Author Topic: Anyone really proficient at creating YouTube devotional videos have some advice?  (Read 130 times)

Offline Xavier

• Glory to God in the Highest Heaven, and Peace to His people on Earth of good will.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Blessed Be the Hour that the Son of God was born!
  • Religion: Catholic Christian
I just created a Youtube channel. My hope is to upload at least 120 devotional videos, including sermons from Catholic Bishops and Trad Priests, or prayers and chaplets, or audios of spiritual classics with some pictures for illustration and the like, over the next 6 odd months.

Does anyone have some tips on how best to go about this? I can figure out how to begin, but I'm clueless after that; I'm quite bad at this tech stuff. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

In particular, can I upload videos I've recorded on my phone? Can I upload or edit videos already uploaded by other users? And all such things. How to add pictures to an audio prayer recording and so on.

PS: it seems to me Youtube could be a great means that God and Christians can use to strive to fulfil the Great Commission: that is beside worldwide prayer crusades and other possible opportunities it offers. There are single videos on Youtube that have been viewed 4,5, almost 6 billion times. Even if all are not unique views, that's still extraordinary. Unfortunately, very few or Gospel or Christian videos, let alone specifically Catholic Christian or Traditional Catholic ones. Hopefully, that'll change in future, and I want to start one small drop in that ocean.
Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING: "My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby Offer my whole Life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the suffering of my entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father and Priests, for good Priestly vocations, and for all souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept my life Sacrifice and my offerings and give me Your grace that I may persevere obediently until my death." Amen. https://www.avemariamaternostra.com/life-offering-promises.html It is recommended that you make this Life Offering as soon as you feel ready, and to renew it from time to time.

Please read the Blessed Mother's promises in the link: those who make it seriously will face no Purgatory (promise 5) since they would have completed it here, will have all their loved ones released from Purgatory the day they offer their life with intent to persevere (promise 4), and can save the souls of all their family members in due time by their life offering (promise 3). It will benefit all souls who have ever lived until time's end (promise 2) A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. Inflamed in Large Letters of Love, you will have your name written in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary forever (promise 1).

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Reach out to Steve at Sensus Fidelium. He has a lot of experience in it. He may be willing to partner on mirroring and could provide YT specific tech advice.
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
In particular, can I upload videos I've recorded on my phone? Can I upload or edit videos already uploaded by other users? And all such things. How to add pictures to an audio prayer recording and so on.

Videos from phone - Yes, but only if you're desperate. Because the video quality won't be all that great, and the audio quality will be horrible.

Videos uploaded by other users - It won't always be legal. But in cases where it is legal, you can download the video from YouTube by using one of these sites: https://www.google.com/search?q=download+youtube+video . Then you'll need some sort of video editing software in order to edit the videos.

Adding pictures to audio (like what Sensus Fidelium does) - This can be done quite easily if you have the right software (you'd use motion graphics software, not video editing software). I would recommend Adobe After Effects but it's not cheap. I'm not sure if there are any free and easy-to-use alternatives.

Sermons - If you're the person recording the sermon, you'll probably want to ask the priest if he's ok with it first.

If you plan to personally record any sort of video or audio - You need to use the right equipment. Different camera lenses and camera settings are used for different kinds of shots, and various kinds of microphones each have their own purpose (shotgun mike vs. lavalier mike vs. cardioid mike, etc.) And you'll need good lighting to get good video. This could all be a problem if you don't have a lot of money to spare, because equipment isn't cheap.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 08:13:52 AM by Daniel »

The following users thanked this post: Xavier