Author Topic: Wilder vs Fury  (Read 225 times)

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Wilder vs Fury
« on: December 02, 2018, 01:04:19 AM »
Has anybody seen the fight?
Fury won hands down
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
Re: Wilder vs Fury
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »
CBS Sportsnet had him up 120 - 111 going into the 12th round. How does this end up a draw? When the opponent is a minority, that's how. Wilder was clearly outboxed, even though he demonstrated some power and exposed a defensive weakness in Fury. But in no way did his scoring match up to a draw. Wilder was given an "Alvarez" win.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/02/tyson-fury-deontay-wilder-controversial-decision-boxing
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 04:30:25 PM by Heinrich »
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Wilder vs Fury
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 04:32:10 PM »
CBS Sportsnet had him up 120 - 111 going into the 12th round. How does this end up a split decision? When the opponent is a minority, that's how.
They just couldn't let this happen. No one thought Fury could stop Wilder. It's all about money.
PS: I heard the judges are picked by the sponsors.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich