Author Topic: Plenary Indulgences for November reminder.  (Read 61 times)

Offline Xavier

• "I AM THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION" ~ Our Lady of Lourdes to St. Bernadette, March 25th, 1858.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • O Mary, Conceived without sin, Pray for us.
  • Religion: Catholic Christian
Plenary Indulgences for November reminder.
« on: November 01, 2018, 02:18:02 AM »
As we finish celebrating All Hallow's Eve and enter the Month of November dedicated to the Holy Souls, let us remember to ask the Saints to pray for us and to pray ourselves for the Poor Souls in Purgatory. Mother Church generously supplies so many Indulgences.

"How to gain indulgences for Souls in Purgatory

A brief outline on how to obtain a plenary indulgence for the Holy Souls in Purgatory.

Plenary indulgences for the Poor Souls:

Six General rules for obtaining a plenary indulgence:

State of grace at least when performing the indulgenced act
Complete detachment from sin, even venial sin
Confession (20 days before or after the indulgenced act)
Communion (20 days before or after the indulgenced act)
Prayers for the Supreme Pontiff (20 days before or after the indulgenced act)
Indulgenced act: a special good work with special conditions of place and time

Indulgenced acts to be performed for obtaining a plenary indulgence:

From November 1 to 8: visit of a cemetery with mental prayer for the poor souls.
On November 2: visit of a church or an oratory with one Our Father and one Creed being recited.

A partial indulgence can be obtained any time by visiting a cemetery and praying for the Poor Souls.
The following prayer is especially recommended:

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Amen.   Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

Learn more about indulgences

Indulgences: from the Church's treasury of merits
All Souls Day: an instruction
Remember the Holy Souls this November"

https://sspx.org/en/how-to-gain-indulgences-souls-in-purgatory

Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING: "My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby Offer my whole Life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the suffering of my entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father and Priests, for good Priestly vocations, and for all souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept my life Sacrifice and my offerings and give me Your grace that I may persevere obediently until my death." Amen. https://www.avemariamaternostra.com/life-offering-promises.html It is recommended that you make this Life Offering as soon as you feel ready, and to renew it from time to time.

Please read the Blessed Mother's promises in the link: those who make it seriously will face no Purgatory (promise 5) since they would have completed it here, will have all their loved ones released from Purgatory the day they offer their life with intent to persevere (promise 4), and can save the souls of all their family members in due time by their life offering (promise 3). It will benefit all souls who have ever lived until time's end (promise 2) A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. Inflamed in Large Letters of Love, you will have your name written in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary forever (promise 1).

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Christe Eleison