Author Topic: "good" Catholic college list  (Read 420 times)

Offline Traditionallyruralmom

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Raising warriors for Christ and our country!
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
Re: "good" Catholic college list
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 03:12:15 PM »
Regarding Christendom, this was posted several years ago at another forum by an alum:

The only college I know of that revolves around the TLM exclusively is Fisher-More College in Fort Worth, TX. I am entirely unable to speak on their academic or intellectual caliber, but their devotion to the traditional sacraments is an integral component to the college's identity.

Which has since been shut down!
So the number of options for traditional colleges "in union with Rome" appears to be zero.

There is St. Mary's College in St. Mary's Kansas.

I know a very smart and very talented young lady who went there. Some people thought she was wasting her talent going to an unaccredited school, but she met a nice young traditional Catholic man and is now happily married.

I was reading about one that they are hoping to open in Northern IL, St Athanasius maybe?
And yes, St Marys is on our list too, forgot to list that one.  We know many very nice young families who's mom or dad or both went there prior to Marriage. 
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 03:13:11 PM »
I'm sure it's been said elsewhere TRM, but I want to add that it sounds like you're doing an incredible job raising your children.

Only by the grace of God....

Offline Maximilian

• Feldwebel
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 03:48:41 PM »

I was reading about one that they are hoping to open in Northern IL, St Athanasius maybe?

I haven't seen anything about this.
Let us know if you have further information.

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 04:04:10 PM »
I attended St. Mary's College and my opinion is mixed, but I would advise against going there. It might be difficult to get admitted there these days anyway...

The following users thanked this post: Traditionallyruralmom

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 04:04:37 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian

Offline Heinrich

• Der hat einen Rosenkranz und steht jetzt als Arbeiter bei
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • "Hebst du doch, Geck?" Schlank und eisig.
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 04:45:19 PM »
I attended St. Mary's College and my opinion is mixed, but I would advise against going there. It might be difficult to get admitted there these days anyway...

There was a poster here who anecdoted about his attending St. Mary's and then seamlessly transferring to KSU to earn a pretty good degree in Economics or Engineering or something. I can't remember his nom de plume. "Commieskullcrusher" or something like that.
Pray for the Consecration.                           
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Bear in mind that the more the enemy assaults you, God is closer to your soul." --St. Padre Pio

Offline Maximilian

• Feldwebel
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 04:57:50 PM »

http://stathanasius.wixsite.com/co-athanasius

Oh, so this is a spin-off from the Rockford IL Oratory of the ICR.

I know they've had a K-12 school in Rockford for many years.

Looks like they're trying to reach out to all types, since they're going to be advertising in the National Catholic Register, but they are promoting their letter of recommendation from Bishop Tissier de Mallerais.

Noble intentions, and I wish them the best, but this has been tried before, and I'd give the odds of success at 10-1 or less.

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 05:41:33 PM »

There was a poster here who anecdoted about his attending St. Mary's and then seamlessly transferring to KSU to earn a pretty good degree in Economics or Engineering or something. I can't remember his nom de plume. "Commieskullcrusher" or something like that.
Yeah, I think there's some sort of arrangement between KSU and St. Mary's. I don't know the story behind it, but I do know that KSU accepts St. Mary's credits as transfer classes despite St. Mary's not being accredited (I don't know whether it accepts all of them though). I believe that many students who graduated from St. Mary's end up going to KSU.

Strangely enough, the university I currently attend (located in Delaware) accepted a few of my St. Mary's credits.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 05:45:12 PM by Daniel »