Author Topic: Pope Benedict XV authorized Mediatrix of All Graces on May 31st in some dioceses  (Read 295 times)

Offline Xavier

• Mary Co-Redemptrix, Our Lady of Sorrows and Queen of Martyrs, Save us and the Whole World. Sweet Immaculate Heart of Mary, make of Papa Mario-Francis a Great Saint. Deign to preserve the Hierarchy, Clergy and Religious in the Truth of the Catholic Faith.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
From: http://www.rosarychurch.net/english/mediatrix.html Mother Church applies these words of Ecclesiasticus "In Me is all Grace of the way and of the truth, in Me is all hope of life and of virtue. Come over to Me, all ye that desire Me, and be filled with My fruits." (Sir 24:25,26) to Mary, singing in the Gradual "Alleluia, alleluia. Hail Mother of mercy, Mother of hope and grace, O Mary, alleluia." And such praises of Our Lady, Seat of Wisdom, abound in the Wisdom and Sapiental Books. See Wisdom 10, for e.g., where almost every grace ever given is attributed to the Powerful Intercession, both of Incarnate Wisdom, Who is Our Lord Jesus Christ; and of Our Lady, Seat of Wisdom, on account of which the feminine pronoun She is so often used here, as in Proverbs, Wisdom, Sirach etc.

Hebrew Literature used to attribute many of these texts to Shekinah, the Mysterious Bride of God's Spirit Who dwelt in the very Glory of God see http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13537-shekinah; was foreshadowed by the Ark of the Covenant, and in the Bush burnt but not consumed, without understanding it fully. The Church Fathers recognized these as prefigurements of the Blessed Mother, Her giving Birth to Christ as a Virgin through the Fire of the Holy Spirit, and Her dispensing all graces like the Ark that was the Tabernacle from which God gave His Grace. See also: https://stpaulcenter.com/the-burning-bush-theotokos-in-the-old-testament/

It can hardly be doubted in light of these texts that just as Our Lord Jesus Christ by His merits atoned for the sins of all men and all women of all time, so also the most Blessed Virgin Mary, by Her powerful prayers, obtained graces for all peoples of all time. Thoughts?

From a modern translation, Wis 10:10"She, when a righteous man* fled from his brother’s anger, guided him in right ways, Showed him the kingdom of God and gave him knowledge of holy things; She prospered him in his labors and made abundant the fruit of his works, 11 Stood by him against the greed of his defrauders, and enriched him; 12 She preserved him from foes, and secured him against ambush, And she gave him the prize for his hard struggle that he might know that devotion to God* is mightier than all else.l

13 She did not abandon a righteous man* when he was sold,but rescued him from sin. 14 She went down with him into the dungeon, and did not desert him in his bonds, Until she brought him the scepter of royalty and authority over his oppressors, Proved false those who had defamed him, and gave him eternal glory.

15 The holy people and their blameless descendants—it was she who rescued them from the nation that oppressed them. 16 She entered the soul of the Lord’s servant,* and withstood fearsome kings with signs and wonders; 17 she gave the holy ones the reward of their labors, Conducted them by a wondrous road, became a shelter for them by day, a starry flame by night.

18 She took them across the Red Sea and brought them through the deep waters.

19 Their enemies she overwhelmed, and churned them up* from the bottom of the depths.

20 Therefore the righteous despoiled the wicked; and they sang of your holy name, Lord,and praised in unison your conquering hand,

* [10:10–12] Jacob.

* [10:12] Devotion to God: in the Greek this signifies “piety” or “religion,” and is the equivalent of the Hebrew “fear of the Lord”; cf. Prv 1:7.

* [10:13–14] Joseph.

* [10:16] Moses.

* [10:19] Churned them up: casting their bodies on the shore." Taken from: http://www.usccb.org/bible/wisdom/10

Dr. Marshall has another decent article here: https://taylormarshall.com/2011/05/is-mary-mediatrix-of-all-graces.html One qualification regarding the article: Marshall believes Mediatrix of All Graces, which Pope Benedict XV approved, but says Vatican II is ok for using Mediatrix only. As Traditionalists, we should rather regret that Vatican II used Mediatrix but not Mediatrix of All Graces - though former Papal Magisterium had already done it - and wrongly chose not to define this doctrine dogmatically and extend this feast universally, as would have been so pleasing to God and His Mother, according to Their Manifest Will revealed to so many Saints. Archbishop Lefebvre, Cardinal Siri, Cardinal Ottaviani and many other staunchly anti-Modernist prelates were in favor of a dogmatic definition of this doctrine.

