Author Topic: The New Roman Missal (Fr.Lasance)NEW REPRINT  (Read 759 times)

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: The New Roman Missal (Fr.Lasance)NEW REPRINT
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 01:56:13 PM »
Sorry  but I was misinformed. The New Roman Missal by Fr. Lasance stays the same without anything additional. The guy meant to say that there are additions that were already made in previous printings i.e the additions from 1945 to 1958.

BTW: Does this missal contain the pre 1955 Holy Week?
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
Re: The New Roman Missal (Fr.Lasance)NEW REPRINT
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 07:47:24 PM »
Good news ... Certain post 1955 changes will be included so that it will be more compatible with 1962 missal.

Bad, bad, bad news.

That could just mean the Bugnini Holy Week and additional Saints in a supplement, which would make it very versatile given how a number of FSSP parishes and perhaps some ICKSP churches follow the traditional Holy Week, and more should follow, hopefully, if the next Pope is at least sane. Yet most still follow the Bugnini Holy Week either from lack of permission and / or simply because the traditional Holy Week would not be a cinch if it hasn't been followed in a parish before. Other 55 changes like the dramatic reductions in Octaves from formerly several at different grades to maybe two, would be harder to accommodate, but careful use of notes might work.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33