Author Topic: The All-Seeing Eye  (Read 1298 times)

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
The All-Seeing Eye
« on: February 02, 2019, 05:56:27 PM »
Is the All-Seeing Eye a christian symbol stolen by Freemasonry or something invented by the enemies of the Church?
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Online The Harlequin King

• Feldwebel
    • Modern Medievalism
Re: The All-Seeing Eye
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 06:06:13 PM »
It started out as a Christian symbol. It's debatable whether or not it's worth fighting to reclaim, but yeah, you can find all-seeing eyes in some churches.

The following users thanked this post: Vetus Ordo, Lynne, martin88nyc, TheReturnofLive

Offline TheReturnofLive

• Korporal
  • Saint Thomas the Apostle, pray for me, a sinner!
  • Religion: I have no idea.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 07:39:04 PM »
Freemasonry is known for stealing Christian concepts and ideas, and "secularizing" them.

For example, in the organizational structure Freemasonry, there is an Order of "the Red Cross of Constantine" based on the Catholic "Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George", the Masonic "Knights Templar" based on the Catholic "Knights Templar," the Masonic "Order of Malta" being based on the Catholic "Order of Malta," etc.

More than that, Masonry has it's own "Rites", which are basically individual organizations which are directly affiliated with each other within Masonry, much like how there are different "Rites" in Apostolic Churches which are in "communion with each other."

Heck, their God as the "Great Architect of the Universe" is a reference to Western Christian iconography, as is possibly their famous "compass and square" logo.

From the "Bible moralisée", an illuminated Bible from the 13th century - centuries before Freemasonry was formed

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 07:41:37 PM by TheReturnofLive »

The following users thanked this post: OCLittleFlower, Maximilian, Josephine87

Offline St.Justin

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 09:21:19 PM »
It is interesting to find that the Egyptian hieroglyph for their god Osiris contains an eye as shown below. So as with Hinduism and Buddhism we find a spiritual deity being represented in ancient times as an eye.

http://consciousreporter.com/conspiracy-against-consciousness/corruption-sacred-symbols-all-seeing-eye/

Offline St.Justin

• Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 09:24:27 PM »
There are only two rites in freemasonry. the York and scottish rites

Offline TheReturnofLive

• Korporal
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 11:17:18 PM »

Offline TheReturnofLive

• Korporal
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 11:50:30 PM »
It is interesting to find that the Egyptian hieroglyph for their god Osiris contains an eye as shown below. So as with Hinduism and Buddhism we find a spiritual deity being represented in ancient times as an eye.

http://consciousreporter.com/conspiracy-against-consciousness/corruption-sacred-symbols-all-seeing-eye/

It wouldn't surprise me if it was pagan in origin but the Church decided there was nothing intrinsically wrong with it, so why not keep it.

For example, in Russian and Ukrainian traditions, Lent involves a total abstinence from meat and dairy, and there is a massive festival dedicated to eating cheese called "Maslenitsa," mainly to get rid of all the dairy in the house. However, there is significant evidence that this is a Christianized pagan holiday, which originally was a day of sun-worship to mark the end of winter. The Church took it and made it Christian.

Same with the Western practice of "Christmastide," which doesn't coincidentally parallel "Yuletide."

For a modern example, in Alaska, the pagan Native Alaskans had a practice of making "Spirit Houses," so that the deceased could begin their journey to the next life.

The Russians who Christianized the state had no problems allowing such burials to happen for their dead.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/burial-spirit-houses
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:55:25 PM by TheReturnofLive »

Offline Philip G.

• Korporal
  • Ordinaria Cultus
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 12:20:47 AM »
I am not of the opinion that anti-christianity derives(steals/hijacks) its symbols directly from Christianity.  Indirectly yes, but directly no. I am of the opinion that anti-christianity planted such symbols under a different guise in the name of Christianity in order to lend them merit.  They then move the goal posts and encourage conclusions that seem to fill this conversation here thus far.  The funny thing is though, they confess to it.  Freemasons say before they were, they were the builders of the cathedrals.  And, it is believable for a number of reasons.  Their great architect emphasis does not betray that either.  It is from the horses mouth.  The all seeing eye as far as I am concerned was conceived in sin.  "If the eye is sound, the whole body is sound." 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 12:26:29 AM by Philip G. »
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Offline TheReturnofLive

• Korporal
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 12:34:08 AM »
Assuming that's even true, that doesn't change the fact that the Church saw nothing wrong with using it for centuries.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 12:41:17 AM by TheReturnofLive »

Offline TheReturnofLive

• Korporal
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 12:46:52 AM »
Now, what I find really fascinating is how the Muslims interpret the All-Seeing Eye.

