Author Topic: Praised be Jesus Christ!  (Read 1408 times)

Offline In.Christo

• +J.M.J+A.M.D.G+H.M.O.U+
  • Hellebardier
  • Religion: Sedevacantist Catholic
Praised be Jesus Christ!
« on: December 26, 2017, 11:44:48 PM »
+J.M.J+A.M.D.G+H.M.O.U+
Hello fellow users of Suscipe Domine!  After hearing about this internet site from some fellow altar boys of mine, I decided to make an account and give this a try.  The following are my answers to the recommended questions and answers from the Form to Introduce Yourself:
Q: What brings you to Suscipe Domine?
A: I would very much enjoy the opportunity to share ideas and converse with fellow Christians.
Q: Are you a member of another Internet forum?
A: No, I am not, though I do have a (still) pending account with CatholicAnswers which I do not plan on using.  ;D
Q: Why did you choose your username?
A: I chose my username as all of my messages will be left off with "In Christ", as this is how I sign letters and documents I formulate day-to-day.
Q: What is your state of life?
A: I am currently engaging in courtship.
Q: Where do you live "in real life"?
A: I live in northern Ontario, Canada.
Q: What is your personality type?
A: ISTJ.
Q: Favourite books?
A: If I were to choose one secular and one religious I would choose Democracy: The God That Failed, and I Accuse the Council.
Q: Favourite movies?
A: The Passion of The Christ, and Full of Grace (I highly recommend this film, it is on Netflix)!
Q: Favourite television shows.
A: I do not watch television.
Q: Favourite sports.
A: I used to engage in various martial arts, leading to the international level, though I am now retired.
Q: Have any hobbies?
A: I enjoy reading, writing, and creating art (paintings, graphite, . . .)
Q: Pet peeves?
A: Heresy.
Q: Fun fact about yourself.
A: I came to the Church at my Great Grandfather's funeral Mass, and have since began attempting to convert my family. 

Thank you for reading, I am excited to get to know many of you!

In Christ.
My God bless and Mary keep you, in Christ, Jesus+

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline ServusMariae

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Praised be Jesus Christ!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 11:58:15 PM »
PRAISED BE JESUS THROUGH MARY, In.Christo!! Welcome to the Suscipe Domine Traditional Catholic forum!! ;D (*throws confetti*)

I am ServusMariae, the forum's (un)official confetti thrower. Feel free to make yourself at home, & if you stick around, I'm sure you will get to meet a variety of personalities here. Cheers! ^-^

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 05:38:31 AM »
 :toth: :canada:
"It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry"

The following users thanked this post: In.Christo

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 06:26:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  Since you say that you are in Northern Ontario, I am wondering if you have heard of Our Lady Seat of Wisdom College.  Northern Ontario is huge so you might or might not be close to it.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • all aboard the "struggle bus"
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 09:20:17 AM »
Welcome!!! 15? Really? Not to contribute to a big head... :)....you sound older. Courting already?????  ;)   hmmmmm. Now you have to be able to take this kind of ribbing! Some here can really dish it out, but you seem a bit on the tough side. You'll do well. Do you attend a TLM, or homeschool? Simply wondering. So was grandpa's funeral a Requiem Mass? Do share more about how a young man converts to traditionalist without his family on board! Truly, a warm welcome to you! Happy to meet you. Carleen...aka: big mama
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Be still and know that I am God
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 10:04:58 AM »
Welcome, In Christo.  We'll have to say a few prayers of thanksgiving in honor of your Great Grandfather +RIP+.  I look forward to reading your posts.   :seeya:   8)
ن
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

“Don’t waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you’ll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master.”– Mother Angelica

Offline In.Christo

• Hellebardier
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  Since you say that you are in Northern Ontario, I am wondering if you have heard of Our Lady Seat of Wisdom College.  Northern Ontario is huge so you might or might not be close to it.

No I have not, sorry about that.

Offline In.Christo

• Hellebardier
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 10:58:18 AM »
Welcome!!! 15? Really? Not to contribute to a big head... :)....you sound older. Courting already?????  ;)   hmmmmm. Now you have to be able to take this kind of ribbing! Some here can really dish it out, but you seem a bit on the tough side. You'll do well. Do you attend a TLM, or homeschool? Simply wondering. So was grandpa's funeral a Requiem Mass? Do share more about how a young man converts to traditionalist without his family on board! Truly, a warm welcome to you! Happy to meet you. Carleen...aka: big mama

Yes I am only 15, hahaha.  I attend a Latin Mass on Sundays and on other days when I can get to it, but on days when I can not I attempt to get to a Ukrainian Divine Liturgy.  I attend public school and I'm in my 10th year.  I was baptized in the Novus Ordo, but that was about it.  I then became atheist from a very young age and engaged in a fair share of degeneracy. . . it's quote discouraging to ponder on how sick one's soul can become at such a young age in the current year.  I then began to research "scientific" creation at the age of 12 and 13; expectedly -- as anyone of good-will shall discover -- I found God's existence to be self evident.  I then became a 7th Day Adventist, and then became a "Conservative Catholic" for a span of about 6 months.  During the winter of my 13th year my mother found a Novus Ordo bulletin under my bed and confronted me, as I had been living as a crypto-Catholic.  I soon began attending a Latin Mass in my area, and by the spring of my 14th year I had adopted the position of the SSPX.  At this point I have converted my sister who is 4 years younger than I, and my mother.  I have began to slowly bring my Grandfather on my Father's side to the Faith, and he has began attending Mass with myself.  So, that is my conversion in brief.  Thank you for the warm welcome Carleen, God bless and Mary keep you.

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian, Xavier, Carleendiane

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 05:42:21 PM »

No I have not, sorry about that.

It's in the town of Barry's Bay, in the Madawasaka Valley, about 2 hours west of Ottawa.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.