This is +ABL later on: "isn't it better to say, with a more profound truth, "Where Mary is, there is the Church."

Because it is through Mary that the Apostles were made founders of the Church. And Mary cannot err, Mary is infallible. Mary cannot sin, She is Immaculate, conceived without sin. She is holy, perfect and She is the light of truth, and that is what She communicated to the Apostles. Therefore, as far as the Apostles and St. Peter continued to be united to Mary in the Spirit of Truth, in the Spirit of Holiness, YES, O YES, we are with the Popes, we are with the Church because She continues Her holy work ... What would we do? Whom would we turn to? Quite simply, we would stay with Mary. We would surround Her as the apostles did on Pentecost Sunday. And we would remain with Her in the Spirit of Truth and Holiness.

You should all know from history, that Mary didn't want to have influence over the Church, only during it's first fifteen years, while She was still on this earth. She has, throughout the centuries, watched over Her Church and watched over Her Apostles, She has appeared again and again reminding us of the Spirit of Truth. The last time She did this was at Fatima, and She gave a secret which She wanted to be published in 1960..." Please see: http://www.sspxasia.com/Documents/Archbishop-Lefebvre/Ubi-Maria-Ibi-Ecclesia.htm
.Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

Daily Morning Offering: O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary,  I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the Altars  throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word, and action of this day. I desire to gain every Indulgence and Merit I can, offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, Whom Thou hast appointed the dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular  [Here kiss your Brown Scapular] that She may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Amen.

Consecration to Our Blessed Mother: My Queen, my Mother! I give myself entirely to Thee, and to show my devotion to Thee I consecrate to Thee this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve, Wherefore, good Mother, as I am Thine own, keep me, guard me, as Thy property and possession." http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/morning-offering.htm

"I am the Lady of the Rosary. Pray the Rosary (i.e. 15 decades; 5 decades is a part of the Rosary) every day to obtain Peace for the World." ~ Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima.

Offline Kreuzritter

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Because it is through Mary that the Apostles were made founders of the Church.

What?

And Mary cannot err, Mary is infallible.

Can any Saint err?

What would we do? Whom would we turn to?

To Jesus Christ, Alpha and Omega, man and God and the one mediator between them, as always.

She has, throughout the centuries, watched over Her Church and watched over Her Apostles

It is Jesus Christ's Church and Jesus Christ's Apostles, not Mary's.

The following users thanked this post: aquinas138, abc123

Offline Xavier

• Mary Co-Redemptrix, Our Lady of Sorrows and Queen of Martyrs, Save us and the Whole World. Sweet Immaculate Heart of Mary, make of Papa Mario-Francis a Great Saint. Deign to preserve the Hierarchy, Clergy and Religious in the Truth of the Catholic Faith.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
OTHER SAINTS ON MARY, MEDIATRIX From: https://www.tldm.org/news5/mediatrix1.htm

St. Cyril of Alexandria: "Hail Mary Theotokos, venerable treasure of the whole world, light unextinguished, crown of virginity, sceptre of orthodoxy, indestructible temple, which contains the uncontainable... it is through you that the Holy Trinity is glorified and adored, through you, the precious cross is venerated and adored throughout the whole world, through you that heaven is in gladness, that angels and archangels rejoice that demons are put to flight, through you that the tempter, the devil is cast from heaven, through you that the fallen creature is raised up to heaven, through you that all creation, once imprisoned in idolatry, has reached knowledge of the truth, that the faithful obtain baptism and the oil of joy, churches have been founded in the whole world, that peoples are led to conversion." [7]

St. Gregory Palamas:  “No divine gift can reach either angels or men, save through her mediation. As one cannot enjoy the light of a lamp … save through the medium of this lamp, so every movement towards God, every impulse towards good coming from Him is unrealizable save through the mediation of the Virgin. She does not cease to spread benefits on all creatures….” [15]

St. Louis De Montfort: "To Mary, His faithful spouse, God the Holy Ghost has communicated His unspeakable gifts; and He has chosen her to be the dispensatrix of all He possesses, in such sort that she distributes to whom she wills, as much as she wills, as she wills and when she wills, all His gifts and graces. The Holy Ghost gives no heavenly gift to men which does not pass through her virginal hands." [17]

