Author Topic: Traditional prayer and devotional books.  (Read 69 times)

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Traditional prayer and devotional books.
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »
There are several prayer books and daily devotional books out there including breviaries, diurnals etc.

I have looked at several prayer books like Blessed Sacrament, My prayer book by Fr. Lasance and Blessed be God. The Blessed sacrament seems most complete and at the same time compact and small. There is also Divine Intimacy and daily meditations by Cardinal Bacci.
What do you personally use and what would you recommend?
I would like to buy a prayer book that would serve me for a long time.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
Re: Traditional prayer and devotional books.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:53:16 AM »
I really like the My Prayer Book from Fr. Lasance; it's what we use for our family prayers. I've not seen the Blessed Sacrament book.

My suggestion would be to look for whatever is made with the most quality if you are buying new.

Also, whatever will assist you the most. No point in buying something you won't use or that frustrates you.

"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

The following users thanked this post: Xavier, martin88nyc

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
Re: Traditional prayer and devotional books.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 01:11:32 AM »
I prefer the Blessed be God text.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc