Author Topic: Funeral & TLM Requiem Mass for Bishop Robert Morlino of Madison Diocese-12-4-18  (Read 328 times)

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic
Funeral and TLM Requiem for @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese

Posted on 26 November 2018 by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf

I received the following:

The Funeral Arrangements for Bishop Morlino are as follows:

–  A Prayer Vigil, with opportunity for visitation, will be held Monday, December 3rd, at the O’Donnell Chapel at Holy Name Heights,

702 S. High Point Rd., Madison, from 1:00-7:00 PM, with Solemn Vespers beginning at 7:00 PM, Bishop Paul Swain presiding.

–  Visitation on Tuesday, December 4th, at St. Maria Goretti Catholic Church, Madison,

from 9:00 AM until just prior to the Funeral Mass.

–  The Mass of Christian Burial (funeral) will be celebrated at St. Maria Goretti Catholic Church, 4313 Flad Ave., Madison, at 11:00 AM.

The Most Reverend Jerome Listecki, Archbishop of Milwaukee, will be the principal celebrant with the

Reverend Monsignor James R. Bartylla as homilist.

–  Interment will be at Resurrection Cemetery immediately following the Funeral Mass.

TRADITIONAL REQUIEM

The Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison, will have a traditional Requiem Mass for the late Bishop,

the Extraordinary Ordinary.

The time and place have not been set.  We were waiting for details from the diocese about the official schedule
  before we did anything. A time and a place will be forthcoming soon.

Meanwhile, I can’t think of a better tribute to this good bishop than to GO TO CONFESSION,

to offer a good Holy Communion and Rosary for him, and then try to stay in the state of grace for as long as you can afterwards.   

Get it some thought.

BTW… the last Pontifical Mass that Bp. Morlino celebrated was the annual 2 November Requiem for the deceased priests

and bishops of the diocese.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2018/11/funeral-and-tlm-requiem-for-bishopmorlino-of-madisondiocese/

:pray1: :pray2: :pray3:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:40:41 PM by Christe Eleison »

The following users thanked this post: Acolyte, Josephine87

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
https://www.latinmassmadison.org/

Please pray for the repose of His Excellency, Bishop Robert Morlino, who died on the evening of November 24.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine Et lux perpetua luceat ei Requiescat in pace

:pray2: :pray3:

The following users thanked this post: Acolyte

Offline Traditionallyruralmom

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Raising warriors for Christ and our country!
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
Its too bad that collegiality had to trump what was best for the good bishops soul.  Glad the Tridentine Mass society is stepping up to do the right and complete thing.  There is another Requiem Mass being said for him that I know of.  He was a good Bishop, and I am thankful for him.  This should also be a reminder for us all to put a Traditional Requiem Mass in our will! ;)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline OmniaInstaurareInChristo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Its too bad that collegiality had to trump what was best for the good bishops soul.  Glad the Tridentine Mass society is stepping up to do the right and complete thing.  There is another Requiem Mass being said for him that I know of.  He was a good Bishop, and I am thankful for him.  This should also be a reminder for us all to put a Traditional Requiem Mass in our will! ;)

The only problem with putting our desire for a Traditional Requiem Mass in our will is that, at least in my state, is that by the time the will is read, our funeral and burial will have already occurred. 
Praying for the repose of the soul of this good bishop.

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline Traditionallyruralmom

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Raising warriors for Christ and our country!

The only problem with putting our desire for a Traditional Requiem Mass in our will is that, at least in my state, is that by the time the will is read, our funeral and burial will have already occurred. 
Praying for the repose of the soul of this good bishop.

very true,  I should have added ...and make sure your children or those important in your life know its in your will  ;D  My older children sure do
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

The following users thanked this post: Josephine87, Christe Eleison

Offline Der Polka-König

• Inquietum est cor nostrum, donec requiescat in te.
  • Korporal
  • Ein Maß dunkles, bitte!
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
For those who are interested, the Tridentine Mass Society of Madison's Requiem plans to pray for Bishop Morlino next week are set. It will take place at St Mary's in Pine Bluff on Thursday, Dec 6.

Vespers of the Dead will be sung at 7:00 PM
The Solemn Requiem Mass will follow at approx. 7:20 PM
Finally, Absolution at the catafalque will be at the end of Mass.

The schola plans to reprise Victoria's Requiem a 4, which they have sung in the past for one of Bp Morlino's annual All Souls' Day Pontifical Requiems at the Throne.
"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

The following users thanked this post: OmniaInstaurareInChristo, Christe Eleison

Offline OmniaInstaurareInChristo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
For those who are interested, the Tridentine Mass Society of Madison's Requiem plans to pray for Bishop Morlino next week are set. It will take place at St Mary's in Pine Bluff on Thursday, Dec 6.

The schola plans to reprise Victoria's Requiem a 4, which they have sung in the past for one of Bp Morlino's annual All Souls' Day Pontifical Requiems at the Throne.

Deo gratias!

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine

Gonna try to go to this. 

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Der Polka-König

• Inquietum est cor nostrum, donec requiescat in te.
  • Korporal
  • Ein Maß dunkles, bitte!
  • Religion: Roman Catholic

Gonna try to go to this. 

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Cool. I'll be easy to spot (as the MC).
"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Christe Eleison

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
https://www.latinmassmadison.org/

Please pray for the repose of His Excellency, Bishop Robert Morlino, who died on the evening of November 24.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine Et lux perpetua luceat ei Requiescat in pace

:pray2: :pray3:

:pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 05:25:36 PM by Christe Eleison »

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden