Re-instituting Self-Ban

Started by christulsa, April 11, 2018, 07:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

christulsa

My last post on SD.  "If I don't see you, good morning, good afternoon, and good night"

Mono no aware

But you had just recently returned.  Well, Chris, if you must go, you have done well in paraphrasing one of the best movies of the 90s for your parting quote.  I watched it again just this past year (it's available for streaming on Netflix), with more than a dozen years since my last viewing.  It still holds up on every level.  When it first came out, the notion of having your life broadcast to the world was considered a dystopian nightmare—one from which Truman is trying to wake.  Instead, when the technology arrived that allowed people to broadcast their lives to the world, they did so willingly.  How quickly things change.  Or, maybe it's just the autonomy that counts.  Life is strange.  Farewell.

Jacob

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

christulsa

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 19, 2019, 09:47:40 PM
pick a side already

"I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side."   ~Treebeard, LOTR

(couldn't resist the fitting irony, since it's a quote at the bottom of KK's posts.  Okay back to REALITY guys. Have a nice life......)