Author Topic: Cardinal Mueller issues a Manifesto of Doctrinal Correction  (Read 536 times)

Offline Acolyte

• Korporal
  • Soli Deo gloria
  • Religion: RC
Re: Cardinal Mueller issues a Manifesto of Doctrinal Correction
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 11:26:24 AM »
To whom is this manifesto addressed? It was dated 10 January 2019. Why is it only now public?

Where did you see the date indicated ?

Offline Bonaventure

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 11:45:10 AM »
To be very honest, I do not understand why Catholics rally behind this man. I remember way back in 2012 when Benedict XVI appointed this man to head the CDF. He has made so rather scandalous statements, such as "Catholics and Protestants are united in the visible Church."

That is such rank modernism that equals this blasphemous "God wills diversity in religion" remark.

The following users thanked this post: King Wenceslas, bigbadtrad, martin88nyc

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 12:12:00 PM »
If Greg were still here he would say something to the effect: "Fraternal corrections" "Fraternal Smorections!"; this man along with the whole lot of them ought to have a millstone tied around their wretched necks and dropped into the depth of the sea!"
Unfortunately, I just can't "do a decent Greg, rant".
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: bigbadtrad

Offline St.Justin

• Feldwebel
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 02:27:52 PM »
To whom is this manifesto addressed? It was dated 10 January 2019. Why is it only now public?

February 8, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – Cardinal Gerhard Müller, the former head of the Vatican’s doctrinal office, has released a Manifesto which reads like a correction of many of the doctrinal errors Pope Francis has taught during his tenure as Pope.

The cardinal's intention was to release the manifesto on February 10. That date is the eve of the anniversary of Pope Benedict’s announcement in 2013 that he would abdicate his papal office, as well as the eve of the cardinal's own ordination to the priesthood. However, a Polish website broke the embargo and thus the document is being released today.

Offline Josephine87

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 03:04:48 PM »
To be very honest, I do not understand why Catholics rally behind this man. I remember way back in 2012 when Benedict XVI appointed this man to head the CDF. He has made so rather scandalous statements, such as "Catholics and Protestants are united in the visible Church."

That is such rank modernism that equals this blasphemous "God wills diversity in religion" remark.

Seven years ago I wasn't Catholic either. Not that I trust this man.
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

“My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Offline St.Justin

• Feldwebel
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 07:32:35 PM »
Disn't take long. I expected as they did with Archbishop Vigano that would just hope it would go away. Cardinal Muller must have really got to them.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/cardinal-kasper-says-muellers-manifesto-spreads-confusion-and-division-44881

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 08:39:54 PM »
Disn't take long. I expected as they did with Archbishop Vigano that would just hope it would go away. Cardinal Muller must have really got to them.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/cardinal-kasper-says-muellers-manifesto-spreads-confusion-and-division-44881

"Cardinal Kasper says Mueller’s manifesto spreads ‘confusion and division"

Your darn right it spreads division.  They are taking sides.  Some what modernists against the extreme modernists.  I remember quite a few years ago, possibly in the other forum saying that we are going to have to side with the not so extreme modernists if we want to see the start of the correction.  I say that because they are all modernists, probably over 90 percent anyway.  If we don't side with the not so extreme modernists we will never see the start of a correction.   
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The following users thanked this post: Acolyte, Xavier

Offline Acolyte

• Korporal
  • Soli Deo gloria
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 08:46:34 PM »

February 8, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – Cardinal Gerhard Müller, the former head of the Vatican’s doctrinal office, has released a Manifesto which reads like a correction of many of the doctrinal errors Pope Francis has taught during his tenure as Pope.

The cardinal's intention was to release the manifesto on February 10. That date is the eve of the anniversary of Pope Benedict’s announcement in 2013 that he would abdicate his papal office, as well as the eve of the cardinal's own ordination to the priesthood. However, a Polish website broke the embargo and thus the document is being released today.

I still don't see the date of January 10th.

Offline St.Justin

• Feldwebel
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 09:51:29 PM »

I still don't see the date of January 10th.
I don't either. I thought you were asking for the date. I have no idea where January came from.

Offline Acolyte

• Korporal
  • Soli Deo gloria
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 10:15:57 PM »
Geremia saw it somewhere.

Offline St.Justin

• Feldwebel
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 10:18:18 PM »
Geremia saw it somewhere.
what is really bothering me is that Rorate is not covering it.

Offline Acolyte

• Korporal
  • Soli Deo gloria

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline King Wenceslas

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 03:45:35 PM »
It’s nice to see that Mr. Muller still remembers the concepts of apostasy and Antichrist. Unfortunately, few people in the world have contributed more to the great religious delusion currently underway than Muller himself. Unlike what the conservative Novus Ordo and even some semi-trad web sites will lead you to believe, Muller is by no means an orthodox Catholic. He studied theology under the infamous “Cardinal” Karl Lehmann (1936-2018), who in turn had been a student of the notorious Modernist Fr. Karl Rahner (1904-1984).

I am not taking this as other than Mueller is seeing the NO ship is sinking and he has to go down and plug some holes or the host is going to sink to the bottom of the ocean.

The sheeple might abandon ship and who is going to man the oars as it heads to the bottom?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:49:17 PM by King Wenceslas »

Offline King Wenceslas

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2019, 04:19:54 PM »
"Catholics and Protestants are united in the visible Church."

Wow, says it all.

Take your pick.

1. Mueller - JPII NO
2. Francis - Radical NO

In the end it is all the same.