Justice Roberts

Started by james03, February 10, 2019, 03:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

He sold out again on a Louisiana law that limited abortions.

His decision on Odumba care was so stupid I was convinced then that he was owned.  It's now confirmed.  This is why they are giving RBG daily transfusions of infant blood, most likely.  Heck she might already be dead.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Heinrich

Of course. The SC is the "queen" piece on the oligarchial chessboard. Scalia may have been checkmate. What were some of the originalists' writings contra a "supreme" court?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lambda Phage

Not that it's ok, but the matter has been distorted a little. The court did not really rule on the law. It is only temporarily blocked until the court can actually take up the case next year.

That's the ruling that's going to matter. He might be a swing vote then, or for all we know RBG will be dead and Roberts won't matter.

Antoninus

There have been rumors that he is being blackmailed. I don't know if I buy that. I think he was just another bad pick by a GOP president as Souter, Kennedy and O'Connor also turned out to be.

TradGranny

Quote from: james03 on February 10, 2019, 03:55:51 PM

His decision on Odumba care was so stupid I was convinced then that he was owned.  It's now confirmed.  This is why they are giving RBG daily transfusions of infant blood, most likely.  Heck she might already be dead.

Agreed. Did you see the look on his face when he came out the door after voting for Obamacare? He looked very scared; I think he'd been threatened.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Heinrich

Quote from: TradGranny on February 12, 2019, 04:55:38 PM

Agreed. Did you see the look on his face when he came out the door after voting for Obamacare? He looked very scared; I think he'd been threatened.

Do you think he avoided being " Scaliaed"?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Xavier

At least Alito and Thomas, picks by President Bush and his father, have proven somewhat reliable. I hope Gorsuch and Kavanaugh prove the same. We need some concrete decisions to say for sure - even with Roberts, we don't know which way he'll go on the final vote. I would like to see very strongly pro-life Justices appointed when the next vacancies come. Judge Pryor is one of the strongest.

Anyway, good news is lots of progress on the state level, e.g. Ohio, Tenessee etc: sooner or later, the Courts will be forced to take an explicit stand. "COLUMBUS - Ohio has never been so close to helping to overturn the landmark abortion access decision, Roe v. Wade, advocates and opponents of abortion access say. With a promised signature from Gov. Mike DeWine and backing from the state's most powerful anti-abortion lobbyists, Ohio could soon become the next state to ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected, which can be as soon as six weeks gestation. The bill that former Gov. John Kasich vetoed just weeks ago is making a comeback.

Ohio's GOP-controlled Legislature fell just one vote shy of the higher threshold needed to override Kasich's veto in December. Without Kasich's opposition, the bill is expected to pass easily." https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/29/heartbeat-abortion-ban-return-ohio-right-lifes-support/2667770002/

And "NASHVILLE, Tenn.--A proposed Tennessee bill would criminalize abortions and attempted abortions as a Class C felony." https://fox17.com/news/local/tennessee-bill-would-charge-anyone-who-performs-or-attempts-abortion-with-a-felony

Everything depends on prayer for real victories to come and come fast. I hope Roberts stays strong and makes the right decision for life when the final vote on the Louisiana case comes. Anyway, it's unfortunate. I believe there are only 3 abortionist killing centers in Louisiana and if Roberts had voted to allow the law to go ahead here, only 1 killing center would have remained. Is that right?
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

TradGranny

Quote from: Heinrich on February 12, 2019, 07:46:46 PM
Quote from: TradGranny on February 12, 2019, 04:55:38 PM

Do you think he avoided being " Scaliaed"?

From the look on his face, I think his family members were threatened.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Gardener

To go after a Justice after a controversial ruling would be too obvious. His nephew dying of a heroin overdose? etc? Believable.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

King Wenceslas

A Nun said once to my wife and I that America is hopelessly liberal to the core.

The Supreme Court is a text book case of it. No matter who you put there they invariable turn out to be liberals just with different flavors.