Author Topic: Heaven's special promises for various devotions to Jesus and Mary  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Xavier

• Mary Co-Redemptrix, Our Lady of Sorrows and Queen of Martyrs, Save us and the Whole World. Sweet Immaculate Heart of Mary, make of Papa Mario-Francis a Great Saint. Deign to preserve the Hierarchy, Clergy and Religious in the Truth of the Catholic Faith.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
    • Marian Apostolate Life Offering.
  • Religion: Catholic Christian (Roman Rite Latin Traditionalist)
Re: Heaven's special promises for various devotions to Jesus and Mary
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2018, 12:13:13 PM »
THE ROSARY OF THE HOLY WOUNDS:

On the crucifix and the first three beads we say:

O Jesus, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world. Amen.

Strong God, holy God, immortal God, have mercy on us and on the whole world. Amen.

Grace and mercy, O my Jesus, during present dangers; cover us with Your Precious Blood. Amen.

Eternal Father, grant us mercy through the Blood of Jesus Christ, Your only Son; grant us mercy, we beseech You. Amen, Amen, Amen.

On the large beads we say:

V. Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ.
R. To heal the wounds of our souls.

On the small beads we say:

V. My Jesus, pardon and mercy.
R. Through the merits of Your Holy Wounds.

(This devotion to the Holy Wounds and the following promises were revealed by Our Lord to Sr Mary Martha Chambon (1841-1907), of the Monastery of the Visitation of Chambery. The cause for her beatification was introduced in 1937.)

PROMISES OF OUR LORD FOR THOSE WHO PRACTISE THIS DEVOTION:

157. At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of My Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner.

158. Each time that you offer to My Father the merits of My Divine Wounds, you win an immense fortune.

159. Souls that will have contemplated and honoured My crown of thorns on earth, will be My crown of glory in Heaven.

160. I will grant all that is asked of Me through the invocation of My Holy Wounds. You. Will obtain everything, because it is through the merit of My Blood, which is of infinite price. With My Wounds and My Divine Heart, everything can be obtained.

161. From My Wounds proceed fruits of sanctity. As gold purified in the crucible becomes more beautiful, so you must put your soul and those of your companions into My sacred Wounds; there they will become perfected as gold in the furnace. You can always purify yourself in My Wounds.

162. My Wounds will repair yours. My Wounds will cover all your faults. Those who honour them will have a true knowledge of Jesus Christ. In meditation on them, you will always find a new love. My Wounds will cover all your sins.

163. Plunge your actions into My Wounds and they will be of value. All your actions, even the least, soaked in My Blood, will acquire by this alone an infinite merit and will please My Heart.

164. In offering My Wounds for the conversion of sinners, even though the sinners are not converted, you will have the same merit before God as if they were.

165. When you have some trouble, something to suffer, quickly place it in My Wounds, and the pain will be alleviated.

166. This aspiration must often be repeated near the sick: “My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Your Holy Wounds!” This prayer will solace soul and body.

167. A sinner who will say the following prayer will obtain conversion: “Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls.”

168. There will be no death for the soul that expires in My Holy Wounds; they give true life.

169. This chaplet is a counterpoise to My justice; it restrains My vengeance.

170. Those who pray with humility and who meditate on My Passion, will one day participate in the glory of My Divine Wounds.

171. The more you will have contemplated My painful Wounds on this earth, the higher will be your contemplation of them glorious in Heaven.

172. The soul who during life has honoured the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ and has offered them to the Eternal Father for the souls in Purgatory, will be accompanied at the moment of death by the Holy Virgin and the angels; and Our Lord on the Cross, all brilliant in glory, will receive her and crown her.

173. The invocations of the Holy Wounds will obtain an incessant victory for the Church.

PROMISE GIVEN TO ST GERTRUDE FOR THOSE WHO HONOUR OUR LORD’S HOLY WOUNDS:

One day as St Gertrude was completing her prayers and salutations in honour of the Wounds of the Saviour, her compassion was rewarded by a vision of Our Lord, on whose Wounds rested golden roses. Our Lord said to her:

174. “Behold, I will appear to you in this refulgent form at the hour of your death, and I will cover all your sins, and adorn you with a glory like that with which you have adorned My Wounds by your salutations. All who do so shall receive the like favour.”
.Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

Daily Morning Offering: O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary,  I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the Altars  throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word, and action of this day. I desire to gain every Indulgence and Merit I can, offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, Whom Thou hast appointed the dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular  [Here kiss your Brown Scapular] that She may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Amen.

