Author Topic: Does the US still have "mental institutions"?  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Does the US still have "mental institutions"?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 11:07:11 AM »
Jails have become the de facto mental institution.
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 03:32:19 PM »
That and Emergency Rooms. When I was an EMT we used to take them in all the time. Some of them had learned that if you arrive in an ambulance, you are seen right away...no sitting around in the waiting room. And they can't turn them away.
"It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry"

Offline longstrangetrip5

• Korporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 06:18:52 PM »
That and Emergency Rooms. When I was an EMT we used to take them in all the time. Some of them had learned that if you arrive in an ambulance, you are seen right away...no sitting around in the waiting room. And they can't turn them away.

well, assuming u are speaking of people who are faking mental illness (?) it is selfish to use the emergency rooms like that but people have to be taught that it is selfish. What I myself keep forgetting about those not "catechized" is that  they have not been catechized. In other words Ignorance covers a multitude of offenses.. When I was young, i was selfish but i didnt KNOW i was selfish

Offline syllabus.errorum

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Catholic, Latin Rite
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 03:11:47 PM »
Does the US still have "mental institutions"?

the u.s. is a mental institution

The following users thanked this post: Daniel

Offline dymphnaw

• Korporal
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »

[/quote]

They are guarded by men who ask for your thumb print and take a picture of you.

Provided you have a foreign passport you are allowed to leave again.

[/quote]which is why the hapless homeless don't want to be there, ditto homeless shelters. Yeh, you can leave the latter, but "they" will know all about where you are going and why

creepy world we live in. Rand Paul, keep fighting for privacy. So far the only privacy we have is the right to kill our helpless children in the womb. How that has anything to do with privacy is still rather beyond me.. A woman should be able to murder in her own womb, whcih is a private place?    Maybe she should think about that Place before there is a human being living there? Just a thought.... and as to rape: it is not the child's fault, so... yeh, we have had R v W around so long we forget the M word.. we have become Nazis who call human beings... something other than human beings (useless eaters...and etc)

sigh

[/quote]

Actually many homeless don't want to go to the shelter because they aren't allowed to drink and get high on the premises.