To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Gardener

Looking into one of these Gene Milligan whistles... but they are spendy so I'm doing a lot of comparative research. Man, what SOUND. I've had my lips to one in person and aside from the slight bit of reverb on the recordings, the tone is JUST THAT GOOD. Gah.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

erin is nice

I listened to Elliott Smith for almost five hours today...

Chestertonian

Quote from: erin is nice on August 30, 2014, 01:47:26 PM
I listened to Elliott Smith for almost five hours today...
are you feeling ok
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

LouisIX

Quote from: Pon de Replay on August 23, 2014, 06:19:11 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on August 23, 2014, 06:11:43 PM
Quote from: Pon de Replay on August 23, 2014, 05:38:29 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on August 23, 2014, 05:12:42 PMYou are Sufjan Stevens.

That's the worst insult I've ever received.

That's a silly thing to say.

I've seriously never been so insulted in my life.  But I'm from New Jersey.  I can roll with the punches.

Louis, who's this fellow in your new avatar?  My first guess was that it might be some handsome actor playing Nietzsche, but then I remembered that Nietzsche never smoked (or even drank coffee; he led an ascetic lifestyle).  The cigarette more or less rules that possibility out.  (Or is it more grammatically correct to say "rules out that possibility?"  Jayne would know).  Anyway the hair and the mustache and the penetrating stare are positively Nietzschean.  So who is it?

Francois Verkerk, a model.  I do not particularly care about modeling, nor do I know anything about the man other than his name.  The picture, nonetheless, represents a certain masculine je ne sais quoi which is sorely needed in our current age.  I couldn't resist making it my avatar.

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Sbyvl36

My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Archer

Quote from: LouisIX on September 01, 2014, 03:31:20 PM
Francois Verkerk, a model.  I do not particularly care about modeling, nor do I know anything about the man other than his name.  The picture, nonetheless, represents a certain masculine je ne sais quoi which is sorely needed in our current age.  I couldn't resist making it my avatar.

I'll see your model and raise you an outlaw....errr....actor.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Rose

Show of Hands, the Best Of album. Anyone else heard of them? They're English modern folk, not manglewurzzle types.
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Maximilian

Quote from: Rose on September 04, 2014, 01:51:06 PM
Show of Hands, the Best Of album. Anyone else heard of them? They're English modern folk, not manglewurzzle types.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5h4PFBuzvw[/yt]

J. Austin

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 30, 2014, 10:02:48 AM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6RgaPTo4hE[/yt]

The vernacular isn't all bad  8)

That was really good! Pity Fifty Shades of Grey came up in the related videos though!

Chestertonian

waht i s a a anglewzuzzle
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Rose

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 05, 2014, 12:52:41 AM
waht i s a a anglewzuzzle

It's a bit like a turnip, used to feed livestock, and a sort of tongue in cheek byword for "country bumpkin". Some English folk music is very consciously uber-rural, nothing wrong with that of course,  but it doesn't make the music that great.

I love SOH, but can't vouch for all their songs or music videos  :) they sometimes have some immodesty in the vids as a warning. Steve Knightly, the lead singer, also has a solo career-in fact i think they both do-and his stuff is pretty good too.

Thanks for posting the vids, Maximillian!
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

AngloFalcon