Consecration to Our Blessed Mother: My Queen, my Mother! I give myself entirely to Thee, and to show my devotion to Thee I consecrate to Thee this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve, Wherefore, good Mother, as I am Thine own, keep me, guard me, as Thy property and possession." http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/morning-offering.htm

"I am the Lady of the Rosary. Pray the Rosary (i.e. 15 decades; 5 decades is a part of the Rosary) every day to obtain Peace for the World." ~ Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima.

The following users thanked this post: Blue Violet

Offline Xavier

• Mary Co-Redemptrix, Our Lady of Sorrows and Queen of Martyrs, Save us and the Whole World. Sweet Immaculate Heart of Mary, make of Papa Mario-Francis a Great Saint. Deign to preserve the Hierarchy, Clergy and Religious in the Truth of the Catholic Faith.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »
Infant Jesus of Prague:

175. "As long as you honor the Child Jesus, you shall never be in need."

http://missionbell.homestead.com/infantofpraguefavours.html

The Holy  Infant's  special care for children
During the depression years a travelling salesman came  to my grandmother's house with an Infant of  Prague statue which my grandmother purchased.  My two uncles who were then small children  came to the door. 

The salesman told my uncles to say three Hail Marys every day in honour of the Infant of Prague and to ask the Infant Jesus of Prague to send them a few lollies every day. This sounded like a great offer because they rarely had any lollies during the depression. They followed his advice and a rich husband and wife purchased  the hotel up the road. The wife called my uncles to the fence and gave them  three lollies every day.

An  encouragement to the growth of our family devotion to The Infant of Prague
A small incident which had a big influence on the development of our family devotion to The Holy Infant Jesus of Prague was when my mother won an Infant of Prague Statue in a competition in Kindergarten.  She turned frequently to The Infant of Prague from then on in her  needs and she still does. Her devotion has influenced myself and  also my brothers and sisters and through us our children.

Help in financial need
On one occasion when we were children, my mother was quite short of money to pay pressing medical bills. She prayed to The Holy  Infant Jesus of Prague and a few hours later a man knocked at our door and  asked if he could buy some of the building wood which he saw in our yard. Mum had no real need for the wood so she sold it and the sale provided  money to help pay the bills.

Protection from Robbery
A friend came down from Sydney to visit me and we discussed many things and then we said a prayer to the Infant of Prague. The prayer among other items asked the Infant of Prague to protect and bless our temporal goods from loss and misfortune.  Sometime during my friend's visit my next door neighbour's house was broken into. Their house was robbed of many valuable items. Our house was spared this treatment on that occasion and my friend and I attributed this to the Infant of Prague. (Every house on the block had been robbed at some time and one of them was robbed twice, even the primary school across the road was robbed.  We were never subjected to this.) I  prayed the Infant of Prague chaplet regularly.

A surprise find
On another occasion when I had just finished saying the Infant of Prague Chaplet, my son went down to the back shed and sat on a old upholstered  swivel chair which was marked for the tip.  He put his hand up inside the material which surrounded the arm of the chair and pulled out a $20 note. 

We were very surprised and then my daughter told us that her  nana (my husband's mother who had lived with us until about the time of her death), had sometimes put money notes up the arm of the chair for what she probably thought was safe - keeping.  She must have forgotten to remove this one.

Brief summary of other kinds of Favours granted to our family
Our family have  received many other kinds of favours that are quite different from the ones out lined on the previous page.  Some of the favours are to do with health, others are connected with catechetical work and many other kinds of  needs and problems. The following favours are in relation to friends of mine. There are also some comments made by people on the Infant of Prague devotion.                                                           
Recovery of Debt
A young widow lent her friend about $3,000 to put down a  deposit on a house. She promised to pay it back by a certain date. It was most important that she do so because the widowed lady needed it back to pay off some off her husband's funeral expenses. Unfortunately the due date passed and the money was not payed back The lady who had borrowed the money went out of her way to avoid meeting up with the widow.

