Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 05, 2020, 03:42:30 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 05, 2020, 01:30:13 PM
Quote from: Sempronius on September 05, 2020, 01:23:55 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 05, 2020, 12:57:25 PM
Quote from: Jayne on September 05, 2020, 06:17:34 AM
Quote from: red solo cup on September 05, 2020, 05:44:45 AM
Forum Rules, #2 under Conduct.

This rule is:
QuoteVulgarities are forbidden on this forum.  You are not "in person" here, so you have time to compose and edit your thoughts. Please exercise that ability.

This already represents a stricter rule against profanity than the way it was originally phrased.  At first, the rule was to avoid profanity.  Enough posters showed a lack of prudence in this area that the rule was changed. 

As we can see, a stricter rule has not stopped vulgarity on the forum.  Certain people will write this way unless they are forced to stop.

Oh fuck off.

What a disgrace. I have tougher friends than you that never curse. But somehow its a badge of honour to swear on this forum.

For a forum where something like 75% of ya claim to be Irish, to one degree or another, there sure is a lot of pushback on the language.

And swearing rarely has to do with being 'tough'

Exactly.

Swearing has nothing to do with toughness and everything to do with a darkened heart.

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, lust, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is the service of idols. For which things the wrath of God cometh upon the children of unbelief, in which you also walked some time, when you lived in them. But now put you also all away: anger, indignation, malice, blasphemy, filthy speech out of your mouth. (Col. 3:5-8)

Check mate Irish.

Thanks Vetus. Sorry Diaduit.

Pontificating from you has about as much clout as a raghead giving me tips on how to cook my next porchetta.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Philip G.

"Thy rod and thy staff, they give me comfort".  If Kaesekopf does not want to use the rod, let him over compensate with the staff.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Philip G.

I think there needs to be a rule against attacking another's "mental" state/character.  In an age of feminism, I guess there is no sting to being called cold hearted and the like, so trolls don't seem to attack in this way.  But, there is an endless number of attacks on the mental state.  Basically, I am in favor of forbidding the accusation that another member is "mentally ill" explicit(and maybe implicit).  It is getting very tired, but it still seems to be the go-to insult.  It just another behavior to add to the list of bad behaviors that are common place here on SD.  How are we going to attract quality members when cursing and slander is the norm?   
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Heinrich

Quote from: Philip G. on September 25, 2020, 12:51:06 PM
I think there needs to be a rule against attacking another's "mental" state/character.  In an age of feminism, I guess there is no sting to being called cold hearted and the like, so trolls don't seem to attack in this way.  But, there is an endless number of attacks on the mental state.  Basically, I am in favor of forbidding the accusation that another member is "mentally ill" explicit(and maybe implicit).  It is getting very tired, but it still seems to be the go-to insult.  It just another behavior to add to the list of bad behaviors that are common place here on SD.  How are we going to attract quality members when cursing and slander is the norm?

Examples?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Heinrich on September 26, 2020, 08:55:37 AM

Examples?

He may be talking about this, Heinrich:

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=24547.msg513217#msg513217

GiftOfGod

I'd like to see a child board of "Traditional Catholic Discussion" titled "Discussion of outside the Church there is no salvation (EENS)" for debates on the necessity for water baptism for salvation (to include infants/fetuses), Baptism of Blood (BOB) and Baptism of Desire (BOD).

What does everyone think about this idea?
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Philip G.

I think Kaesekopf added a new rule to the forum.  Am I correct?

7) Private, personal information about any member which may be deemed as sensitive in nature by the moderating staff is to remain private unless it is willfully offered by the relevant party or parties in a thread. Sensitive personal information revealed in an alternate thread should remain there if it is not again freely offered by the party or parties involved. If you feel it is necessary to resurrect some personal information from a previous thread, do so via private message.

GiftOfGod

I agree. Just yesterday, a poster insinuated with no basis that I was a homosexual and also said that I had Antisocial Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It was wildly inappropriate and my ass is still chapped about it to the point that I'm considering leaving this place.
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Heinrich

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 13, 2020, 12:27:27 PM

I agree. Just yesterday, a poster insinuated with not basis that I was a homosexual and also said that I had Antisocial Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It was wildly inappropriate and my ass is still chapped about it to the point that I'm considering leaving this place.

Stick around. Said poster was most likely projecting.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 11, 2020, 05:15:45 PM
I'd like to see a child board of "Traditional Catholic Discussion" titled "Discussion of outside the Church there is no salvation (EENS)" for debates on the necessity for water baptism for salvation (to include infants/fetuses), Baptism of Blood (BOB) and Baptism of Desire (BOD).

What does everyone think about this idea?
From the "Forum Rules":
QuoteA Definition of Feeneyism and the Forum's Stance Toward It:
"Feeneyism" is characterized by three errors: a misrepresentation of the dogma "outside the Church there is no salvation", that the doctrine of baptism of desire (and of blood) is optional, and that the Council of Trent teaches that baptism of desire is sufficient for justification "but not for salvation."  These three errors run contrary to the teaching of the Catholic Church.

Feeneyism is forbidden on this forum and promoting one, two, or all three errors of Feeneyism is subject to moderation.  While Feeneyites are welcome to post here in all sub-fora, they are not permitted to promote, spread, or disseminate information promoting any of the errors of Feeneyism.  Any posts or posters who do so will be subject to moderation.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

christulsa

I agree. Just yesterday, a poster insinuated with no basis that I was a homosexual and also said that I had Antisocial Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It was wildly inappropriate and my ass is still chapped about it to the point that I'm considering leaving this place.

Oh brother.   ::)  Ok, let me explain, one Gift of God.  Two apologies don't seem to be enough for you.   I said I "wondered" if you deal with homosexuality -- since you were talking on and on like you hate women. Don't be butt hurt.  Stay around.  I always enjoy a good re-hashing of the errors of Feeneyism (which Feeney himself did not believe).

Heinrich

Quote from: Heinrich on November 13, 2020, 01:39:32 PM

I agree. Just yesterday, a poster insinuated with not basis that I was a homosexual and also said that I had Antisocial Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It was wildly inappropriate and my ass is still chapped about it to the point that I'm considering leaving this place.

Stick around. Said poster was most likely projecting. You might also want to be a bit more judicious in word choice.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Michael Wilson on November 13, 2020, 02:29:55 PM
From the "Forum Rules":
QuoteA Definition of Feeneyism and the Forum's Stance Toward It:
Feeneyism is forbidden on this forum and promoting one, two, or all three errors of Feeneyism is subject to moderation.  While Feeneyites are welcome to post here in all sub-fora, they are not permitted to promote, spread, or disseminate information promoting any of the errors of Feeneyism.  Any posts or posters who do so will be subject to moderation.
[/quote]

I know that, which is why I am asking for a specific sub-fora. Another trad forum calls theirs the "Feeneyism Ghetto".

christulsa

What does not make sense is IF you knew the Rule in the first place, THEN why would you ask to make an exception for you?  You just joined here.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 13, 2020, 04:28:47 PM
I know that, which is why I am asking for a specific sub-fora. Another trad forum calls theirs the "Feeneyism Ghetto".

I made a nonCatholic discussion subforum and people get upset nonCatholic stuff is talked about over there.

So, no.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.