Author Topic: Cardinal Mueller issues a Manifesto of Doctrinal Correction  (Read 774 times)

Offline TheReturnofLive

• Korporal
  • Saint Thomas the Apostle, pray for me, a sinner!
  • Religion: I have no idea.

Offline Geremia

• Feldwebel
    • St. Isidore e-book library
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Cardinal Mueller issues a Manifesto of Doctrinal Correction
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:29:39 PM »
To whom is this manifesto addressed? It was dated 10 January 2019. Why is it only now public?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:33:13 PM by Geremia »

The following users thanked this post: Acolyte

Offline St.Justin

• Feldwebel
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:48:34 PM »
This is the most positive news to come out of Rome in 50 years. Wonder how long he has left. He bascially called the Pope an Anti-Christ.

The following users thanked this post: Acolyte, Traditionallyruralmom, TheReturnofLive

Offline Geremia

• Feldwebel
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 10:31:33 PM »
He bascially called the Pope an Anti-Christ.
Yes:
Quote from: Cdl. Müller
To keep silent about these and the other truths of the Faith and to teach people accordingly is the greatest deception against which the Catechism vigorously warns. It represents the last trial of the Church and leads man to a religious delusion, “the price of their apostasy” (CCC 675); it is the fraud of Antichrist. “He will deceive those who are lost by all means of injustice; for they have closed themselves to the love of the truth by which they should be saved” (2 Thess 2:10).

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 10:33:18 PM »
He writes at the beginning:
Quote from: Müller
According to John Paul II, the Catechism of the Catholic Church is a “safe standard for the doctrine of the faith” (Fidei Depositum IV).
(cf. "Is the New Catechism Catholic")I wonder why he's using it as the sole reference of his "quasi-correction"/"manifesto".

I didn't think Cardinal Müller was a traditionalist but a "Pope John Paul II yes/Pope Francis" no conservative. And he doesn't like the SSPX so the article you linked to wouldn't impress him.  It's no wonder he uses the CCC.

Maybe I'm being a bad traditionalist, but I've used parts of the CCC that are Catholic (according to what I know) to argue against someone who supports Pope Francis and Amoris Laetitia.  It's a big step (a kind of stepping-stool) in the right direction away from Pope Francis' heresy. It's a realistic step that some people are willing to make before they consider abandoning all recent Popes.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Offline Geremia

• Feldwebel
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 10:35:55 PM »
Maybe I'm being a bad traditionalist, but I've used parts of the CCC that are Catholic (according to what I know) to argue against someone who supports Pope Francis and Amoris Laetitia.  It's a big step (a kind of stepping-stool) in the right direction away from Pope Francis' heresy. It's a realistic step that some people are willing to make before they consider abandoning all recent Popes.
Using their poison against them like a Benedictine. :) Ipsa venena bibas.

The following users thanked this post: Philip G.

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 10:48:48 PM »
He bascially called the Pope an Anti-Christ.
Yes:
Quote from: Cdl. Müller
To keep silent about these and the other truths of the Faith and to teach people accordingly is the greatest deception against which the Catechism vigorously warns. It represents the last trial of the Church and leads man to a religious delusion, “the price of their apostasy” (CCC 675); it is the fraud of Antichrist. “He will deceive those who are lost by all means of injustice; for they have closed themselves to the love of the truth by which they should be saved” (2 Thess 2:10).

Maybe he thinks Pope Francis seems like an anti-Christ, but Pope John Paul II is still great.

That's a bit of a worry - that Francis is deposed and we go back to Novus Ordo land as usual (or with a vengeance).  But it is still important to fight Francis' teaching; even if there is no valid way to depose him we can much more strongly denounce him.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline Xavier

• Immaculate Heart of Divine Mother Mary, Save us and the Whole World. Sweet Heart of Immaculate Mary, make of Pope Mario-Francis a Great Saint. Purest Immaculate Heart of Mary, Preserve the Hierarchy, Clergy and Religious in the Truth of the Catholic Faith
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 11:34:02 PM »
Thank You Jesus. It's so good to see Prelates and Hierarchs in the Church behave as true Apostles and Shepherds. The Church triumphed over so many ancient errors, and will ultimately overcome all modern ones also. God bless Cardinal Mueller for this public testimony to Christ and to the Truths of the Catholic Faith. Salvation is in Christ alone. Horrible heresies that deny His Divinity are not willed by Him.
Please Consecrate yourself to the Immaculate Heart daily, especially in the Sacred Month of August: Do never secede for any pretended reason from the Pope and the Bishops, and pray and work for the Pope and the Bishops to Consecrate Russia one day, as they infallibly will quite soon. Consecrate Russia yourself in Communion and in Union with the Pope and Bishops. Please consecrate aborted babies every day. You can save unborn children with every prayer for their Baptism that you say and help efficaciously end terrible abortion-killing worldwide.

Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. Please also offer the Precious Blood of Jesus' Heart to the Eternal Father, and our Lives in Sacrifice in Union with It, and with Mary's Immaculate Heart, that Jerusalem may be saved, Judah be restored, and the Jews may at long last happily be returned to saving Faith in Jesus Christ.

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, Acolyte, Josephine87

Offline Kreuzritter

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 05:06:56 AM »
Simple. Straight. Excellent.

Everything neo-Modernism ain't.

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Geremia

• Feldwebel
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 02:46:49 PM »
Everything neo-Modernism ain't.
Yes, perhaps he's converted from Modernism to Catholicism. He was trained under Lehman, who was a student of Rahner.

Offline Acolyte

• Korporal
  • Soli Deo gloria
  • Religion: RC
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 06:33:14 PM »
Signed

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 07:37:59 PM »
I tried to find a PDF version of just the Manifesto by itself, but the link from LifeSiteNews didn't work.  But here's the Manifesto by itself on one website: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/column/manifesto-of-faith-3978.  (Of course the other info on LifeSiteNews was also important).

Online mikemac

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 07:54:42 PM »
Yeah here's the petition to sign if you want to support Cardinal Müller's doctrinal manifesto.

https://lifepetitions.com/petition/sign-cardinal-mullers-manifesto-of-faith
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, Acolyte, Xavier, martin88nyc

Offline clau clau

• My other bike is a Pinarello
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Traditionalist videogamer - I only play 8-bit video games
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 03:13:55 AM »
I am tired of all the 'doctrinal correction this' and 'apostolic letter that'. Wake me up when the Asteroid of Doom approaches.
Would you like to shake hands with Pope 1 or Pope 2 -
 me (inspired by Dr Seuss) see: https://seuss.fandom.com/wiki/Thing_One_and_Thing_Two

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.

The following users thanked this post: dust, awkwardcustomer, martin88nyc

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 08:58:51 AM »
Using their poison against them like a Benedictine. :) Ipsa venena bibas.

As far as I can tell, when Christ addressed the Sadducees, who only believed in the first 5 books, He only used the first 5 books to build His case. When addressing the Pharisees, He quoted from the Tanakh, who seemingly adhered to the current Rabbinic canon of the OT. He never argued in the NT w/ the Essenes, who held to the canon of the OT as held by Catholics, as evidenced by the books contained in the Dead Sea Scrolls, which mirrored the canon of, and in Hebrew largely agreed with, the Septuagint.

"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Providence is a present mystery by which our hope is confirmed and our faith solidified, if we give not into despair or disbelief.

The following users thanked this post: Josephine87