The widow went to Singapore to visit some relatives and wrote back to Australia to her friend pleading with her to pay back the money.  The letter was totally ignored. The situation dragged on. Another friend of the widow said that she would  say an Infant of Prague eight hour novena to help the lady find a solution to the problem.

The next time that this friend went to see the widow before she could say that she had completed the novena, the widow said to her "I know that you have made the novena,  about half of the debt has been paid back and the lady has promised to pay back the rest of the money  in instalments as soon as she can....."

Financial  assistance
A friend told me the following story: she was one of 11 children of a widowed mother.  Her mother was hard - pressed to feed and  clothe the family and  to pay the bills. On one occasion when there was no money left to meet their needs, her mother prayed The Infant of Prague Chaplet and then she swept the rooms in her house. Some money was found under the carpet to meet their immediate needs.

Health Problem
Another lady related the following details to me some years ago.She had been suffering for some time from a  serious problem with her leg (the exact nature of the problem I cannot now recall, however I think that it may have be pain). She prayed constantly about this to the Holy Infant of  Prague.

One night she felt a young child's hand rubbing her troublesome leg. There was no one in the room with her.  From then on her leg was  fine and there was no more trouble. The lady showed her gratitude to The Holy Infant of Prague by giving out many leaflets on the devotion.

The Eight Hour Novena to The Holy Infant Jesus of Prague
A lady who was giving me a copy of the eight hour novena in my former parish commented to me about this devotion: " It would take a whole week to begin to tell you the answers to prayer in connection with this particular novena".

The eight hour novena is said at approximately the same time every hour until the novena is finished. (The prayer is said nine times during the eight hours.)

It is also known as the "The storm novena" because the person is "storming heaven"  with their prayers.  Another name it is known by is the "emergency novena". It is also known as the "Flying Novena".

The Storm Novena (before the Blessed Sacrament)
As a matter of interest there is another novena which is called "The Storm Novena".  It consists of visiting the Blessed Sacrament nine times in the one day and praying there on your knees with your arms outstretched to pray for your petitions.

You can choose any prayers that you like to say at these visits.  (Some suggestions of mine are any novena prayers to saints or to Our Lady, or some Our Fathers, Hail Marys and Glorias, or a decade of the Rosary at each visit).  Anyway just choose the prayers that you wish to say and tell Our Lord the favours that you are asking Him for.

You always make a fervent Act of Contrition at the first of the nine visits. Full information on this particular novena and its history can be found in a little book entitled  "The Storm Novena"  It is written by a Capuchin Father of St. Benedict the Moor Mission.  A search of the internet can locate for you places where this book is sold. I promise you that you will find the history of this novena very interesting. It is a novena with a reputation of "delivering the goods" in other words obtaining favours from Our Lord.

A comment on the devotion
A Volunteer helper in a Catholic library told me that her sister prays regularly to the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague and that her sister never ran in financial troubles and always did well in this area.  The librarian's  comments bear out the prophecy of Princess Polyxena to the Carmelites of Prague. "As long as you honour the Child Jesus you shall never be in need".
.Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING, adapted and pluralized: Dear Lord Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, We hereby Offer our whole Lives to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with our life, we place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all our Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all our good deeds, all our sacrifices, and the suffering of our entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father, Pope Francis the First; and for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. For His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, that they may re-unite their flocks with the Catholic Church, and there may soon be but One Fold and One Shepherd. For all the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, for all Bishops of the Universal Church that they may be true Apostles and Shepherds; and for Priests, Nuns and Monks, for good Priestly and Religious Vocations, and for All Souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept our life Sacrifice and our offerings and give us Your grace that we may all persevere obediently until death. Amen." https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/ Please pray this daily and you and your family will be saved. You will avoid Purgatory.

Daily Morning Offering: O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary,  I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the Altars  throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word, and action of this day. I desire to gain every Indulgence and Merit I can, offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, Whom Thou hast appointed the dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular  [Here kiss your Brown Scapular] that She may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Amen.

