Author Topic: The New Roman Missal (Fr.Lasance)NEW REPRINT  (Read 590 times)

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
The New Roman Missal (Fr.Lasance)NEW REPRINT
« on: December 19, 2018, 09:49:39 PM »
Good news for Missal enthusiasts. Today I reached out to www.omnicbc.com (publisher of the Lasance missal). It is currently out of stock but they will have it available again in early February next year. The best thing about this new reprint is that it will have few supplements in addition to the original content. Certain post 1955 changes will be included so that it will be more compatible with 1962 missal.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Maximilian

• Feldwebel
Re: The New Roman Missal (Fr.Lasance)NEW REPRINT
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 12:04:47 AM »
Good news ... Certain post 1955 changes will be included so that it will be more compatible with 1962 missal.

Bad, bad, bad news.

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 09:55:26 AM »
Good news ... Certain post 1955 changes will be included so that it will be more compatible with 1962 missal.

Bad, bad, bad news.
Depends how you look at it. It will be still the same missal with and additional supplement.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Der Polka-König

• Inquietum est cor nostrum, donec requiescat in te.
  • Korporal
  • Ein Maß dunkles, bitte!
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 10:14:13 AM »

Bad, bad, bad news.
Depends how you look at it. It will be still the same missal with and additional supplement.

Hopefully it will be both the traditional (pre-55) and the revised Holy Week then, so the reader can follow along with and/or study either. The trend over the past few years, in particular among the Ecclesia Dei groups (FSSP, ICKSP, etc), is toward restoration of the pre-55 Holy Week.
"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 10:42:29 AM »

Bad, bad, bad news.

Hopefully it will be both the traditional (pre-55) and the revised Holy Week then, so the reader can follow along with and/or study either. The trend over the past few years, in particular among the Ecclesia Dei groups (FSSP, ICKSP, etc), is toward restoration of the pre-55 Holy Week.
Something like that but I might have misunderstood the guy I was speaking to. Either way the missal stays the same plus additional stuff so don't worry about anything

The following users thanked this post: Der Polka-König

Offline Maximilian

• Feldwebel
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 02:15:14 PM »

The trend over the past few years, in particular among the Ecclesia Dei groups (FSSP, ICKSP, etc), is toward restoration of the pre-55 Holy Week.

Now that is good news. I haven't heard of this previously. Do you have any specific locations in mind?

Offline Der Polka-König

• Korporal
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 02:43:24 PM »

The trend over the past few years, in particular among the Ecclesia Dei groups (FSSP, ICKSP, etc), is toward restoration of the pre-55 Holy Week.

Now that is good news. I haven't heard of this previously. Do you have any specific locations in mind?

If you look through NLM's photo posts, you'll notice a steadily increasing use of pre-55 elements, particularly from the FSSP.
E.g. Palm Sunday posts here: http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/search/label/Palm%20Sunday
Good Friday: http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/search/label/Good%20Friday

Also, I've been told by a recently-ordained priest who, while studying in Rome served Mass and was deacon for Solemn Mass frequently at Ssma Trinita dei Pellegrini, that they essentially are using the 1962 calendar with the pre-55 rubrics at this point (adding the Orationes pro diversitate Temporum assignatae, folded chasubles,  pre-55 Holy Week, the full Vigil of Pentecost, etc).
"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Maximilian

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 02:49:56 PM »
FSSP got an idult to do pre 55 rites on one condition only. They are to use the new prayer for the Jews. Is that a good trade off?

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »
FSSP got an idult to do pre 55 rites on one condition only. They are to use the new prayer for the Jews. Is that a good trade off?

No, not good.

Offline Maximilian

• Feldwebel
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 03:59:07 PM »

Yes. Calling the Jews "perfidious" is not essential to the rite. But it is essential to use the traditional liturgy that goes back many centuries rather than using the Bugnini-inspired versions from the Fifties.

I'm just happily amazed that the FSSP is doing the pre-Fifties Holy Week at all. Considering the position that they are in, that seems like the smallest concession they would be expected to make.

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf, Der Polka-König, martin88nyc

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 05:30:29 PM »

ICKSP has moved over to it, predominantly.  They got the approval shortly before Holy Week this past year. 

A number of diocesan priests have asked PCED for permission, as well, and it is being granted, even if it's for a "temporary test case."
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian, martin88nyc

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 06:20:43 PM »
I will ask my diocesan priest to submit a request for the pre 1955 rites.

Offline Der Polka-König

• Korporal
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 07:14:43 PM »

I would strongly advise against that. It would be much better to just convince your local priest to use the pre-55 books, following the lead of other groups (FSSP, ICKSP, etc).

The more people formally ask, the more chances PCED could have to deny it. Make use of the traditional principle ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf, Maximilian

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 07:26:51 PM »

I would strongly advise against that. It would be much better to just convince your local priest to use the pre-55 books, following the lead of other groups (FSSP, ICKSP, etc).

The more people formally ask, the more chances PCED could have to deny it. Make use of the traditional principle ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

"Better to ask forgiveness, etc"

And, if he kicks back, ask him how many of his EMHCs at the NO are approved by the bishop.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Jacob

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 08:13:03 PM »
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
--Neal Stephenson

The following users thanked this post: Der Polka-König