Author Topic: To what are you currently listening?  (Read 395166 times)

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
  • Magister Generalis - Hochmeister
    • My position.
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
Re: To what are you currently listening?
« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2013, 10:26:47 PM »
Beethoven is nowhere compared to my man Isaac Hayes.

Quote from: The Rules
1) Error has no rights.

I think this one might be ban-worthy.

:whistling:
Don't dis a brotha from anotha motha!
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Offline Hat And Beard

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2013, 11:30:31 PM »
When someone steals another's clothes, we call them a thief. Should we not give the same name to one who could clothe the naked and does not? The bread in your cupboard belongs to the hungry; the coat unused in your closet belongs to the one who needs it; the shoes rotting in your closet belong to the one who has no shoes; the money which you hoard up belongs to the poor.
- St Basil the Great, Doctor of the Church

Offline Quo Vadis

• Vizekorporal
  • Fatima is upon us
« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2013, 12:29:05 AM »
Icons of Sound: Cappella Romana in a virtual Hagia Sophia - Prokeimenon

Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body?
-- St Cyril of Jerusalem

Offline Hat And Beard

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2013, 10:53:21 AM »
When someone steals another's clothes, we call them a thief. Should we not give the same name to one who could clothe the naked and does not? The bread in your cupboard belongs to the hungry; the coat unused in your closet belongs to the one who needs it; the shoes rotting in your closet belong to the one who has no shoes; the money which you hoard up belongs to the poor.

Offline Ancilla Domini

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2013, 12:17:01 AM »
Georges Brassens' classic defense of the TLM, Tempête dans un bénitier. Perhaps I should post the lyrics in the Alps...

Offline totiusque

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2013, 12:33:43 AM »
That last song reminded me of this one, even though this nun went nuts.

Not a valid youtube URL
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Offline Ben

• Wachtmeister
  • At my best, I love you!
« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2013, 02:22:17 AM »

Offline Pon de Replay

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: Agnostic
« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2013, 11:52:40 PM »
"The sneakiness of prigs, the conventicle secrecy, gloomy concepts like hell, like sacrifice of the guiltless, like unio mystica in drinking blood; above all, the slowly fanned fire of revenge, of chandala revenge—all that is what became master over Rome."

Rome sank to whoredom and became a stew
The Caesars became beasts, and God—a Jew!

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
  • Magister Generalis - Hochmeister
    • My position.
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2013, 04:13:38 AM »
Georges Brassens' classic defense of the TLM, Tempête dans un bénitier. Perhaps I should post the lyrics in the Alps...

I don't understand French very well, but please correct me if I'm wrong, that song has a lot of foul language. A lot.
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Offline dueSicilie

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Counter-Reformation Romanist
« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2013, 04:46:10 AM »

Offline dueSicilie

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:07:25 PM by dueSicilie »

Offline Hat And Beard

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2013, 03:44:17 PM »

Offline Ancilla Domini

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2013, 05:38:11 PM »
I don't understand French very well, but please correct me if I'm wrong, that song has a lot of foul language. A lot.

It contains some colorful language. But the terms you might have recognized are nowhere near as strong in French as their counterparts in English. I would almost say "unfortunately," since in my opinion, no language is too strong to describe the "innovations" of the post-conciliar Church.

Offline dueSicilie

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2013, 11:06:10 PM »
So much beauty. God truly blessed the Irish with the gift of music.

Offline CamelliaSinensis

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2013, 01:15:39 AM »