Author Topic: Marian Consecration for kids  (Read 275 times)

Offline Chestertonian

• The Stephen Hawking of SD
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Eternal Gadfly
  • Religion: Catholic
Marian Consecration for kids
« on: August 12, 2018, 05:09:30 AM »
Is it possible to be too young to consecrate your soul to our lady

My son is 8 and he read true devotion to mary

My wife and I made the consecration on our wedding day, August 15 so we have been trying to do the preparation prayers together and my son prays them along with us

I was in the hospital which made it hard to do this also when I'm at the skilled nursing facility it's hard to do this

My wife emails me the prayers on days we can't do it together

But I worry that it isn't perfect. She really wants to renew our consecration on our anniversary..

My son wants to do it too
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Chestertonian

• The Stephen Hawking of SD
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Eternal Gadfly
Re: Marian Consecration for kids
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 05:12:14 AM »
can you consecrate a toddler to our lady
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 07:52:41 AM »
We consecrated our boys to Our Lady after their Baptisms and will do the same with Genevieve.

Since Junior is 8, and I assume at an age of reason, there is no known obstacle for him to offer himself in consecration to Mary. It's a wonderful and laudable thing.

The anniversary of our (wife and myself) Consecration to Mary is 27 August. I'll be in the woods elk hunting with my godfather. I'll renew before we go out for the day.
Lent: Only on Sundays.

"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Providence is a present mystery by which our hope is confirmed and our faith solidified, if we give not into despair or disbelief.

Offline Xavier

• "Deign to use Your Slaves of Love to accomplish what was said of You, O Immaculata, "She will crush your head," and, "You have destroyed all heresies in the world."
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Ave Maria, Gratia Plena, Dominus Tecum!
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 07:56:38 AM »
Yes, most certainly, Ches, parents can consecrate their children. Perfect consecration, St. Montfort says, is but the perfect renewal of our Baptismal promises. When children come of age, they can make it again themselves in their own name. And since your dear son is 8, I'm sure he'll be glad to make, and God and Mary happy to accept, his consecration.

Tan books published a special work about Marian consecration for children. https://www.tanbooks.com/marian-consecration-for-children-bringing-mary-to-life-in-young-hearts-and-minds.html

And how wonderful to hear your 8 year old son wants to consecrate himself to Jesus through Mary! God grant he goes on to become a great Saint of Christ! May His abundant blessings come on you on your wife also on your anniversary.

If you would like an online source rather than a book, I've found the below site extremely helpful in better understanding Marian consecration. It specifically mentions some simple prayers parents can say for their children. http://www.maria-domina-animarum.net/en/consecration-to-mary/consecration-of-children

Hope that is helpful.

The Mistress of all souls emphasizes the tremendous importance of a total consecration to Her which is actually lived and applied in daily life, for the purpose of accomplishing God's Plan of Salvation and the foundation of God's Kingdom on earth. Today She especially points out how important it is for the revival of the Church of Christ that our children should already be consecrated to Her on a large scale, in order that She should be enabled to raise to life the principles of true Christian morals and of Divine Law as early as during childhood. A deep-rooted Marian youth produces the seed for fruitful fields of Christianity in the future.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 07:58:31 AM by Xavier »
Please listen to the frequent messages and take heed of the directions given from Our Living Lord and Our Loving Lady from around the world here: https://maryrefugeofholylove.com/ Great things are at stake. Please consecrate your life to the Blessed Mother so that the Kingdom of God may come, "Ad Sanctam Trinitatem per Mariam, Ut adveniat Regnum Deum, adveniat Regnum Mariae, ergo TOTUS TUUS ego sum, MARIA" See http://www.maria-domina-animarum.net/en/flowers/1-250

Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ It is recommended that you make this Life Offering as soon as you feel ready, and to renew it from time to time.

Please read the Blessed Mother's amazing promises in the link: A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. The Doctors and Apostles say if we save even just one other soul through prayer and sacrifice, we also ensure the salvation of our own! Let us Offer our Lives in Sacrifice to Jesus and Mary Today, to save, if it were possible, all souls everywhere.