What are some of your absolute favorite books?

Started by Bernadette, September 27, 2018, 06:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on September 29, 2018, 07:49:00 AM
what genre are you looking at?  I'm currently reading a lot of children's literature with my kids for school, so that's what I'm familiar with at the moment ;) 

I love children's literature! :) Edith Nesbit is one of my favorites; I recently found her complete works for kindle, for 99c. And I treated myself to Winnie the Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner. I have the Little House books, too, but they're not illustrated; maybe one day I'll spring for the illustrated ones.

I'll have to take a look at Parables of Nature, that sounds promising.
My Lord and my God.

Maximilian

Speaking of children's books written by 20th-century authors named Edith, "The Land of Far Beyond" is a really excellent spiritual allegory. It pulls off the feat of transmitting a solid spiritual message while being an enthralling tale for children. Not quite so enthralling as the Narnia books, but a much more spiritual message.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Maximilian on September 29, 2018, 11:21:51 PM
Speaking of children's books written by 20th-century authors named Edith, "The Land of Far Beyond" is a really excellent spiritual allegory. It pulls off the feat of transmitting a solid spiritual message while being an enthralling tale for children. Not quite so enthralling as the Narnia books, but a much more spiritual message.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'm going to look into that one.