Author Topic: PCP's 15 year search for "The Church and Salvation.." by Msgr. Fenton  (Read 174 times)

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
In 2004 my mother requested a book from Preserving Christian Publications that was then out of print: The Church and Salvation: In the Light of Recent Pronouncements by the Holy See by Msgr. Joseph Clifford Fenton.

The book since came into print, so my mother bought (more than) one (not from PCP), brand new; I have one.  Fenton fought the changes coming in VII, so it is a very good book. 

Now, in 2019, 15 years from when the book was first requested, PCP sent my mother (who passed away years ago, so I got it) a letter saying that they found a 1958 original copy of the book, for $64!

The main reason I'm writing this is to commend PCP's tenaciousness, although they missed the boat in not finding it as a new book!

But if you want the book now it is again hard to find - out of stock at Angelus Press, and not on Amazon; but I did find it for $18 here:  https://www.daughtersofmarypress.com/store/item_view.php?id=1000068&item=the-catholic-church-and-salvation). Or you can call PCP and ask if the $64 original is still available - it's not reserved for my mom or me!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:16:45 PM by Non Nobis »
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Gardener

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: PCP's 15 year search for "The Church and Salvation.." by Msgr. Fenton
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 08:18:00 AM »
Can you clarify/elucidate what conclusions he draws in the book?

Are those conclusions built upon binding or non-binding statements?

"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Providence is a present mystery by which our hope is confirmed and our faith solidified, if we give not into despair or disbelief.

Offline Kephapaulos

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic

The following users thanked this post: Lynne