Consecration to Our Blessed Mother: My Queen, my Mother! I give myself entirely to Thee, and to show my devotion to Thee I consecrate to Thee this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve, Wherefore, good Mother, as I am Thine own, keep me, guard me, as Thy property and possession." http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/morning-offering.htm

"I am the Lady of the Rosary. Pray the Rosary (i.e. 15 decades; 5 decades is a part of the Rosary) every day to obtain Peace for the World." ~ Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima.

Offline Xavier

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Indian Catholic
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2018, 08:18:05 AM »
Holy Name of Mary. http://www.themostholyrosary.com/appendix8.htm

The Holy Name of Mary - The Power of Her Name

By St. Alphonsus de Liguori

Richard of St. Laurence states "there is not such powerful help in any name, nor is there any other name given to men, after that of Jesus, from which so much salvation is poured forth upon men as from the name of Mary." He continues, "that the devout invocation of this sweet and holy name leads to the acquisition of superabundant graces in this life, and a very high degree of glory in the next."
After the most sacred name of Jesus, the name of Mary is so rich in every good thing, that on earth and in heaven there is no other from which devout souls receive so much grace, hope, and sweetness.

Hence Richard of St. Laurence encourages sinners to have recourse to this great name, "because it alone will suffice to cure them of all their evils;" and "there is no disorder, however malignant, that does not immediately yield to the power of the name of Mary." The Blessed Raymond Jordano says, "that however hardened and diffident a heart may be, the name of this most Blessed Virgin has such efficacy, that if it is only pronounced that heart will be wonderfully softened." Moreover, it is well known, and is daily experienced by the clients of Mary, that her powerful name gives the particular strength necessary to overcome temptations against purity.

The Most Holy Name of Mary
September 12th is the Feast Day of The Most Holy Name of Mary
In fine, "thy name, O Mother of God, is filled with divine graces and blessings," as St. Methodius says. So much so, that St. Bonaventure declares, "that thy name, O Mary, cannot be pronounced without bringing some grace to him who does so devoutly.". . grant, O Lady, that we may often remember to name thee with love and confidence; for this practice either shows the possession of divine grace, or else is a pledge that we shall soon recover it.

On the other hand, Thomas a Kempis affirms "that the devils fear the Queen of heaven to such a degree, that only on hearing her great name pronounced, they fly from him who does so as from a burning fire." The Blessed Virgin herself revealed to St. Bridget "that there is not on earth a sinner, however devoid he may be of the love of God, from whom the devil is not obliged immediately to fly, if he invokes her holy name with a determination to repent." On another occasion she repeated the same thing to the saint, saying, "that all the devils venerate and fear her name to such a degree, that on hearing it they immediately loosen the claws with which they hold the soul captive." Our Blessed Lady also told St. Bridget, "that in the same way as the rebel angels fly from sinners who invoke the name of Mary, so also do the good angels approach nearer to just souls who pronounce her name with devotion."

Promises

Consoling indeed are the promises of help made by Jesus Christ to those who have devotion to the name of Mary; for one day in the hearing of St. Bridget, He promised His Most Holy Mother that He would grant three special graces to those who invoke that holy name with confidence:

176) firstly, that He would grant them perfect sorrow for theirsins;
177) secondly, that their crimes should be atoned for; and,
178) thirdly, that He would give them strength to attain perfection, and at length the glory of paradise.

And then our Divine Savior added: "For thy words, O My Mother, are so sweet and agreeable to Me, that I cannot deny what thou askest."

The Most Holy Rosary
O amor mei nomen matris Dei -St. Anselm
(Translation) "Oh name of the mother of God, thou art my love."

St. Ephrem goes so far as to say, "that the name of Mary is the key of the gates of heaven," in the hands of those who devoutly invoke it. And thus it is not without reason that St. Bonaventure says "that Mary is the salvation of all who call upon her." "O most sweet name! O Mary, what must thou thyself be, since thy name alone is thus amiable and gracious," exclaims Blessed Henry Suso.

Let us, therefore, always take advantage of the beautiful advice given us by St. Bernard, in these words: "In dangers, in perplexities, in doubtful cases, think of Mary, call on Mary; let her not leave thy lips; let her not depart from thy heart."

