holy image of God, and that is why I have asked Congress to prohibit the late-term abortion of babies.  (Applause.)  And they’ll do that.

AUDIENCE:  Four more years!  Four more years!  Four more years!

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you very much.  Thank you very much.  Appreciate it.

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  We’re with you, Mr. President!

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you.  Thank you very much.  (Applause.)  Thank you.

During my first week in office, I reinstated the Mexico City Policy.  People thought that wasn’t going to be happening.  (Applause.)

We’ve issued a final rule to prohibit Title X taxpayer funding from subsidizing the abortion industry.  (Applause.)  And just last month, our administration ended federal funding of fetal tissue research.  (Applause.)  All of us are working to foster a culture that celebrates the sacred worth of every human life.  (Applause.)

And this could all change very quickly.  Just remember.  We’ve done things that nobody thought possible.  We’ve done things that are so good and so righteous and also so fragile.  The wrong person in office — in this office, right here — can change it very quickly.  Bill will tell you that.  Bill understands this system probably better than anybody.  And Bill will tell you that.

We’re building a society that values the limitless potential of every person.  And we’re strengthening the bonds that tie us together in the wondrous tapestry of creation.

Here with us today is someone who shows us the power and majesty of life.  I was very proud to host her in the Oval Office earlier this year: Katie Shaw.  Where is Katie?  Where is Katie Shaw?  (Applause.)  Thank you, Katie.

We had a great meeting — right? — in the Oval Office.  Thank you, Katie.  You look well, really well.  Thank you very much.  Thank you.  So nice.  She was in the Oval Office and really made a great impression on everybody.  And it was very exciting.  Thank you very much for being here.

Katie is from Indiana.  She was born with Down syndrome and now works at a local store, does a fantastic job; volunteers in her community; and has testified before lawmakers.  As Katie said, “It’s a wonderful life.  I’ve made the world a better place.”  And, Katie, yes, you have.  You have.  (Applause.)

Our nation is uplifted by incredible Americans like Katie who fight for the dignity of all humanity.  My administration has also taken historic action to protect Americans’ rights enshrined in the Constitution."

"Democrats are determined to pack the courts with radical-left judges who will impose their own far-left views on the American people.  That is why I will soon appoint my 145th judge to interpret the Constitution as written.  (Applause.)

You know, normally, when a President assumes his position in the White House, you have no judges.  You come as they retire.  They get sick, they pass away, things happen, and they leave and you’ll get one, two, three.  I inherited 138 empty spots — 138.  I said, “This is impossible.”  Because President Obama either didn’t get them through or couldn’t get them through or something happened.  But I said, “How many judges do I have?”  “Sir, you have 138.”  Federal judges — 138 — which is, percentagewise, going to be a record.  But the only one that has a record greater than mine, percentagewise, is George Washington.  (Laughter and applause.)

I’ll never beat that record.  He had 100 percent.  But I have more.  (Laughter.)  The only thing — we have more, but he had 100 percent.  He appointed everybody.  (Laughter.)

But think of that, 145 judges we’re up to.  I had 138, and then through attrition and things, we picked up some additional — and we’re putting fantastic people on the courts and it makes such a big difference.  Nobody would believe.

And we have two new Supreme Court Justices: Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.  (Applause.)

And exactly a year ago today, in a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court upheld the First Amendment rights of pregnancy care centers.  (Applause.)

And just last week, the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 that the Peace Cross — wasn’t that nice, right?  (Applause.)  There’s one that would have come down.  In a memorial — a beautiful memorial in Maryland which honors our heroes of World War One — but it’s in the form of a cross, and they said it can stand on public land for all to see.  Isn’t that nice?  (Applause.)

It’s so beautiful and it takes up such an important place in that area, in that whole state, and they wanted to rip it down.  They wanted to take it down because it was a cross.  And we won that one just two days ago in the Supreme Court.  Isn’t that great?  (Applause.)

Americans’ belief in God has forged the character of our country and made our nation a light unto the world.  We are respected again as a nation, I will tell you that.  And I’m not only talking about from a religious standpoint.  Our country is respected again.  (Applause.)"
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 02:38:43 PM by Xavier »
Please Consecrate yourself to the Immaculate Heart daily, especially in the Sacred Month of August: Do never secede for any pretended reason from the Pope and the Bishops, and pray and work for the Pope and the Bishops to Consecrate Russia one day, as they infallibly will quite soon. Consecrate Russia yourself in Communion and in Union with the Pope and Bishops. Please consecrate aborted babies every day. You can save unborn children with every prayer for their Baptism that you say and help efficaciously end terrible abortion-killing worldwide.

Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. Please also offer the Precious Blood of Jesus' Heart to the Eternal Father, and our Lives in Sacrifice in Union with It, and with Mary's Immaculate Heart, that Jerusalem may be saved, Judah be restored, and the Jews may at long last happily be returned to saving Faith in Jesus Christ.

The following users thanked this post: mikemac, Josephine87