Author Topic: To what are you currently listening?  (Read 395974 times)

Offline CamelliaSinensis

• Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: What are you currently listening to?
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2013, 11:34:11 PM »

Offline phnuggle

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2013, 09:25:24 PM »

Offline phnuggle

• Hellebardier
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2013, 09:35:48 PM »

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2013, 10:03:09 PM »
This is the day the Lord has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it.
Praise the Lord, for He is good, for His mercy endures forever

Offline CamelliaSinensis

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2013, 10:33:57 PM »

Actually the Four Freshmen and the Manhattan Transfer

Offline Quo Vadis

• Vizekorporal
  • Fatima is upon us
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »
http://www.fatimayourlastchance.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31&Itemid=8

How do I put an image in here that is stored on my computer?  Anyways, it's not music, actually a video I was just listening to.
Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body?
-- St Cyril of Jerusalem

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
  • Magister Generalis - Hochmeister
    • My position.
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Offline LouisIX

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • "Libtard"-in-Residence
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2013, 03:34:23 PM »
Can we get a change of the thread title to "To What are You Currently Listening?"
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
    • My position.
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2013, 03:36:08 PM »
Can we get a change of the thread title to "To What are You Currently Listening?"
for sake of argument, why?   ;D
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Offline tmw89

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Re: To what are you currently listening?
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2013, 05:53:05 PM »

For the sake of stopping Alexander Pope's corpse from spinning too much in his grave, of course.

I'll fix it.

EDIT:  fixed.
Quote from: Bishop Williamson
The "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Offline phnuggle

• Hellebardier
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2013, 05:54:55 PM »

Never end a sentence with a preposition!  ;)

Offline tmw89

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »

...and that.
Quote from: Bishop Williamson
The "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• Feldwebel
    • My position.
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2013, 06:02:45 PM »

For this particular subject sentence, I agree with you. "What are you listening to?"

But, as a rule, "never end a sentence with a preposition", I disagree.
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/ending-prepositions.aspx
Enjoy!

Offline Hat And Beard

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2013, 08:19:37 PM »
Honestly, with some of the music I've seen in this thread, the the title should be, "To What Are You Currently Subjecting Your Ears?"  :laugh:
When someone steals another's clothes, we call them a thief. Should we not give the same name to one who could clothe the naked and does not? The bread in your cupboard belongs to the hungry; the coat unused in your closet belongs to the one who needs it; the shoes rotting in your closet belong to the one who has no shoes; the money which you hoard up belongs to the poor.
- St Basil the Great, Doctor of the Church

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• Feldwebel
    • My position.
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
Honestly, with some of the music I've seen in this thread, the the title should be, "To What Are You Currently Subjecting Your Ears?:laugh:
The "To" should be at the end of the sentence.  :laugh: