Author Topic: Liturgical Year 15 Volume Set 1904 Reprint  (Read 560 times)

Offline Stefano

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Liturgical Year 15 Volume Set 1904 Reprint
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 09:34:28 AM »
I'm waiting for it to come out on kindle. Until then, I'll stick to PDF.
IMHM nothing bits a physical book. I could never part with my hardbound volumes  :) However kindle e-reader has its pros.

Agreed here completely. I shall never make the switch from hardbound. I shall just budget accordingly.

Offline Josephine87

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 02:37:48 PM »

It is on archive.org, however I have to read it via PDF using the app Moon Reader Pro.
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

“My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 08:42:23 PM »
IMHM nothing bits a physical book. I could never part with my hardbound volumes  :) However kindle e-reader has its pros.

Agreed here completely. I shall never make the switch from hardbound. I shall just budget accordingly.
I don't own a hardcover set. What I had in mind was books, in general.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Stefano

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 08:40:52 AM »

I most certainly agree. Althought I do prefer hardcover, any bound edition of a text is definitely superior to a digital copy (at least in my opinion)

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 10:53:55 AM »

I most certainly agree. Althought I do prefer hardcover, any bound edition of a text is definitely superior to a digital copy (at least in my opinion)
:thumbsup:
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline VeraeFidei

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 08:00:49 PM »
A 1904 reprint is huge. I really enjoy my set, but it is extremely frustrating to use for praying the Office because my edition was "updated" to reflect the regrettable Pius X changes.

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 08:12:44 PM »
A 1904 reprint is huge. I really enjoy my set, but it is extremely frustrating to use for praying the Office because my edition was "updated" to reflect the regrettable Pius X changes.
The one sold by https://www.traditionalcatholicpublishing.com/daily-breviary-meditations-bishop-angrisani.html is 1910