Author Topic: Stolen "Lost" Michaelangelo Painting  (Read 160 times)

Offline Philip G.

• Korporal
  • Ordinary Cult
  • Religion: Catholic
Stolen "Lost" Michaelangelo Painting
« on: January 15, 2019, 11:35:22 AM »
When I first heard about this lost Michaelangelo painting a year or so ago when it sold or was big in the news, the first thing I thought was that it is not a real Michaelangelo painting.  I have always thought that, and now we see that it is "stolen" days before its authentication appointment.  That is basically confirmation that it is a fake.  Because, for one, if it was potentially a million dollar, let alone 100 million dollar painting, there is no way anyone would be stupid enough to leave it unsecured somewhere.  This whole thing stinks of fake painting and fake news.  It is just another lie being fed us for the sake of feeding us a lie.  "Oh, but it is just a white lie".  A lie is a lie. 

https://www.rt.com/news/448848-lost-michelangelo-painting-stolen/
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:37:48 AM by Philip G. »
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Stolen "Lost" Michaelangelo Painting
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 12:04:17 PM »
When I first heard about this lost Michaelangelo painting a year or so ago when it sold or was big in the news, the first thing I thought was that it is not a real Michaelangelo painting.  I have always thought that, and now we see that it is "stolen" days before its authentication appointment.  That is basically confirmation that it is a fake.  Because, for one, if it was potentially a million dollar, let alone 100 million dollar painting, there is no way anyone would be stupid enough to leave it unsecured somewhere.  This whole thing stinks of fake painting and fake news.  It is just another lie being fed us for the sake of feeding us a lie.  "Oh, but it is just a white lie".  A lie is a lie. 

https://www.rt.com/news/448848-lost-michelangelo-painting-stolen/

Never underestimate the stupidity of Belgians (or anyone for that matter).
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Providence is a present mystery by which our hope is confirmed and our faith solidified, if we give not into despair or disbelief.

Woe is me, because I have held my peace. Isaiah 6