St. Alphonsus Liguori: "God, who gave us Jesus Christ, wills that all graces that have been, that are, and will be dispensed to men to the end of the world through the merits of Jesus Christ, should be dispensed by the hands and through the intercession of Mary." (The Glories of Mary, Ch. 5).  Against the contention that this doctrine is "a pious exaggeration," St. Alphonsus replied, "I consider it as indubitably true that all graces are dispensed by Mary.” [18]

THE EASTERN LITURGIES

In one of the tropars of the Coptic liturgy we read that our salvation is insured "because every help come to the faithful through Mary, the Mother of God.” [26]  A prayer in the Syriac liturgy read, "How can I praise thee duly, O most chaste Virgin? For thou alone among men art all‑holy; and thou givest to all the help and grace they need.” [27] The Armenian liturgy has the following prayer: “Rejoice, 0 Mother of God, throne of salvation and hope of the human race, Mediatrix of law and grace.” [28] And the Chaldean liturgy has this beautiful prayer: “O Queen of queens, all rich, enrich thy servants with benefits, O Mother of the Most High. For He has made thee the dispensatrix of His treasures and the universal Queen. It is in thy bosom that He has placed His treasures, and in thee He has gathered graces as in a sea, and He has made thee the source of life for mortals…” [29]

Quote from: Kreuzritter
What?

Well, Kreuz, Archbishop +Lefebvre is stating that the Apostles received the Grace of their Apostolic mission from Jesus through Mary, just as every other grace originates in the Sacred Heart of Jesus and comes to us from Him through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

To Jesus Christ, Alpha and Omega, man and God and the one mediator between them, as always.

Certainly, to Jesus Christ, True God and True Man, the Eternal Word made Incarnate Flesh. And also to His Holy Mother, Whom He has made Mother and Mediatrix of His Grace for us His Children. (Jn 19:26-27, Luk 1:39-44, Sir 24:24-26 etc)

It is Jesus Christ's Church ...

Many Saints have compared the Blessed Mother to the Mystical Neck in the Mystical Body of Christ, the perfectly sanctified channel, wholly united to Him, transformed through theosis, through Whom the Head sanctifies the members still requiring sanctification.

St. Louis Marie De Montfort: "24. God the Son imparted to his mother all that he gained by his life and death, namely, his infinite merits and his eminent virtues. He made her the treasurer of all his Father had given him as heritage. Through her he applies his merits to his members and through her he transmits his virtues and distributes his graces. She is his mystical channel, his aqueduct, through which he causes his mercies to flow gently and abundantly. 25. God the Holy Spirit entrusted his wondrous gifts to Mary, his faithful spouse, and chose her as the dispenser of all he possesses, so that she distributes all his gifts and graces to whom she wills, as much as she wills, how she wills and when she wills. No heavenly gift is given to men which does not pass through her virginal hands. Such indeed is the will of God, who has decreed that we should have all things through Mary, so that, making herself poor and lowly,, and hiding herself in the depths of nothingness during her whole life, she might be enriched, exalted and honoured by almighty God. Such are the views of the Church and the early Fathers." https://www.ewtn.com/library/Montfort/TRUEDEVO.HTM
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 02:53:15 PM by Xavier »
.Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

Daily Morning Offering: O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary,  I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the Altars  throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word, and action of this day. I desire to gain every Indulgence and Merit I can, offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, Whom Thou hast appointed the dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular  [Here kiss your Brown Scapular] that She may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Amen.

Consecration to Our Blessed Mother: My Queen, my Mother! I give myself entirely to Thee, and to show my devotion to Thee I consecrate to Thee this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve, Wherefore, good Mother, as I am Thine own, keep me, guard me, as Thy property and possession." http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/morning-offering.htm

"I am the Lady of the Rosary. Pray the Rosary (i.e. 15 decades; 5 decades is a part of the Rosary) every day to obtain Peace for the World." ~ Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima.

Offline Kreuzritter

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
OTHER SAINTS ON MARY, MEDIATRIX From: https://www.tldm.org/news5/mediatrix1.htm

I'm not disputing Mary as Mediatrix.

Quote from: Kreuzritter
What?

Well, Kreuz, Archbishop +Lefebvre is stating that the Apostles received the Grace of their Apostolic mission from Jesus through Mary, just as every other grace originates in the Sacred Heart of Jesus and comes to us from Him through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Well, that's not doctrine, except the latter portion in an historical sense of being the Theotokos.

