Author Topic: To what are you currently listening?  (Read 395996 times)

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: sisu
Re: To what are you currently listening?
« Reply #1020 on: December 17, 2013, 07:04:24 PM »
The bee is small among flying things, but her fruit hath the chiefest sweetness - Ecclesiasticus 3:11

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: sisu
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:12:58 PM by drummerboy »
The bee is small among flying things, but her fruit hath the chiefest sweetness - Ecclesiasticus 3:11

Offline Der Polka-König

• Inquietum est cor nostrum, donec requiescat in te.
  • Korporal
  • Ein Maß dunkles, bitte!
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #1022 on: December 17, 2013, 07:38:21 PM »
I'll see your liberal Bob Dylan folk and raise you a TLM-going Irish Traditional folk group:

"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

Offline Der Polka-König

• Inquietum est cor nostrum, donec requiescat in te.
  • Korporal
  • Ein Maß dunkles, bitte!
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #1023 on: December 17, 2013, 07:47:03 PM »
And just to get to my hundredth post, I'll add this one in:

"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

Offline Arun

• Господи Ісусе Христе Сыне Божїй помилѹй м
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic Forever Forever Catholic
« Reply #1024 on: December 18, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »
Joe Satriani's Unstoppable Momentum. Sound City Real to Reel is queued up next.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

The following users thanked this post: MisfitTrad

Offline Probius

• Objectivist
  • Feldwebel
  • Do not let the hero in your soul perish.
  • Religion: Buddhism
« Reply #1025 on: December 18, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” - The Buddha

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.” - Carl Jung

Offline Roland Deschain

• Wachtmeister
  • St John Chrysostom, ora pro nobis!
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #1026 on: December 19, 2013, 08:09:55 PM »
Not a valid youtube URL
‘Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people’s fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.’

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #1027 on: December 23, 2013, 07:05:39 PM »
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline per_passionem_eius

• Wachtmeister
  • Fortitudo et laeticia
  • Religion: Catholic

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith.

http://fatherfeeney.wordpress.com/

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
« Reply #1029 on: December 23, 2013, 08:55:38 PM »
You are Welcome
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Cesar_Augustus

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Stat Crux dum Volvitur Orbis
« Reply #1030 on: December 23, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
  • Magister Generalis - Hochmeister
    • My position.
« Reply #1031 on: December 23, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Offline Arun

• Господи Ісусе Христе Сыне Божїй помилѹй м
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic Forever Forever Catholic
« Reply #1032 on: December 24, 2013, 02:48:32 AM »

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

The following users thanked this post: MisfitTrad

Offline Basilios

• Copiosa Apud Eum Redemptio
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Not holy enough for the NO
  • Religion: Eclessia Dei Trad
« Reply #1033 on: December 24, 2013, 06:12:44 AM »
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
  • Magister Generalis - Hochmeister
    • My position.
« Reply #1034 on: December 24, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin