Author Topic: Hello, Medievalist Catholic here  (Read 505 times)

Offline Warwick

• Hellebardier
Re: Hello, Medievalist Catholic here
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
It's a photo of Anne Hathaway from the movie "Becoming Jane". I didn't know that from having seen the movie, I reverse image searched it. I assure you I am very manly in my taste of movies and actually only seen two, namely Predator and Terminator II, oh and documentaries on firearms and meat processing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1544587/I-could-only-become-Jane-by-reading-all-her-letters-admits-star.html

Welcome :)

Thatís funny. I had no idea. But I do like Jane Austen and nineteenth-century literature in general. I also like medieval literature.

What about you, Warwick? Which medieval works are your favorites? Or do you prefer the nineteenth-century re-imaginings of the Middle Ages?
I'm in love with your avatar to be honest with you... I have a deep love for the Fair maiden type, little to no make up, long princess hair, no tattoos and dresses. I'm sure that's not a surprise to anyone here, as Chivalry is my life.... Looking like and having the spirit of a Medieval Christian Knight gives my life purpose and illuminates it.  So does meeting women who have that princess vibe i described, it makes all the effort I put into having the Christian Knight spirit worth it it. I also think its lovely, whole its not Pre Raphelite, it looks just like it. I made my point a bit long, but i figured why not its my introduction post. Believe it or not I'm not a huge reader, I'm more into writing my own work as Its more involed and I have control. I do however study and read the middle ages of course, I wouldn't say im an expert but it is my passion. I tend to study it through reading articles, audio or video. That being said I do love King Arthur, I have not sat down and read it extensively but I I enjoy it and what I do know about it. Galahad and Percival are my favorite knight, and being a Romance my story takes some inspiration from it. How about you?

The following users thanked this post: PerEvangelicaDicta, Fleur-de-Lys

Offline Warwick

• Hellebardier
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 08:00:25 PM »
Welcome, Warwick. I find what you've said interesting and welcome you, looking forward to your posts!  Hope you find this forum a good fit for you. Funny, your username makes me think of warlock, lol.  ;)
I appreciate that very much thank you, I have hope it will be!

Offline Fleur-de-Lys

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »
I'm in love with your avatar to be honest with you... I have a deep love for the Fair maiden type, little to no make up, long princess hair, no tattoos and dresses. I'm sure that's not a surprise to anyone here, as Chivalry is my life.... Looking like and having the spirit of a Medieval Christian Knight gives my life purpose and illuminates it.  So does meeting women who have that princess vibe i described, it makes all the effort I put into having the Christian Knight spirit worth it it. I also think its lovely, whole its not Pre Raphelite, it looks just like it. I made my point a bit long, but i figured why not its my introduction post. Believe it or not I'm not a huge reader, I'm more into writing my own work as Its more involed and I have control. I do however study and read the middle ages of course, I wouldn't say im an expert but it is my passion. I tend to study it through reading articles, audio or video. That being said I do love King Arthur, I have not sat down and read it extensively but I I enjoy it and what I do know about it. Galahad and Percival are my favorite knight, and being a Romance my story takes some inspiration from it. How about you?

Iím also a big fan of the Arthur legends, though I prefer the more flawed heroes such as Lancelot and Tristan.  :)

The following users thanked this post: PerEvangelicaDicta