Certainly, to Jesus Christ, True God and True Man, the Eternal Word made Incarnate Flesh. And also to His Holy Mother, Whom He has made Mother and Mediatrix of His Grace for us His Children. (Jn 19:26-27, Luk 1:39-44, Sir 24:24-26 etc)

The author asked what we would do and to whom we would turn without Mary. The way its phrased implies we are helpless without Mary, which smacks, frankly, of a Marioloatry that conflicts with the Gospel. Mary is a help. She is not my rock, she is not my saviour and she is not my God - and she is not the one I turn to first or last.

It is Jesus Christ's Church ...

Many Saints have compared the Blessed Mother to the Mystical Neck in the Mystical Body of Christ, the perfectly sanctified channel, wholly united to Him, transformed through theosis, through Whom the Head sanctifies the members still requiring sanctification.

It is nevertheless not Mary's Church.

St. Louis Marie De Montfort: "24. God the Son imparted to his mother all that he gained by his life and death, namely, his infinite merits and his eminent virtues. He made her the treasurer of all his Father had given him as heritage. Through her he applies his merits to his members and through her he transmits his virtues and distributes his graces. She is his mystical channel, his aqueduct, through which he causes his mercies to flow gently and abundantly. 25. God the Holy Spirit entrusted his wondrous gifts to Mary, his faithful spouse, and chose her as the dispenser of all he possesses, so that she distributes all his gifts and gracesto whom she wills, as much as she wills, how she wills and when she wills. No heavenly gift is given to men which does not pass through her virginal hands. Such indeed is the will of God, who has decreed that we should have all things through Mary, so that, making herself poor and lowly,, and hiding herself in the depths of nothingness during her whole life, she might be enriched, exalted and honoured by almighty God. Such are the views of the Church and the early Fathers." https://www.ewtn.com/library/Montfort/TRUEDEVO.HTM

Yes, this is not doctrine. It's an opinon. And the bolded portion, frankly, conflicts with the teaching of the Church. It certainly appear incompatible, by placing the will of a third party between God and the individual man, with both Thomism and Molinism, unless we want to say that Mary does naught but the will of her Son, in which case it is redundant.

The following users thanked this post: aquinas138

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Xavier,
I agree with you. We receive all graces through the hands of the B.V.M.
Thanks for your posts.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Xavier

Offline Lynne

• happy to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • We're all special snowflakes
  • Religion: Catholic (SSPX)
Xavier,
I agree with you. We receive all graces through the hands of the B.V.M.
Thanks for your posts.

Agree.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
Thanks, Lynne and Mike. Just as was the case with the sacred dogma of the Immaculate Conception before the dogmatic definition, we see that the Church has clearly begun to teach more and more explicitly and more and more universally that Mary Immaculate, being the Sole Bride of the Holy Spirit, is the Mystical Channel through which all His Grace's come to His Creatures; and based on those Papal and Magisterial texts, we can draw the reasonable conclusion that this sacred doctrine will be the next explicitly defined Marian Dogma; the Fifth after (1) Her Divine Maternity, (2) Her Perpetual Virginity (3) Her Immaculate Conception (4) Her glorious Assumption into Heaven, and Coronation there as Sole Queen of Heaven (Rev 12:1, as we can discuss in the other thread), defined by Pope. Ven. Pius XII. Hey, I just noticed 12 Stars, 12th chapter Pius XII! :D

Anyway, to the thread, yes, Kreuzritter, it is Catholic Doctrine, Kreuzritter, taught, by the Popes, Saints and Doctors. Here for e.g. is Pope Leo XIII.

From Iucunda Semper Expectatione, Sep. 8th, 1894. Also, Kreuz, you say you accept Mary as Mediatrix. Do you believe Mary is Mediatrix of all God's Grace's, being Permanent Bride of His Holy Spirit, or do you perhaps find that harder to believe? Also, Catholics should try to avoid using Protestant terms like Mariolatry and Papalotry. The Church never does.

