Author Topic: Forum improvements?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Josephine87

• Mary Garden
  • Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Forum improvements?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 04:11:54 PM »
One suggestion:  Put the "thanks" button at the bottom of a post so I don't have to scroll back up to thank it.
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

“My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Offline OCLittleFlower

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • CALIFORNIA DEPLORABLE
  • Religion: Trad to the max!
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2018, 06:19:28 PM »
Definitely bring back Greg and Jayne.  I miss them both.

Other than that -- a pants thread and perhaps a singing contest!
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

Если вы можете прочитать это, вы лучше.

The following users thanked this post: Elizabeth, Christe Eleison

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 07:13:59 PM »
I thought Greg and Jayne left of mutual agreement?
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Offline Non Nobis

• By my staff!
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2018, 12:05:03 AM »
I thought Greg and Jayne left of mutual agreement?

Sure, but Kaesekopf should somehow peacefully force them to come back  ;D.
Children say that people are hung sometimes for speaking the truth.

If I am not in the state of grace, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me

- Saint Joan of Arc

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline Non Nobis

• By my staff!
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2018, 12:58:48 AM »
Maybe it will get better here in 2020, when Trump runs again.  We had such fun in chat on election night 2016 (and a lot of debate before that)!   It's election night 2018 right now, but it is just not the same.
Children say that people are hung sometimes for speaking the truth.

If I am not in the state of grace, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me

- Saint Joan of Arc

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline Philip G.

• Vizekorporal
  • Ordinaria Cultus
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2018, 11:02:46 PM »
Here is my imput.  Two of the rules were a stumbling block for me when I discerned joining the forum(a month long process).  And, the result for me was that I would just avoid those subjects.  And, even if I didn't happen to avoid them, I was not going to expect much action/response, as a result of the rules and how they not only affect me but potentially others also.  And, the two rules I am referring to regard trad bashing and sedevacantism.  I love all of the other rules, but there is something not quite right in my opinion about those two rules.  If they can be focused and improved, it may result in greater forum membership and activity. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2018, 11:07:02 PM »
Here is my imput.  Two of the rules were a stumbling block for me when I discerned joining the forum(a month long process).  And, the result for me was that I would just avoid those subjects.  And, even if I didn't happen to avoid them, I was not going to expect much action/response, as a result of the rules and how they not only affect me but potentially others also.  And, the two rules I am referring to regard trad bashing and sedevacantism.  I love all of the other rules, but there is something not quite right in my opinion about those two rules.  If they can be focused and improved, it may result in greater forum membership and activity.

Any suggestions?  I'm open to listening/alterations.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Philip G.

• Vizekorporal
  • Ordinaria Cultus
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2018, 02:17:38 AM »
Rule - "Likewise, insinuating that certain trads or groups of trads are not really Catholic will not be tolerated"

Rule - "I do not say that the pope is not the pope... but I do not say that you cannot say the pope is not the pope".

For one who does not believe that a pope can be a formal heretic, it is only natural to have a problem with these rules.  And, I mean this in the sense that none can judge popes; hence no formal heresy and no loss of office, all of which are stops long before one reaches sedevacantism.

But, enough about me.  It is your forum Kaesekopf.  I am on the lookout though for some penance to do for it. 

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:32:22 PM by Philip G. »
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12