Author Topic: Traditional Novus Ordo Mass  (Read 495 times)

Offline St. Columba

• Wachtmeister
Re: Traditional Novus Ordo Mass
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 08:26:16 PM »
People don't have ideas...ideas have people.  - Jordan Peterson quoting Carl Jung

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Stefano

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 08:23:18 AM »
Clip from a Novus Ordo Mass at the Toronto Oratory:

This was my home parish before. They only started doing the NOM there ad orientem earlier this year. They are the only parish in all of Ontario that do the "ordinary form" according to sacrosanctum concilium. Perhaps the onlly one in Canada.

Stefano, where do you live?  I am in Sudbury, Ontario.

I am from East York, Ontario. Glad to see another Ontarian here.

Offline VeraeFidei

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 06:27:22 PM »
Many elements from the baroque era need to go. Not that they are unsuitable for mass but because they dont reflect our society any more.

For example: the way we bulld our altars, its sometimes over the top. Altar cards: they dont need to be on the altar.

Well it is true that the side altar cards (those of the Lavabo and Prologue of Saint John) are NOT provided for by the rubrics and thus should not be on the Altar, as they should be memorized by the priest. Obviously one can be reasonable for a priest just learning the Mass, but they are rather silly on the Altar during Masses offered by those who exclusively pray the Old Mass.

Offline Josephine87

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 07:05:43 PM »
I don't mind the English language Mass either, for instance, the Personal Ordinariate of St. Peter Mass.  But I wouldn't really want it to be the bulk of the ROMAN rite.
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

“My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2019, 04:00:12 PM »
One of the French Abbeys, Solesmes possibly, actually follows the largely extinct 'transitional' missal ('tm'), which could (and did then) mean elements like readings in the vernacular, no prayers at the foot of the altar, no Last Gospel (which itself was an innovation of recent centuries in the various Gallican Uses). Probably it would not follow one of the final iterations of the 'tm' with vernacular Canon. Part of me has a little fear that somehow if the SSPX never are lured into the embrace of Conciliar Rome, the former Ecclesia Dei 'TLM' societies and chaplaincies  might find one of the iterations of the 'tm' pushed on them.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.