Author Topic: To what are you currently listening?  (Read 395307 times)

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
  • Magister Generalis - Hochmeister
    • My position.
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Offline Bonaventure

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: To what are you currently listening?
« Reply #676 on: June 04, 2013, 09:41:44 PM »
I got to see Smokey live, but 50 years past this

Online Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
    • My position.
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Online Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Bonaventure

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• Feldwebel
    • My position.
« Reply #681 on: June 05, 2013, 01:49:35 AM »

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• Feldwebel
    • My position.

Offline piabee

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • flinty prose
« Reply #683 on: June 05, 2013, 03:23:55 AM »
Probably the most mainstream song I've ever posted.

Offline PatrickG

• Korporal

Offline Pon de Replay

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: Agnostic
« Reply #685 on: June 07, 2013, 11:30:43 PM »

Sometimes the YouTube comments are amusing.  At first I sided with RussellthePumpkin because of his punctuation and sense of decorum, but in the end RiverOfSteel traded eloquence for honesty and, in my opinion, roundly won the argument.  Right on.

RussellThePumpkin: Why do people do this shit? It's so pointless.

RiverOfSteel: what shit?

RussellThePumpkin: Smash their guitars and trash the stage.

RiverOfSteel: its awesome and exciting man

RussellThePumpkin: Not really. It's just a waste of money and resources.

RiverOfSteel: thats just your negative opinion man a lot of people love it

RussellThePumpkin: Why? What is there to love about seeing someone trash an expensive musical instrument?

RiverOfSteel: hmm idk really but i guess it shows some musicians care more about putting on a good show and giving th audience something they wont forget rather than money

RussellThePumpkin: I don't want to see this at a show. I go to a concert to see musicians performing and enjoying themselves.

RiverOfSteel: this is them enjoying themselves!!!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:32:34 PM by Mr Brocklehurst »
"The sneakiness of prigs, the conventicle secrecy, gloomy concepts like hell, like sacrifice of the guiltless, like unio mystica in drinking blood; above all, the slowly fanned fire of revenge, of chandala revenge—all that is what became master over Rome."

Rome sank to whoredom and became a stew
The Caesars became beasts, and God—a Jew!

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #686 on: June 09, 2013, 02:35:50 AM »
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline piabee

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • flinty prose
« Reply #687 on: June 09, 2013, 03:30:27 AM »

Offline piabee

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • flinty prose
« Reply #688 on: June 16, 2013, 02:01:38 AM »
Can't let this thread fall off the first page!

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.