Author Topic: Forum improvements?  (Read 11170 times)

Offline LausTibiChriste

• #ImpeachFrancis2020
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • sip sip
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Forum improvements?
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2020, 06:00:26 PM »
Forum Rules, #2 under Conduct.

This rule is:
Vulgarities are forbidden on this forum.  You are not "in person" here, so you have time to compose and edit your thoughts. Please exercise that ability.

This already represents a stricter rule against profanity than the way it was originally phrased.  At first, the rule was to avoid profanity.  Enough posters showed a lack of prudence in this area that the rule was changed. 

As we can see, a stricter rule has not stopped vulgarity on the forum.  Certain people will write this way unless they are forced to stop.

Oh fuck off.

What a disgrace. I have tougher friends than you that never curse. But somehow its a badge of honour to swear on this forum.

For a forum where something like 75% of ya claim to be Irish, to one degree or another, there sure is a lot of pushback on the language.

And swearing rarely has to do with being 'tough'

Exactly.

Swearing has nothing to do with toughness and everything to do with a darkened heart.

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, lust, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is the service of idols. For which things the wrath of God cometh upon the children of unbelief, in which you also walked some time, when you lived in them. But now put you also all away: anger, indignation, malice, blasphemy, filthy speech out of your mouth. (Col. 3:5-8)

Check mate Irish.

Thanks Vetus. Sorry Diaduit.

Pontificating from you has about as much clout as a raghead giving me tips on how to cook my next porchetta.
‎"Traditionalists are some of the worst modernists on the planet"
     -Fr. Chad Ripperger

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
     -Wayne Gretzky
          -Michael Scott

Offline Philip G.

• Wachtmeister
  • Ordinary Cult
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2020, 06:23:48 PM »
"Thy rod and thy staff, they give me comfort".  If Kaesekopf does not want to use the rod, let him over compensate with the staff.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Offline Philip G.

• Wachtmeister
  • Ordinary Cult
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2020, 02:51:06 PM »
I think there needs to be a rule against attacking another's "mental" state/character.  In an age of feminism, I guess there is no sting to being called cold hearted and the like, so trolls don't seem to attack in this way.  But, there is an endless number of attacks on the mental state.  Basically, I am in favor of forbidding the accusation that another member is "mentally ill" explicit(and maybe implicit).  It is getting very tired, but it still seems to be the go-to insult.  It just another behavior to add to the list of bad behaviors that are common place here on SD.  How are we going to attract quality members when cursing and slander is the norm?   
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 02:55:42 PM by Philip G. »
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

The following users thanked this post: Daniel

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2020, 10:55:37 AM »
I think there needs to be a rule against attacking another's "mental" state/character.  In an age of feminism, I guess there is no sting to being called cold hearted and the like, so trolls don't seem to attack in this way.  But, there is an endless number of attacks on the mental state.  Basically, I am in favor of forbidding the accusation that another member is "mentally ill" explicit(and maybe implicit).  It is getting very tired, but it still seems to be the go-to insult.  It just another behavior to add to the list of bad behaviors that are common place here on SD.  How are we going to attract quality members when cursing and slander is the norm?

Examples?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Online Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2020, 12:23:45 PM »

Examples?

He may be talking about this, Heinrich:

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=24547.msg513217#msg513217