Names of Jesus and Mary
In every danger of forfeiting divine grace, we should think of Mary, and invoke her name, together with that of Jesus; for these two names always go together. O, then, never let us permit these two most sweet names to leave our hearts, or be off our lips; for they will give us strength not only not to yield, but to conquer all our temptations.
"The invocation of the sacred names of Jesus and Mary," says Thomas a Kempis, "is a short prayer which is as sweet to the mind, and as powerful to protect those who use it against the enemies of their salvation, as it is easy to remember."

Hour of Death
Thus we see that the most holy name of Mary is sweet indeed to her clients during life, on account of the very great graces that she obtains for them. But sweeter still will it be to them in death, on account of the tranquil and holy end that it will insure them.

Let us then, O devout reader, beg God to grant us, that at death the name of Mary may be the last word on our lips. This was the prayer of St. Germanus: "May the last movement of my tongue be to pronounce the name of the Mother of God;" O sweet, O safe is that death which is accompanied and protected by so saying a name; for God only grants the grace of invoking it to those whom He is about to save.

Father Sertorius Caputo, of the Society of Jesus, exhorted all who assist the dying frequently to pronounce the name of Mary; for this name of life and hope, when repeated at the hour of death, suffices to put the devils to flight, and to comfort such persons in their sufferings.

The Most Holy Name of Mary said Devoutly is a Prayer
"Blessed is the man who loves thy name, O Mary," exclaims St. Bonaventure. "Yes, truly blessed is he who loves thy sweet name, O Mother of God! for," he continues, "thy name is so glorious and admirable, that no one who remembers it has any fears at the hour of death." Such is its power, that none of those who invoke it at the hour of death fear the assaults of their enemies. St. Camillus de Lellis urged the members of his community to remind the dying often to utter the holy names of Jesus and Mary. Such was his custom when assisting people in their last hour.

Oh, that we may end our lives as did the Capuchin Father, Fulgentius of Ascoli, who expired singing, "O Mary, O Mary, the most beautiful of creatures! let us depart together."

Let us conclude with the tender prayer of St. Bonaventure:

"I ask thee, O Mary, for the glory of thy name, to come and meet my soul when it is departing from this world, and to take it in thine arms." (End)

Maríæ

Excerpts from the Breviary for the Feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary (Sept. 12)
It is said: And the Virgin's name was Mary. Let us speak a few words upon this name, which signifieth, being interpreted, Star of the Sea, and suiteth very well the Maiden Mother, who may very meetly be likened unto a star. A star giveth forth her rays without any harm to herself, and the Virgin brought forth her Son without any hurt to her virginity. The light of a star taketh nothing away from the Virginity of Mary. She is that noble star which was to come out of Jacob, whose brightness still sheddeth lustre upon all the earth, whose rays are most brilliant in heaven, and shine even unto hell, lighting up earth midway, and warming souls rather than bodies, fostering good and scaring away evil. She, I say, is a clear and shining star, twinkling with excellencies, and resplendent with example, needfully set to look down upon the surface of this great and wide sea.

O thou, whosoever thou art, that knowest thyself to be here not so much walking upon firm ground, as battered to and fro by the gales and storms of this life's ocean, if thou wouldest not be overwhelmed by the tempest, keep thine eyes fixed upon this star's clear shining. If the hurricanes of temptation rise against thee, or thou art running upon the rocks of trouble, look to the star, call on Mary. If the waves of pride, or ambition, or slander, or envy toss thee, look to the star, call on Mary. If the billows of anger or avarice, or the enticements of the flesh beat against thy soul's bark, look to Mary. If the enormity of thy sins trouble thee, if the foulness of thy conscience confound thee, if the dread of judgement appal thee, if thou begin to slip into the deep of despondency, into the pit of despair, think of Mary.

In danger, in difficulty, or in doubt, think on Mary, call on Mary. Let her not be away from thy mouth or from thine heart, and that thou mayest not lack the succour of her prayers, turn not aside from the example of her conversation. If thou follow her, thou wilt never go astray. If thou pray to her, thou wilt never have need to despair. If thou keep her in mind, thou wilt never fall. If she lead thee, thou wilt never be weary. If she help thee, thou wilt reach home safe at the last - and so thou wilt prove in thyself how meetly it is said: And the Virgin's name was Mary.