"2. The recourse we have to Mary in prayer follows upon the office she continuously fills by the side of the throne of God as Mediatrix of Divine grace; being by worthiness and by merit most acceptable to Him, and, therefore, surpassing in power all the angels and saints in Heaven. Now, this merciful office of hers, perhaps, appears in no other form of prayer so manifestly as it does in the Rosary. For in the Rosary all the part that Mary took as our co-Redemptress comes to us, as it were, set forth, and in such wise as though the facts were even then taking place; and this with much profit to our piety, whether in the contemplation of the succeeding sacred mysteries, or in the prayers which we speak and repeat with the lips. First come the Joyful Mysteries. The Eternal Son of God stoops to mankind, putting on its nature; but with the assent of Mary, who conceives Him by the Holy Ghost. Then St. John the Baptist, by a singular privilege, is sanctified in his mother's womb and favoured with special graces that he might prepare the way of the Lord; and this comes to pass by the greeting of Mary who had been inspired to visit her cousin. At last the expected of nations comes to light, Christ the Saviour. The Virgin bears Him. And when the Shepherds and the wise men, first-fruits of the Christian faith, come with longing to His cradle, they find there the young Child, with Mary, His Mother. Then, that He might before men offer Himself as a victim to His Heavenly Father, He desires to be taken to the Temple; and by the hands of Mary He is there presented to the Lord. It is Mary who, in the mysterious losing of her Son, seeks Him sorrowing, and finds Him again with joy. And the same truth is told again in the sorrowful mysteries.

3. In the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus is in an agony; in the judgment-hall, where He is scourged, crowned with thorns, condemned to death, not there do we find Mary. But she knew beforehand all these agonies; she knew and saw them. When she professed herself the handmaid of the Lord for the mother's office, and when, at the foot of the altar, she offered up her whole self with her Child Jesus-then and thereafter she took her part in the laborious expiation made by her Son for the sins of the world. It is certain, therefore, that she suffered in the very depths of her soul with His most bitter sufferings and with His torments. Moreover, it was before the eyes of Mary that was to be finished the Divine Sacrifice for which she had borne and brought up the Victim. As we contemplate Him in the last and most piteous of those Mysteries, there stood by the Cross of Jesus His Mother, who, in a miracle of charity, so that she might receive us as her sons, offered generously to Divine Justice her own Son, and died in her heart with Him, stabbed with the sword of sorrow.

4. Thence the Rosary takes us on to the Glorious Mysteries, wherein likewise is revealed the mediation of the great Virgin, still more abundant in fruitfulness. She rejoices in heart over the glory of her Son triumphant over death, and follows Him with a mother's love in His Ascension to His eternal kingdom; but, though worthy of Heaven, she abides a while on earth, so that the infant Church may be directed and comforted by her "who penetrated, beyond all belief, into the deep secrets of Divine wisdom" (St. Bernard). Nevertheless, for the fulfilment of the task of human redemption there remains still the coming of the Holy Ghost, promised by Christ. And behold, Mary is in the room, and there, praying with the Apostles and entreating for them with sobs and tears, she hastens for the Church the coming of the Spirit, the Comforter, the supreme gift of Christ, the treasure that will never fail. And later, without measure and without end will she be able to plead our cause, passing upon a day to the life immortal. Therefore we behold her taken up from this valley of tears into the heavenly Jerusalem, amid choirs of Angels. And we honour her, glorified above all the Saints, crowned with stars by her Divine Son and seated at His side the sovereign Queen of the universe.

5. If in all this series of Mysteries, Venerable Brethren, are developed the counsels of God in regard to us -  "counsels of wisdom and of tenderness" (St. Bernard) - not less apparent is the greatness of the benefits for which we are debtors to the Virgin Mother. No man can meditate upon these without feeling a new awakening in his heart of confidence that he will certainly obtain through Mary the fulness of the mercies of God. And to this end vocal prayer chimes well with the Mysteries. First, as is meet and right, comes the Lord's Prayer, addressed to Our Father in Heaven: and having, with the elect petitions dictated by Our Divine Master, called upon the Father, from the throne of His Majesty we turn our prayerful voices to Mary. Thus is confirmed that law of merciful meditation of which We have spoken, and which St. Bernardine of Siena thus expresses: "Every grace granted to man has three degrees in order; for by God it is communicated to Christ, from Christ it passes to the Virgin, and from the Virgin it descends to us."And we, by the very form of the Rosary, do linger longest, and, as it were, by preference upon the last and lowest of these steps, repeating by decades the Angelic Salutation, so that with greater confidence we may thence attain to the higher degrees-that is, may rise, by means of Christ, to the Divine Father. For if thus we again and again greet Mary, it is precisely that our failing and defective prayers may be strengthened with the necessary confidence; as though we pledged her to pray for us, and as it were in our name, to God."

God bless.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 09:11:44 AM by Xavier »