Author Topic: A Closer Look at Psalm 22:16 (21:17)  (Read 305 times)

Offline Vetus Ordo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Holy Roman Churchgoer
A Closer Look at Psalm 22:16 (21:17)
« on: June 13, 2019, 10:33:29 PM »
Nota bene: this is Psalm 21:17 in the Septuagint. This video follows the Masoretic notation.

"For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet."

Greg Stafford refutes the contention that the oldest extant copy of Psalm 22:16 reads ka'ari, "like a lion at my hands and feet." He provides a thorough examination of this scroll, establishing that it actually reads ka'aru, "they have dug through [pierced] my hands and feet." I highly recommend the watch for those interested in scriptural studies, it's just under 23 minutes long.

Yod or Waw? A Closer Look at (Nahal Hever) Psalm 22:16(17) with a Response to Yosi Feigenbaum

This video by Greg Stafford is a follow up to CWJah Talk #19: Pre-Christian Evidence Jesus is the Biblical Messiah: Psalm 22:16-18," specifically, as it pertains to the final letter of the key term ka'ari or ka'aru as used in the Nahal Hever text of Psalm 22:16(17). This video takes a closer look at the Nahal Hever scribes use of final yods in comparison to waws and makes it clear the key term should be read with a waw at the end, or as ka'aru. Responses to claims made in a recent video by Yosi Feigenbaum are also considered.

Link to Yosi Feigenbaum's, "Psalm 22 and the Dead Sea Scrolls a video by Yosi Feigenbaum" (April 29, 2019): here.

Link to CWJah Talk #19: here.

Link to an image of Psalm 22:16-18 from Nahal Hever Psalms: here.

Link to an article by Peter W. Flint referencing several variant readings to the Masoretic text of Psalm 22:16(17), "The Significance of the Biblical Dead Sea Scrolls," SJT 53.1 (2010): here.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Gardener, Xavier

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: A Closer Look at Psalm 22:16 (21:17)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:32:36 AM »
Thank you, I look forward to watching this when I get a 23 minute chance.
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Providence is a present mystery by which our hope is confirmed and our faith solidified, if we give not into despair or disbelief.

Woe is me, because I have held my peace. Isaiah 6

The following users thanked this post: Vetus Ordo