Author Topic: New 200 billion dollars Trump Tariffs on China of 10%.  (Read 219 times)

Offline Xavier

• Mary, Queen and Protectress of our Faith, protect our Faith from all the Satanic threats to it. Mary, Refuge of Holy Love, grant us final perseverance in Grace and Holy Love forever.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
New 200 billion dollars Trump Tariffs on China of 10%.
« on: September 18, 2018, 07:05:11 AM »
So we have more tariffs announced. If China backs down and comes to a good fair, free trade deal, it will be good for all parties. But China is likely to keep cheating as it has been for a long time. This is long overdue and a good move.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/09/17/gordon-chang-trumps-latest-china-tariffs-are-right-thing-to-do.html

Thoughts?

"President Trump’s announcement Monday to impose tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese products is already drawing fire, but the tariffs are justified and in America’s national interest. They are also good for the world.

The president said tariffs of 10 percent will take effect Sept. 24 and will rise to 25 percent on Jan. 1. He added in a statement: “Further, if China takes retaliatory action against our farmers or other industries, we will immediately pursue phase three, which is tariffs on approximately $267 billion of additional imports ...

The U.S. has won every WTO case it has brought against China since 2004 – and many before that date – yet Beijing’s trade behavior has only deteriorated, especially in the last five years. Unfortunately, the rules-based trading system has proven inadequate to constrain a country determined to flout rules.

And the trading system has failed to stop the theft of intellectual property – creations of the mind, such as inventions, designs, works of literature and artistic works – that are often protected by patents, copyright and trademarks.

As detailed in the U.S. Trade Representative’s 215-page investigative report, issued in March – along with other studies, most notably reports of the Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property in 2013 and 2017 – China has, through theft and forced taking, grabbed U.S. intellectual property worth hundreds of billions of dollars each year.

This has, with justification, been called the biggest theft in history."
Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Eminence Patriarch Kirill of Moscow, His Excellency Metropolitan Hilarion, as well as His Eminence Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the 220+ Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all 5500+ Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for the 400,000+ Priests, the 700,000+ Nuns, 50,000+ Monks, 100,000+ seminarians, that they may all become the Saints the Divine Will wishes them to be; we pray for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

Daily Morning Offering: O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary,  I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the Altars  throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word, and action of this day. I desire to gain every Indulgence and Merit I can, offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, Whom Thou hast appointed the dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular  [Here kiss your Brown Scapular] that She may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Amen.

Consecration to Our Blessed Mother: My Queen, my Mother! I give myself entirely to Thee, and to show my devotion to Thee I consecrate to Thee this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve, Wherefore, good Mother, as I am Thine own, keep me, guard me, as Thy property and possession." http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/morning-offering.htm

"I am the Lady of the Rosary. Pray the Rosary (i.e. 15 decades; 5 decades is a part of the Rosary) every day to obtain Peace for the World." ~ Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima.

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
Re: New 200 billion dollars Trump Tariffs on China of 10%.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »
It is good. If for anything, it will give pause to the human slavery that exists in China and reorder the infrastructures of both economies. But most importantly, ours. I am sure James would be able to explain the macro finance/economics of this in regards to debt restructuring and management, GDP growth, and what, if any, downsides legitimately exist, sans politics. If that is even possible.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: Xavier