Author Topic: Does DMT open the gateway to contact with demons? Thoughts on DMT in general?  (Read 652 times)

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
THIS:

I would say all drugs are a gateway for demons. 

Altering one's consciousness with drugs that distort reality creates disorder in the psyche, which itself opens the doors to demons, certainly potentially.

Offline clau clau

• My other bike is a Pinarello
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Traditionalist videogamer - I only play 8-bit video games
Agree 100% about demons but mental illness should scare people too.

I read once that the high that one experiences from things like Methamphetamine is 1000's of times as potent as everyday things (e.g. alcohol).  This scared me. The thought of experiencing that and then having to deal with the consequences for the rest of your life.

Everyday things which make you happy like the sun in the morning, or a child smiling or a nice cup of tea and a sit down would no longer lift you.  It would be like if you had eaten some kind of hot chilli which was 1000's of times stronger than any other food, and all sensations of taste (bitter, sweet, sour ...) had gone from your tongue.  You could never again experience the taste of roast beef or pizza or ice cream.  Everything would just taste like dumplings.

About the only drug I use is the odd glass of beer, wine or port. I find Lent and Advent really useful as I give up alcohol and it clears out my system.

Chasing The Dragon - Poem by Eric Paeplow
Days and nights of untold dreams
Cast in shadows, to those that seem
To live and love and pass the days
Each in their own, separate ways

Yet no one knows who I really am
As I hide myself, behind a sham
Of smiles and grins and laughs out loud
To hide the pain, that I feel inside

As I spend my days, inside my head
And live a life, I've grown to dread
Of pain and loss and tortured souls
As I live within, these tattered walls

While friends and foes, come to me
To get the fix, that sets them free
As I take their cash, for booze and bread
To quell the thoughts, within my head

While I plan and scheme, to get away
From the deeds I've done and those who prey
Upon the weak, upon the strong
And those who think, they‘ve done nothing wrong

While they fill their nose and lungs with pain
And a needle stuck, into their vein
To get that fix, to stop the pain
Of those they've hurt and those they blame

For the life they have, the friends they've lost
While finding ways, to bear the cost
To get that fix, that makes them high
To forget their woes, or need to cry

About the life, they chose to live
And all the things, they've had to give
To fill their need, for that buzz filled head
Until the day, they wind up dead
Eric Paeplow
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 04:28:58 PM by clau clau »
Would you like to shake hands with Pope 1 or Pope 2 -
 me (inspired by Dr Seuss) see: https://seuss.fandom.com/wiki/Thing_One_and_Thing_Two

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.

The following users thanked this post: Padraig

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
Agree 100% about demons but mental illness should scare people too.

As do I agree.  Just know that mental illness, being a disorder of the psyche, also in itself enables demons to manipulate or at least inhabit that psyche.  This is why I cannot excuse Catholics who enable other Catholics with known mental disorders to neglect their mental health.  I'm speaking here of disorders that can be alleviated/reduced with professional help.  We all have an obligation to attend to our mental health, just as our physical health.

The demons love a diseased mind and a diseased affect.  The reason is that demons have access to our emotions, even though they have no ability to control our wills.  But we know how readily our wills can be persuaded by our emotions.

Offline Traditionallyruralmom

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Raising warriors for Christ and our country!
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic

Everyday things which make you happy like the sun in the morning, or a child smiling or a nice cup of tea and a sit down would no longer lift you.  It would be like if you had eaten some kind of hot chilli which was 1000's of times stronger than any other food, and all sensations of taste (bitter, sweet, sour ...) had gone from your tongue.  You could never again experience the taste of roast beef or pizza or ice cream.  Everything would just taste like dumplings.

I experienced this.  I could no longer feel joy without pot.  It was a very sad thing.  Dopamines are released big time with you use cannabis, and it takes a while for your body to figure out how to release them on their own without the stimulant.  It took at least a year after I quit to be completely healed of this. 

I do not get this problem with moderate use of wine.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re. Mental Illness and demons: A friend of mine told me that he knew the priest that would take Holy Communion to the inmates at a large N.Y. Mental asylum; the employees told him, that it was very strange; the most extreme cases that they had would howl and scream the whole time that the priest was there at the asylum.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Traditionallyruralmom, Prayerful

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
Wow, Michael.  Very scary, but also believable.

Offline Kreuzritter

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
THIS:

Altering one's consciousness with drugs that distort reality creates disorder in the psyche, which itself opens the doors to demons, certainly potentially.

Well, you're claiming it distorts reality rather than allowing awareness of another part of reality.

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
THIS:

Well, you're claiming it distorts reality rather than allowing awareness of another part of reality.

Fair point.  Don't have time at the moment to get into particulars, but I would say that the danger of an imbalanced view of reality is definitely there.  (I have known a number of people who used consciousness-altering drugs.)

Offline Kreuzritter

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
THIS:

Fair point.  Don't have time at the moment to get into particulars, but I would say that the danger of an imbalanced view of reality is definitely there.  (I have known a number of people who used consciousness-altering drugs.)

For sure. Either way, it can lead to confused existence.

I used Salvia, legally, a few times in my past. What I can say is that as intense and bizarre as the effect is, it's trumped by orders of magnitude by things I've experienced in dreams and things like meditation, "soul travel" and mystical experience. Even these can lead to an ungroundedness that can make living "in the world" very difficult. One could name Catholic saints who lead some very bizarre - to the world - existences.

As for opening gates to demons, sure, although I'd say it's opening the way for consciousness of other material or spiritual realms in which the presence and activity of demons is more immediately experiencable, and it can certainly bring harrowing experiences that lead to oppression etc and even insanity for those who lack mental fortitude. The Church forbids them for good reason, though I wouldn't say use of these substances is intrinsically evil. For instance, what generally happens with "astral projection", when people unwittingly experience the beginnigns of it, is them being confronted by some evil spiritual force and being terrified out of it, which is taken as an indicator that "astral projection" is evil, which is a ridiculous inference if you think about it when humans have this natural ability, that can only have been given by God, to do it, and the "it's a demonic illusion" story just doesn't fly with us who've been experiencing the undeniable reality of it since we were kids; the contrary claim, that demons come to scare one out of doing it, or that the demons are just there anyway but one can't see them in a normal state of consciousness, is far more probable, especially once one has begun to explore and understand the dynamics of this world behind the world and witness the sheer beauty of it.

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian, Padraig