Author Topic: To what are you currently listening?  (Read 327851 times)

Offline Matto

• Hold A Candle
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
  • Love God and Play, Do Good Work and Pray
    • Julian Moore
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: To what are you currently listening?
« Reply #3060 on: February 26, 2019, 10:36:12 AM »

I just listened to an entire sixties pop album again. Odyssey and Oracle by the Zombies. I thought it was excellent. As good as any Beatles album as far as sixties pop records go. There are twelve songs. I thought ten of them were good enough to be hits. But in real life I believe only one, "Time of the Season" actually was a hit.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:38:49 AM by Matto »
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • all aboard the "struggle bus"
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #3061 on: February 26, 2019, 12:30:37 PM »
To the fan from my gas fireplace, lol. No other sound in my house.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

The following users thanked this post: Prayerful

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #3062 on: February 26, 2019, 05:52:08 PM »
To the fan from my gas fireplace, lol. No other sound in my house.

Kinda like those sounds.

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #3063 on: February 27, 2019, 01:35:28 PM »
Eric Clapton - Holy Mother
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Online Sempronius

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #3064 on: February 27, 2019, 02:09:47 PM »

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #3065 on: February 27, 2019, 08:38:41 PM »
Don't know. But would a prod pray sing to Our Lady?
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
« Reply #3066 on: March 02, 2019, 08:41:09 AM »
"It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry"

Offline Xavier

• Immaculate Heart of Divine Mother Mary, Save us and the Whole World. Sweet Heart of Immaculate Mary, make of Pope Mario-Francis a Great Saint. Purest Immaculate Heart of Mary, Preserve the Hierarchy, Clergy and Religious in the Truth of the Catholic Faith
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
« Reply #3067 on: March 07, 2019, 11:46:13 PM »
.Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

Daily Morning Offering: O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary,  I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the Altars  throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word, and action of this day. I desire to gain every Indulgence and Merit I can, offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, Whom Thou hast appointed the dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular  [Here kiss your Brown Scapular] that She may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Amen.

Consecration to Our Blessed Mother: My Queen, my Mother! I give myself entirely to Thee, and to show my devotion to Thee I consecrate to Thee this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve, Wherefore, good Mother, as I am Thine own, keep me, guard me, as Thy property and possession." http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/morning-offering.htm

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #3068 on: March 10, 2019, 06:01:23 PM »
Is he catholic?

No he was raised CoE, fell away from it, and supposedly become "born again" in rehab.
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Providence is a present mystery by which our hope is confirmed and our faith solidified, if we give not into despair or disbelief.

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc

Offline Xavier

• Immaculate Heart of Divine Mother Mary, Save us and the Whole World. Sweet Heart of Immaculate Mary, make of Pope Mario-Francis a Great Saint. Purest Immaculate Heart of Mary, Preserve the Hierarchy, Clergy and Religious in the Truth of the Catholic Faith
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
« Reply #3069 on: March 12, 2019, 02:57:26 AM »
"Oh, what enormous of graces I will spill on the souls that say this Chaplet.  The entrails of my Mercy are mellowed when they say the Chaplet.  Write these words down, My daughter, speaks to the world of My mercy so that all mankind knows of My Infinite Mercy.  It is a sign of the last times, after the day of justice will come.  There is still time for them to resort to Source of My Mercy, let them benefit from the Blood and Water that flowed for them... "Today a great storm woke me up, the wind was blowing and it was raining as if there was a hurricane, as well as a severe thunder storm.  I started praying so that the storm would not cause any damage; suddenly, I heard these words:  Pray the chaplet that I have taught to you and the storm will stop.  Immediately I began to say the chaplet and I had not even finished it when the storm stopped and I heard these words: Through the chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you request is in agreement with My will." (1731) " ~ Our Lord Jesus Christ to St. Maria Faustina. https://www.english.santisimavirgen.com.ar/jesus_de_la_divina_misericordia_eng.htm

.Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

Daily Morning Offering: O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary,  I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the Altars  throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word, and action of this day. I desire to gain every Indulgence and Merit I can, offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, Whom Thou hast appointed the dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular  [Here kiss your Brown Scapular] that She may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Amen.

Consecration to Our Blessed Mother: My Queen, my Mother! I give myself entirely to Thee, and to show my devotion to Thee I consecrate to Thee this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve, Wherefore, good Mother, as I am Thine own, keep me, guard me, as Thy property and possession." http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/morning-offering.htm

The following users thanked this post: red solo cup, mikemac, martin88nyc

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
« Reply #3070 on: March 13, 2019, 05:48:52 AM »
You Raise Me Up: (God could sing it to Mary!)

The following users thanked this post: mikemac

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
« Reply #3071 on: March 14, 2019, 06:58:21 AM »
The Beauty of the Catholic Church:

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #3072 on: March 17, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Providence is a present mystery by which our hope is confirmed and our faith solidified, if we give not into despair or disbelief.

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #3073 on: March 17, 2019, 03:19:41 PM »
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Padraig

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #3074 on: March 25, 2019, 12:03:29 AM »
I can't get over how good Jason Isbell is.

His best song (in my opinion):