Author Topic: Planned Parenthood President: Roe v Wade could be overturned within next year  (Read 205 times)

Offline Xavier

• "Deign to use us to accomplish what was said of You, O Immaculata, "She will crush your head," and, "You alone have destroyed all heresies in the world."
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Immaculate Mary, Pray for the Papal Consecration!
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
Thoughts? Is she being too optimistic (or pessimistic from the other side) or might their worst fears be realized? Much prayer and action is still necessary to end abortion. Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Roberts, Thomas - do these 5 men have the strength to uphold state laws against abortion? Or will at least 1 or even 2 more nominees be necessary?  https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/new-planned-parenthood-president-within-the-next-year-we-could-see-roe-v.-w

"CHICAGO, January 24, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) ― The new president of Planned Parenthood told a leading American medical journal that she thinks Roe v. Wade could be overturned within a year.

“We’re facing a situation where within the next year we could see Roe v. Wade overturned or further eroded,” Dr. Leana Wen told freelance writer Jennifer Abbasi. “There are more than 20 cases right now that are one step away from the Supreme Court that directly involve reproductive rights and health care ... Planned Parenthood’s latest annual report, released this past weekend, revealed the organization aborted 332,757 babies last year and raked in $563.8 million from taxpayers. Abortion continues to account for 96 percent of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy-related services. The number of unique patients seen by Planned Parenthood also went down by 600,000 – a 20 percent decrease, according to the Susan B. Anthony List – and contraception, which many falsely push as an alternative to abortion, declined by more than 80,000 services.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:53:55 AM by Xavier »
Please listen to the frequent messages and take heed of the directions given from Our Living Lord and Our Loving Lady from around the world here: https://maryrefugeofholylove.com/ Great things are at stake. Please consecrate your life to the Blessed Mother so that the Kingdom of God may come, "Ad Sanctam Trinitatem per Mariam, Ut adveniat Regnum Deum, adveniat Regnum Mariae, ergo TOTUS TUUS ego sum, MARIA" See http://www.maria-domina-animarum.net/en/flowers/1-250

Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ It is recommended that you make this Life Offering as soon as you feel ready, and to renew it from time to time. Please do.

Please read the Blessed Mother's amazing promises in the link: A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. The Doctors and Apostles say if we save even just one other soul through prayer and sacrifice, we also ensure the salvation of our own. Let us all Offer all our Life to Jesus and Mary Today.

Offline Lambda Phage

• Korporal
  • Religion: Catholic
If RBG kicks the bucket, and Kavanaugh mans up (which I think he would), R v W is gone.

Until then I'd be surprised if it gets to SCOTUS. It would be a risky move by conservatives especially when RBG looks like she has one foot in the grave. The "safer" move is to wait, but it's still possible. Roberts is the biggest question mark.

My instinct says this is alarmism and fearmongering amongst liberals.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:22:03 PM by Lambda Phage »

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Xavier, Josephine87

Offline Josephine87

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
Sounds like a fundraising drive. Also it's incredibly depressing that the women justices are all abortion-mad.  :(
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

“My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, Traditionallyruralmom, Xavier

Offline Maximilian

• Feldwebel

Also it's incredibly depressing that the women justices are all abortion-mad.

Even the Reagan-appointee Sandra Day O'Connor.

The following users thanked this post: Traditionallyruralmom

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
That demoniac RBG needs to die, and Roberts needs to not cuck like the faggot he was in Obamacare.

Prolife side needs a 7-2 majority to be somewhat certain, the 6-3 is shaky because "conservatives" don't do shit.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The following users thanked this post: Lambda Phage, Traditionallyruralmom

Offline Xavier

• "Deign to use us to accomplish what was said of You, O Immaculata, "She will crush your head," and, "You alone have destroyed all heresies in the world."
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Immaculate Mary, Pray for the Papal Consecration!
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
Breyer, Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor  are the 4 to replace. The first two are near retirement age. The last 2 are far from it. B and G being gone in 4 to 5 years is a safe bet, statistically speaking. So winning this battle once and for all very probably comes down simply to (1) Republicans keeping the White House at least until 2024, and most important, (2) Trump and Pence actually nominating, and Senate Republicans thoroughly vetting, and then confirming two Solid pro-life Justices. In the short term, since Ginsburg may go before 2020, and Republicans have like 53 seats in the senate, a comfortable majority, they should nominate  someone like Catholic Judge William Pryor, who called Roe v Wade an "abomination", if the next vacancy comes by then. Was on Trump's top 4 picks the first time, but sadly he didn't make it. Things may have already been different if he had. Pro-lifers shouldn't compromise easily on something so absolutely important, but negotiate hard for the best candidate, obtaining specific promises within a reasonable timeline from him. That's the way to win this war once and for all. And the ideal is that the Court must not wait for Congress but must itself find and determine that the unborn child's life is constitutionally protected, and that therefore any law in any state permitting abortion is unconstitutional.
Please listen to the frequent messages and take heed of the directions given from Our Living Lord and Our Loving Lady from around the world here: https://maryrefugeofholylove.com/ Great things are at stake. Please consecrate your life to the Blessed Mother so that the Kingdom of God may come, "Ad Sanctam Trinitatem per Mariam, Ut adveniat Regnum Deum, adveniat Regnum Mariae, ergo TOTUS TUUS ego sum, MARIA" See http://www.maria-domina-animarum.net/en/flowers/1-250

Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ It is recommended that you make this Life Offering as soon as you feel ready, and to renew it from time to time. Please do.

Please read the Blessed Mother's amazing promises in the link: A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. The Doctors and Apostles say if we save even just one other soul through prayer and sacrifice, we also ensure the salvation of our own. Let us all Offer all our Life to Jesus and Mary Today.

The following users thanked this post: Josephine87

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
PP are looking for money. Justice Neil Gorsuch hasn't entirely shown himself a paladin of pro-life, refusing even to hear an entirely arguable case.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.