Author Topic: Justice Roberts  (Read 455 times)

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
Justice Roberts
« on: February 10, 2019, 04:55:51 PM »
He sold out again on a Louisiana law that limited abortions.

His decision on Odumba care was so stupid I was convinced then that he was owned.  It's now confirmed.  This is why they are giving RBG daily transfusions of infant blood, most likely.  Heck she might already be dead.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
Re: Justice Roberts
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 08:09:22 PM »
Of course. The SC is the "queen" piece on the oligarchial chessboard. Scalia may have been checkmate. What were some of the originalists' writings contra a "supreme" court?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Lambda Phage

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 09:39:22 AM »
Not that it's ok, but the matter has been distorted a little. The court did not really rule on the law. It is only temporarily blocked until the court can actually take up the case next year.

That's the ruling that's going to matter. He might be a swing vote then, or for all we know RBG will be dead and Roberts won't matter.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich

Offline Antoninus

• Korporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 05:24:04 PM »
There have been rumors that he is being blackmailed. I don't know if I buy that. I think he was just another bad pick by a GOP president as Souter, Kennedy and O'Connor also turned out to be.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 08:57:45 AM by Antoninus »

The following users thanked this post: Josephine87

Offline TradGranny

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 05:55:38 PM »

His decision on Odumba care was so stupid I was convinced then that he was owned.  It's now confirmed.  This is why they are giving RBG daily transfusions of infant blood, most likely.  Heck she might already be dead.

Agreed. Did you see the look on his face when he came out the door after voting for Obamacare? He looked very scared; I think he'd been threatened.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 08:46:46 PM »

Agreed. Did you see the look on his face when he came out the door after voting for Obamacare? He looked very scared; I think he'd been threatened.

Do you think he avoided being " Scaliaed"?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Xavier

• Immaculate Heart of Divine Mother Mary, Save us and the Whole World. Sweet Heart of Immaculate Mary, make of Pope Mario-Francis a Great Saint. Purest Immaculate Heart of Mary, Preserve the Hierarchy, Clergy and Religious in the Truth of the Catholic Faith
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 06:09:53 AM »
At least Alito and Thomas, picks by President Bush and his father, have proven somewhat reliable. I hope Gorsuch and Kavanaugh prove the same. We need some concrete decisions to say for sure - even with Roberts, we don't know which way he'll go on the final vote. I would like to see very strongly pro-life Justices appointed when the next vacancies come. Judge Pryor is one of the strongest.

Anyway, good news is lots of progress on the state level, e.g. Ohio, Tenessee etc: sooner or later, the Courts will be forced to take an explicit stand. "COLUMBUS - Ohio has never been so close to helping to overturn the landmark abortion access decision, Roe v. Wade, advocates and opponents of abortion access say. With a promised signature from Gov. Mike DeWine and backing from the state's most powerful anti-abortion lobbyists, Ohio could soon become the next state to ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected, which can be as soon as six weeks gestation. The bill that former Gov. John Kasich vetoed just weeks ago is making a comeback.

Ohio's GOP-controlled Legislature fell just one vote shy of the higher threshold needed to override Kasich's veto in December. Without Kasich's opposition, the bill is expected to pass easily." https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/29/heartbeat-abortion-ban-return-ohio-right-lifes-support/2667770002/

And "NASHVILLE, Tenn.--A proposed Tennessee bill would criminalize abortions and attempted abortions as a Class C felony." https://fox17.com/news/local/tennessee-bill-would-charge-anyone-who-performs-or-attempts-abortion-with-a-felony

Everything depends on prayer for real victories to come and come fast. I hope Roberts stays strong and makes the right decision for life when the final vote on the Louisiana case comes. Anyway, it's unfortunate. I believe there are only 3 abortionist killing centers in Louisiana and if Roberts had voted to allow the law to go ahead here, only 1 killing center would have remained. Is that right?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:16:11 AM by Xavier »
Please Consecrate yourself to the Immaculate Heart daily, especially in the Sacred Month of August: Do never secede for any pretended reason from the Pope and the Bishops, and pray and work for the Pope and the Bishops to Consecrate Russia one day, as they infallibly will quite soon. Consecrate Russia yourself in Communion and in Union with the Pope and Bishops. Please consecrate aborted babies every day. You can save unborn children with every prayer for their Baptism that you say and help efficaciously end terrible abortion-killing worldwide.

Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. Please also offer the Precious Blood of Jesus' Heart to the Eternal Father, and our Lives in Sacrifice in Union with It, and with Mary's Immaculate Heart, that Jerusalem may be saved, Judah be restored, and the Jews may at long last happily be returned to saving Faith in Jesus Christ.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Acolyte, Lambda Phage, Josephine87

Offline TradGranny

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 07:37:26 PM »

Do you think he avoided being " Scaliaed"?

From the look on his face, I think his family members were threatened.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 07:49:43 PM »
To go after a Justice after a controversial ruling would be too obvious. His nephew dying of a heroin overdose? etc? Believable.
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Providence is a present mystery by which our hope is confirmed and our faith solidified, if we give not into despair or disbelief.

Offline King Wenceslas

• Wachtmeister
  • A manifest heretic cannot be a Pope
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 02:08:58 PM »
A Nun said once to my wife and I that America is hopelessly liberal to the core.

The Supreme Court is a text book case of it. No matter who you put there they invariable turn out to be liberals just with different flavors.