Muslims, similarly to mainstream Christians, believe that there is an upcoming Antichrist, and Jesus will return to destroy him - although from what I know, they take it very literally in believing that Christ will literally kill him.

What's fascinating though is that, according to Muslim oral tradition, the Prophet Muhammad allegedly said the Antichrist (as they call, it "Dajjal") will have only one eye, and according to some accounts, he will also have the name "unbelief" written on his head that only true Muslims will be able to see.

When Muslims see the image of the All-Seeing Eye in Freemasonry, many interpret Freemasonry as a conspiratorial organization whose single, explicit, primary goal is to bring forth the Antichrist, primarily through the destruction of religion and demoralization, not seeing the "single eye" symbolism as a coincidence.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 01:00:28 AM by TheReturnofLive »

Offline Philip G.

• Korporal
  • Ordinaria Cultus
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 09:59:19 AM »
Assuming that's even true, that doesn't change the fact that the Church saw nothing wrong with using it for centuries.

That is only a fact if you trace our problems back to the french revolution and certainly no farther than the protestant revolt.  As for me, I am not in that company.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Offline Kreuzritter

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 11:27:51 AM »
Freemasonry is known for stealing Christian concepts and ideas, and "secularizing" them.

For example, in the organizational structure Freemasonry, there is an Order of "the Red Cross of Constantine" based on the Catholic "Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George", the Masonic "Knights Templar" based on the Catholic "Knights Templar," the Masonic "Order of Malta" being based on the Catholic "Order of Malta," etc.

More than that, Masonry has it's own "Rites", which are basically individual organizations which are directly affiliated with each other within Masonry, much like how there are different "Rites" in Apostolic Churches which are in "communion with each other."

Heck, their God as the "Great Architect of the Universe" is a reference to Western Christian iconography, as is possibly their famous "compass and square" logo.

From the "Bible moralisée", an illuminated Bible from the 13th century - centuries before Freemasonry was formed

The compass and square is a thinly-veiled hexagram in which the meanings of the two triangles in respect to the act of creation are, at least partially, symbolically represented.

Offline Kreuzritter

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 11:37:58 AM »
It's an unsettling symbol. While it is neutral, as expressing a simple metaphysical truth, namely it represents the Sun in the uppermost triangle of the hexagram, as the symbol of the illuminating intellect and the active creative power of the "third eye" in the soul, there is a caveat:

Lucifer, the covering cherub, was the guardian of this very light, and it is quite suitable as a symbol to represent him; that this is the intentions by Masons is clear enough when one digs into the possible indentity of the "Grand Architect". As for the Masons' self-alleged antitquity, they are steeped in an "Hermetic" take on Kabbalah that was only developed after the later Middle Ages, which makes it unclear.

Offline Philip G.

• Korporal
  • Ordinaria Cultus
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 01:38:49 PM »
Kreuzritter - If I had to take a guess, my guess is that it represents a volcano erupting to bring an end to wicked mankind that resides in its shadow.  God gave us the rainbow as our sign.

The following users thanked this post: Kreuzritter

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2019, 02:00:14 PM »
It started out as a Christian symbol. It's debatable whether or not it's worth fighting to reclaim, but yeah, you can find all-seeing eyes in some churches.

What is the date of this painting? and what does it represent. I did reverse search on it and it is only linked to orthodox forum and pinterest image with description in german (Discover ideas about Sagrada-The fish, an important symbol in alchemy ("Fischlein Echeneis"), is associated with the lapis. Here one also thinks of Jonah.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:22:24 PM by martin88nyc »
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33